[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it just me...

kraftykraft

Obviously not if you are a Steeler or Seahawks fan, but the playoff games this year have been pretty poor--too many blowouts to keep me watching past the first half

We had a few good games this postseason--Indy and Pittsburgh, Carolina and the Bears, but an awful lot of bad games. This weekend's championship games were the worst pair that I can remember--no suspense at all. And an awful lot of the games leading up to the conference championships were over after the first half.

What do others think?

It's just you. :D

All the games were interesting. Just because you have some blowouts doesn't mean that they aren't worth watching. Especially if you no longer have anything invested and have the games on just to watch.

But then I am just in it to watch football. See how game plans work out, how they change, who rises to the occassion, who doesn't... that sort of thing.

Not that I wouldn't have liked to have seen a few closer ones... but all in all... pretty good so far for me.

It's just you. :D

All the games were interesting. Just because you have some blowouts doesn't mean that they aren't worth watching. Especially if you no longer have anything invested and have the games on just to watch.

But then I am just in it to watch football. See how game plans work out, how they change, who rises to the occassion, who doesn't... that sort of thing.

Not that I wouldn't have liked to have seen a few closer ones... but all in all... pretty good so far for me.

1283091[/snapback]

Interesting going in, sure, but NE/Jax, Car/NYG, Pit/Den, Sea/Car where absolutely brutal to watch and not much fun. Pit/Cin was good for a half. Pit/Ind was good for the last 10 minutes. Den/NE was okay. Was/TB, Sea/Was, and Car/Chi were entertaining.

A C- by my standards.

I kind of lost interest for whatever reason, and it hasn't helped that the games that I've been able to watch have not been too exciting. Once the Colts and Pats lost, I really had no expectations for any of the remaining teams. All of them this weekend had solid teams on both sides of the ball, but there is not one of them that made me think (now or during the reg. season) - yeah, they are gonna win it all baby.

Interesting going in, sure, but NE/Jax, Car/NYG, Pit/Den, Sea/Car where absolutely brutal to watch and not much fun.  Pit/Cin was good for a half.  Pit/Ind was good for the last 10 minutes.  Den/NE was okay.  Was/TB, Sea/Was, and Car/Chi were entertaining.

A C- by my standards.

1283103[/snapback]

I guess I am just different in my viewing of the NFL. To me the absolute best of it would be a well fought 3-0 game. (I know where the Huddle sits on this issue. LOL)

To me there are no boring NFL games. Every game has something to keep me interested.

I will say, though, that over the years there has never been a 'good' game in the SB according to most. If it is low scoring it is boring.... if it is a blow out it is boring... if it is middle scoring for both it is boring.... In fact I can't ever remember a game that the majority of people I know were happy with it. :D I'm not even sure what people want and are expecting anymore.

Agreed. They really, really sucked. Giants laid down, I'm not sure if they even knew they were supposed to be playing that day. Bears thought they could cover Steve Smith with whatever CB was closest to him...shows their arrogance in their D and that cost them 14 points. Colts just sucked and if the refs hadn't blown the INT call they would have lost by a lot more than they did. All in all most the games have sucked so far. I liked the DEN/NE game though. And the last 5 minutes of the Colts/Steelers game. Thats about it.

Agreed - boring.

The only interesting game was Indy/Pittsburgh - and that was more of a comedy of errors at the end than good solid football.

The NFC line-up was just pathetic. Tampa Bay? Chicago? Washington? Please spare me the misery of having to watch these miserable teams in the future.

Not even any real good story lines. If Indy and New England had met, that might have generated some interest given the recent history between the two teams.

Now, the only thing they can think of to generate any interest is "the Bus returns to his home town of Detroit". Puh-leeze. That fat old delapidated thing should have been pulled off the road years ago. I can't believe DMV allowed that thing to pass inspection - it's barely street legal. Sure, it deserves a parking spot in Canton, but please - get off the fu^%ing road! You're blocking traffic!

Like I said before, if it wasn't for Menudo being so annoying, I'd have absolutely no interest in this Superbowl.

This from a Jets fan!  :D  :D  :D

1283154[/snapback]

True. As a Jets fan, however, I have become an expert on bad football. I'm actually eligible to testify in court on such matters. I've seen things at Jets game that would make the average football fan recoil in horror. I've witnessed everything from the ridiculous to the repugnant. I've had to crawl through the excrement and breathe the foul stench that has surrounded this franchise for decades.

So when I tell you that it's difficult to watch teams like Tampa Bay, Washington and Chicago - you know it's true.

I guess I am just different in my viewing of the NFL. To me the absolute best of it would be a well fought 3-0 game. (I know where the Huddle sits on this issue. LOL)

To me there are no boring NFL games. Every game has something to keep me interested.

I will say, though, that over the years there has never been a 'good' game in the SB according to most. If it is low scoring it is boring.... if it is a blow out it is boring... if it is middle scoring for both it is boring.... In fact I can't ever remember a game that the majority of people I know were happy with it. :D I'm not even sure what people want and are expecting anymore.

1283132[/snapback]

I think we're talking about the same thing - competitive games. I'd welcome a 3-0 game as much as a 41-38 game if it was back and forth and hard fought. The game yesterday were not competitive, in my estimation. One team got up big and the other tried to fight back (not very effectively in either case). To me, not very entertaining.

SB has been pretty good recently...Den/GB (although painful), StL/Ten, NE/StL, NE/Car, and NE/Phi were all competitive.

True.  As a Jets fan, however, I have become an expert on bad football.  I'm actually eligible to testify in court on such matters.  I've seen things at Jets game that would make the average football fan recoil in horror.  I've witnessed everything from the ridiculous to the repugnant.  I've had to crawl through the excrement and breathe the foul stench that has surrounded this franchise for decades.

So when I tell you that it's difficult to watch teams like Tampa Bay, Washington and Chicago - you know it's true.

1283171[/snapback]

:D

It wasn't enough to keep me from flipping over to watch Malibu's Most Wanted and Seven.

1283147[/snapback]

Wow....Malibu's Most Wanted? That shows you how bad these games were, because that movie is terrible. Seven is a great movie though, but not when its editted for TV.

True.  As a Jets fan, however, I have become an expert on bad football.  I'm actually eligible to testify in court on such matters.  I've seen things at Jets game that would make the average football fan recoil in horror.  I've witnessed everything from the ridiculous to the repugnant.  I've had to crawl through the excrement and breathe the foul stench that has surrounded this franchise for decades.

1283171[/snapback]

Hey, I'm with you. It hasn't been a bed of roses watching the Bears this past 17 years or so. We get the odd winning season, like 2001, then sink back into the morass of sub-mediocrity we came from. I'm praying this time it's different......

At least it's Football, I still have something to watch.