[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 12 backs for next year?

Gros Membres!

Just curious to get some Huddlers' thoughts on the top 12 backs for next year. Here's what I'm thinking so far...

1. Larry Johnson

2. Shaun Alexander

3. LT

4. Edge

5. Tiki

6. Warrick Dunn

7. Clinton Portis

8. Lamont Jordan

9. Mike Anderson

10. Rudi Johnson

11. Steven Jackson

12. Carnell Williams

? marks for me are McGahee, Kevin Jones, Jamal Lewis, Rudi Johnson, Pittsburgh RBS (Parker, Bettis?!), Dallas RB situation, Bush (!), LenDale White, Chris Brown, Miami RBs, Fred Taylor, Droughns, Davis/Foster, Gado.

-GM!

? marks for me are McGahee, Kevin Jones, Jamal Lewis, Rudi Johnson, Pittsburgh RBS (Parker, Bettis?!), Dallas RB situation, Bush (!), LenDale White, Chris Brown, Miami RBs, Fred Taylor, Droughns, Davis/Foster, Gado. 

-GM!

1274612[/snapback]

it's way too hard to try to rank any position, especially running back right now because of the guys you listed above. overall, i think your list is fine for this time of year. i personally would have dunn lower and rudi and sjax higher. but until the draft, coaching changes, and player movement are complete, i won't finalize any list i have.

Just curious to get some Huddlers' thoughts on the top 12 backs for next year.  Here's what I'm thinking so far...

1. Larry Johnson How much of his O-line will remain, new coaching staff

2. Shaun Alexander Historically backs that have huge years fall off, he beat history once, but twice might be a bit much.  Has he signed a new contract yet?

3. LT

4. Edge  Is he going to be in Indy? Will we see the 2005 balanced Colts or the 2004 pass happy Colts?

5. Tiki  See SA, besides he is getting up there in age

6. Warrick Dunn No F'n way

7. Clinton Portis

8. Lamont Jordan 

9. Mike Anderson

10. Rudi Johnson

11. Steven Jackson

12. Carnell Williams

-GM!

1274612[/snapback]

no love for Westbrook? And what is Anderson doing anywhere near the top 12? He will be fortunate to be the leading rusher on his own team next year.

Over all a good list, and your Top 5 are the same as mine. I'd have:

6. Portis

7. R. Johnson

8. Lamont

9. Jackson

10. Dunn

11. Caddy

12. McGahee

Anderson, Westbrook, Julius, Kevin Jones, Jamal, Ronnie Brown, Domanic (who will still be used plenty as Bush learns to block, NFL-style), and Dillon round out my Top 20. And that is still omitting Taylor, Bush, Gado, Mewelde, Arrington, Ricky Williams, and Droughns.

Man, are RBS much deeper than a few years ago or what? Might be time to switch strategies and go QB early, since you can find capable RBS everywhere.

I agree with switching RJ and Dunn up and Palmer's injury could help matters here. I stuck Anderson up there for funzies. No real reason other than it will be his second year as a starter but with the Offensive signal caller gone to Houston in all probability we might see a decile in Denver. LJ is a questionable call and I take plead bias on this one - led me to a championship this year. Westbrook scares me but he is a good call. SJax didn't impress me this year with his durability but I LOVE his upside. Yep, let's keep tabs on the coaching changes and draft. Much too early to fully say but it's never to early to start preparing, right?

I will draft a backup before I ever have Rudi Johnson on another one of my teams. I know he wasn't on your list (and shouldn't have been) but the same goes for Kevin Jones.

I will draft a backup before I ever have Rudi Johnson on another one of my teams. I know he wasn't on your list (and shouldn't have been) but the same goes for Kevin Jones.

1277870[/snapback]

A backup before Rudi? Did he kill another one of your team members. Rudi ain't sexy, and he gives up some stats to Perry, but the guy chugs along and doesn't hurt you. he i slike Brady in the backfield. I don't have his numbers in front of me but they have to be like 1400/11TD? That ain't bad, and he killed coming down the stretch, just like last year. You take Adrian Peterson and I'll take Rudi!

• 2 weeks later...

LT

EDGE

Shaun Alexander

Larry Johnson - I see an injury in his future.

Rudi Johnson

Ronnie Brown

Tiki Barber

Willis McGahee

Clinton Portis

S-Jax

Jamal Lewis

Julius Jones

Those are my 12, I have a few notables missing but I see injuries for some guys:

remember Dunn was Top 10 this year.

Here is my early evaluation of all the RB's

Lions- Jones should be the starter and should bounce back as long as nothing crazy happens this offseason.

Packers- Don't know who will be their starter next year

Bears - Expect Thomas Jones to again have a fine eyar and be the starter.

Vikings - Don't know who will be the starter next year.

Redskins - Portis should be a solid middle round pick next year.

Cowboys -Don't know who will be the starter next year.

Giants - Barber IMO will be drafted higher next year than hes ever been in fantasy leagues after being a steal year after year. I have a bad feeling about him for next year.

Eagles - ?

SeaHawks - Who knows if Alexander stays or goes.

49'ers - Gore, Hicks, Barlow?

Arizona - Arrington ? who knows what will happen over there.

Rams - Jackson should be a solid late 1st round pick

T.B. - Caddilac - a solid late 1st early 2nd round pick

Carolina - who knows who will be their starter yet

Atlanta - Dunn ,Duckett..Vick. Won't touch this situation unless someone lets Dunn fall to the late 3rd or early 4th round.

New Orleans - who knows who ends up the starter over here.

N.E. - Dillon or someone else? wait and see here.

Dolphins - Expect Brown to be a stud next year and a major steal in next years draft.

Buffalo - McGahee - expect McGahee to have a excellent year next year but still won't touch him til the 2nd round because he is a headcase and his past injury problems.

Jets - Who knows who end up the starter over there.

Bengels - Rudi Johnson is a good back but I expect Perry to eat up even more carries next year. gonna watch this situation til the last second.

Steelers - Do not expect Parker to be the starting RB next year.

Baltimore - Jamaal Lewis..do they want him back next year? if so they better do something about that 0-line or he is in for another tough season.

cleveland - Droughns was not to bad this year and if the Browns don't mess with that situation he will be a solid RB and a good sleeper.

Colts- Who knows if James stays or leaves.

Jaguars - Fred Taylor? will stay away from this situation unless Taylor leaves and someone else is named the hands down number 1.

Titans - Chris Brown? if you take him you better invest into Henry too.

Houston - lot of uncertainty over here, but if they end up with Bush I would let someone else waste a top pick on him, because he won't have the line he had in college to be a top back.

Denver - Don't expect Anderson to be the starter next year. wait and see here too.

K.C - gotta wait and see what happens with that 0-line, He(Johnson) is number 1 hands down IMO if Shields and Roaf both are back..if 1 of those guys leaves he falls to about 4 for me...if both are gone I let someone else take him too early.

S.D. - No ifs ,ands or buts here.

Raiders - I expect Jordan to be taken a little to high next year, should be solid as long as he can stay healthy though.

Nobody ever give's Rudi enough love. I have him in the 4-6 range.

1276589[/snapback]

I hope so. I also think S Jackson will move up due to the new offense up thre. Overall a good list although I think Mike Andeso is too high imo.