[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I need a winner this week!

I am still alive in my survivor pool, which started in Week 1. Because there were multiple people still alive at the end of the regular season, the pool has continued into the playoffs. There were 19 of us at the start of the playoffs, and now we are down to 9 (Tampa took out 4, Indy took out 6 last week).

This is for some nice ching...there were 237 people at the start of the year, each with a $20 entry, so you can see the payout will be nice! Hell, I'll be glad to take 1/10th of it if we all make it thru the Super Bowl!

So this week, I am leaning toward one team, but need to make a final decision (and perhaps need someone to convince me my pick is right!).

So, if you had to pick one team you felt the strongest about winning on Sunday, who would it be? No point spread...just the team you feel has the best chance of winning.

TIA!

Just one team? Denver. I pretty much agreed with your post to Hated. I think Carolina has a better chance of beating Seattle than the Steelers have of beating the Broncos. It will be close but i just think that all things being equal, Denver's tough at home is better than Pittsburgh's tough on the road.

thanks for the input.

Though I like both home teams this week, I went with Seattle, only because I feel Carolina will end up being too one dimensional. Though Goings has done well filling-in in the past, he has not done it in a NFC CHampionship game, on the road, against one of the top defenses. I think Carolina dinks and dunks down the field, bogs down inside the 20, and settles for too many field goals. Seattle should put enough "7"s on the board to take it.

I also like Denver to win this week, but it wouldn't me one bit to see Pitt take the game, given the right flow. Barring Big Ben's 1st game back from injury (the Monday night loss in Indy), Pitt has been perfect. If Roethlisberger had not been injured, I think Pitt ends up the #2 seed, rather than the #6. Yes, they are that good. These two teams are almost equal, except for the Elam/Reed mismatch (which will be huge, I feel), so take the 3 points for home-field, and I like the Broncos, 20-17'ish.

thanks for the input.

Though I like both home teams this week, I went with Seattle, only because I feel Carolina will end up being too one dimensional. Though Goings has done well filling-in in the past, he has not done it in a NFC CHampionship game, on the road, against one of the top defenses. I think Carolina dinks and dunks down the field, bogs down inside the 20, and settles for too many field goals. Seattle should put enough "7"s on the board to take it.

I also like Denver to win this week, but it wouldn't me one bit to see Pitt take the game, given the right flow. Barring Big Ben's 1st game back from injury (the Monday night loss in Indy), Pitt has been perfect. If Roethlisberger had not been injured, I think Pitt ends up the #2 seed, rather than the #6. Yes, they are that good. These two teams are almost equal, except for the Elam/Reed mismatch (which will be huge, I feel), so take the 3 points for home-field, and I like the Broncos, 20-17'ish.

1280414[/snapback]

Nice call.

Whew...just ahd a feeling Seattle could handle the Panthers this week. I knew Pitt-Den could go either way....turned out Plummer was the one that folded. Leason learned: if all else is equal, go with the better/hotter QB!

3 Broncos selections were knocked-out of our pool (2 picked Pitt, and 4 took Seattle) , so now we are down to 6 people. Anyone who picks correct gets a split of the prize. So the easy pick is to take Pitt (I guess, since they are favored).

Or do I take a chance and pick Seattle, hoping for the upset, and a much larger chunk of change? If I am the only person to take Seattle, I get the whole enchilada. If two people take them and they win, we'd split. However, if I take Seattle and the gamble fails, I lose out.

Gut tells me to take the Steelers and probably win 1/6th of the ching. But darn, after watching Seattle execute their game plan against a pretty good Panther defense, and see their defense completely obliterate Delhomme (who never had a history of choking/failing big prior)....it wouldn't chock me to see the Seahawks win, either.

Hmmmm. :D