[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who To Win?

Hated-By-Many

I like Carolina and Denver. I think Denver is very tough at home and plays the run very well. As for the Panthers, they play so well on the road, are on a roll, and have the best player in the game right now. All that having been said, they are virtual pick 'ems and I am sure Pitt & Sea. will win.

Denver is under-respected and falling in predictions all because of the 6-seed hype. Not to say Pit's not hot right now, but Denver: 1) is undefeated at home, 2) has a long history of solid Champsionship games in Denver, 3) has more successful playoff experience at both the coaching and player level. Lot of people wrote them off last week; lots will this week, and in the end I think both will be proved wrong.

As for the NFC match-up, I think the Seahawks will be able to handle Carolina's on-dimensional offense with Foster out, but there's no way Carolina effectively contains Alexander.

Broncos def Seahawks in SB XL; Broncos fans finally allowed to say Elway's name without crying.

Denver is under-respected and falling in predictions all because of the 6-seed hype.  Not to say Pit's not hot right now, but Denver: 1) is undefeated at home, 2) has a long history of solid Champsionship games in Denver, 3) has more successful playoff experience at both the coaching and player level.  Lot of people wrote them off last week; lots will this week, and in the end I think both will be proved wrong.

As for the NFC match-up, I think the Seahawks will be able to handle Carolina's on-dimensional offense with Foster out, but there's no way Carolina effectively contains Alexander. 

Broncos def Seahawks in SB XL; Broncos fans finally allowed to say Elway's name without crying.

1273515[/snapback]

Pittsburgh is getting the hype because they were the #6 strictly because of the injury to ROethlisberger. If he plays those 4 games, and they win 2, Pittsburgh is the #2 seed. THey are the best #6 seed we have seen in quite some time.

If all else fails, take the home teams. Seattle is undefeated at home this year, and though I like the moxy the Panthers have displayed, the loss of a true stud RB will hurt them. Seattle will take away the pass on 1st downs, and force Carolina into long 2nd & 3rd downs. I also like Alexander to get it going in the 2nd half, as ball control becomes a factor. Though the game will be close early, I like Seattle getting it under control after halftime, and cruising in, 23-13.

The Pit-Den game is tough to handicap. Denver's strength may be finally neutrilized by Pits big DEF line (Anderson), and speedy linebackers (Bell). The game will come down to whether Plummer can manage what the Pit defense gives him...short-to-medium underneath stuff to the TEs, and a big role for Rod Smith as a posession WR. They will take a few shots downfield with Lelie when the situation dictates, but for the most part, I'd be surprised to see Plummer thorw more than 5 passes longer than 20 yards. The bigger question will be how Pitt attackes the Denver defense. We should see a lot of Ward down the middle of the field (see Deion Branch last week), and the usual dose of Parke/Bettis, with little success. As was the case in Denver last week, it will come down to turnovers, and for some reason, I always like the home team, the crowd noise, etc....Though Big Ben was huge last week, two INTs this week look in the cards, and it will be two too many. In a close, old-style, field-position battle: Den 19, Pitt 17.