[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man Im dissappointed.

Sgt. Ryan

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that this really fits in here, but...

I heard on a local morning show, their sports guy, bring up an interesting point.  "Vanderjagt missed that FG on purpose to get back at the cry baby Peyton for his idiot kicker remark years back".  If you think about it the point doesn't seem that far fetched.  Considering how good Vanderjagt is and by how much he missed that FG, it is something that makes you go "HMMMMM".

1272169[/snapback]

Yeah, I can think of a dozen ways to "get back" at Peyton, missing a critical field goal isnt one of them.

You're track record with me is 0-1 so I'd keep quiet.  Remember that argument last year?  If you recall I was right........ lil' Q did lose his starting job!

Moving on...... the reason the NFL is the greatest sport on the planet is because it's the ultimate team sport.  One or two or three superstars cannot carry a team like in basketball, baseball or even college football.  So again, the best team didn't win this weekend.  The colts were the best team until week 13, now they're not.  If you want champions to be determined by their regular season success, then I suggest you stick with following college football and leave the NFL for the real football fans.

1272104[/snapback]

I think it's taking every bit of energy for you not to snap.  I'm just discussing why you're wrong.  That's it.  The same reason Peyton Manning is not to be blamed for losing playoff games is the same reason S. Smith cannot be credited for winning playoff games.  NFL is the ULTIMATE TEAM SPORT.  Without the O line doing their job or ST or defense or the QB etc..... teams would not win.  So grits is wrong just like you here. 

Just remember this....  I'm much smarter than you and I'm always right. :D

1272199[/snapback]

You obviously do not know me, I snapped years ago. And the NFL is definately the ultimate team sport, but further proof how wrong you are, is the Panthers could not win without Steve Smith or Jake Delhomme thus 1 or 2 superstar players can carry a team. Carry a team and win the game by yourself are 2 totally different things.

Sarge 1 - Elastic 1

further proof how wrong you are, is the Panthers could not win without Steve Smith or Jake Delhomme

Sarge 1 -  Elastic 1

1272242[/snapback]

Sorry, that's not proof, that's only an opinion. Looks like the score is still

Fantastic Brent 1 - Rianne 0

I'm not saying that I don't agree with your above statement, but there's no proof of it. And don't use previous seasons as an example because we all know each year is an entirely new year in the NFL.

Steve Smith is raw as hell, and he certainly gives his team a better chance of winning every week but you cannot say with absolute certainty that the Cats would've lost those games had he not been in the lineup. He's the statistical beneficiary of a very good football team who was in the SB only 2 seasons ago.

Sorry, that's not proof, that's only an opinion.  Looks like the score is still

Fantastic Brent  1 - Rianne 0

I'm not saying that I don't agree with your above statement, but there's no proof of it.  And don't use previous seasons as an example because we all know each year is an entirely new year in the NFL.

Steve Smith is raw as hell, and he certainly gives his team a better chance of winning every week but you cannot say with absolute certainty that the Cats would've lost those games had he not been in the lineup.  He's the statistical beneficiary of a very good football team who was in the SB only 2 seasons ago.

1272277[/snapback]

Sarge 2- Elastic tampon -1

Private Ryan- who cares?? Pitt kicked their ass, and the Den- Pitt game will be a great game, as will Sea-Carolina. I think it is a pretty solid final 4 alll around.

Besides, the best team DOES NOT ALWAYS WIN- you saw it in the Rose Bowl.

:D

1272332[/snapback]

:D I agree with the Rose Bowl comment!

Maybe if your an idiot.

Missing that kick made HIM look bad. Did you see his face? I thought the dude was goign to cry.

1272203[/snapback]

I am an idiot, but at least I am not alone on these boards...

Did you see by how much he missed. Crap, if he had to kick it over the entire goaline it might have been wide right. That was worse than the Scott Norwood miss.

Sorry, that's not proof, that's only an opinion.  Looks like the score is still

Fantastic Brent  1 - Rianne 0

I'm not saying that I don't agree with your above statement, but there's no proof of it.  And don't use previous seasons as an example because we all know each year is an entirely new year in the NFL.

Steve Smith is raw as hell, and he certainly gives his team a better chance of winning every week but you cannot say with absolute certainty that the Cats would've lost those games had he not been in the lineup.  He's the statistical beneficiary of a very good football team who was in the SB only 2 seasons ago.

1272277[/snapback]

I'd love to side with you here Brent, but without Steve Smith the Panthers don't sniff the postseason, let alone a playoff win.

I am an idiot, but at least I am not alone on these boards...

Did you see by how much he missed.  Crap, if he had to kick it over the entire goaline it might have been wide right.  That was worse than the Scott Norwood miss.

1272420[/snapback]

Right, if you REALLY believe that Vanderslack hates Manning SO much that he would inentionally shank a game tying FG to force overtime in a come-from-behind divisional playoff game, making himself look like a massive tool and totally F'ing the other 70+ players and coaches on the team (nevermind the fans) JUST to stick it to Manning...

Well, if you (or anybody) believes that, then yes, you are an idiot.

But I don't think you do, I think you're just fishing.

I know this subject was beat to death on Sunday, but the reality has set in, that the best team in football is out of the playoffs, while a team that backed into the playoffs will move on and get trashed in next weeks game.  Mike and Mike this morning on ESPN radio were calling the Colts loss one of the biggest upsets in recent memory and it compares to the collapse of the yanks up 3-0 before losing to the Sox 4-3, and Bill Buckners infamous ball between his legs.  Many saw the Steelers as a team that benefitted greatly by the loss of Carson Palmer in round 1.  Now the rust of the Colts, and the disappointment of them losing to a team they trashed already, and should have beaten by 2 Tds has set in.  Pittsburgh is one of those teams that yearly makes the playoffs, but never has the team to win it all, and this is just another example of what is to come.  I for one am more disappointed by the Colts losing this game than seeing my beloved Cowboys not make the playoffs this season.  And I am not a Peyton Manning fan, just want to see the best teams in the Super Bowl, and now that will not happen.  Sure Indy could lose to a much better Denver team this week had they just taken care of business on Sunday, but at least that would have been a great game.  Not the crap we are going to see from the AFC side this weekend.  Regardless the Super Bowl should be great with Denver and Sea or Carolina duking it out for the title.

1271072[/snapback]

I totally understand how you feel but if they were the best team, they would have won.