[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This Should Be Interesting

Menudo

ESPN is running a poll from each team's fans to see who they are rooting for. This should actually be interesting. Here is what they have so far:

Eagles - 50.3% for Seahawks

Cowboys - 56.0% for Seahawks

Redskins - 53.7% for Seahawks

Giants - 53.3% for Seahawks

Packers - 53.1% for Seahawks

Vikiings - 58.3% for Seahawks

Panthers - 54.9% for Seahawks

Saints - 53.6% for Seahawks

Bucs - 54.3% for Seahawks

Falcons - 52.5% for Seahawks

Rams - 70.5% for Seahawks

Seahawks - 80.3% for Seahawks

49'ers - 67.9% for Seahawks

Cardinals - 64.0% for Seahawks

Dolphins - 51.7% for Seahawks

Jaguars - 52.5% for Seahawks

Texans - 50.9% for Seahawks

Chiefs - 50.8% for Seahawks

Raiders - 57.3% for Seahawks

Chargers - 53.2% for Seahawks

Bears - 51.4% for Steelers

Lions - 56.3% for Steelers

Patriots - 54.0% for Steelers

Bills - 52.4% for Steelers

Jets - 55.5% for Steelers

Ravens - 63.3% for Steelers

Bengals - 60.5% for Steelers

Browns - 65.6% for Steelers

Steelers - 79.7% for Steelers

Broncos - 50.9% for Steelers

Colts - 56.0% for Steelers

Titans - 50.5% for Steelers

Biggest surprises were that Ravens, Bengals, & Browns fans are on the Steelers side ????? Why haven't I ever heard from these fans ?

Texans -    50.9% for Seahawks

1284684[/snapback]

:D

Steelers -    79.7% for Steelers

1284684[/snapback]

:D What about the other 20% for each team? :D

ESPN is running a poll from each team's fans to see who they are rooting for.  This should actually be interesting.  Here is what they have so far:

Eagles -    50.3% for Seahawks

Cowboys - 56.0% for Seahawks

Redskins - 53.7% for Seahawks

Giants -    53.3% for Seahawks

Packers -  53.1% for Seahawks

Vikiings -  58.3% for Seahawks

Panthers -  54.9% for Seahawks

Saints -      53.6% for Seahawks

Bucs -        54.3% for Seahawks

Falcons -    52.5% for Seahawks

Rams -      70.5% for Seahawks

49'ers -      67.9% for Seahawks

Cardinals -  64.0% for Seahawks

Dolphins -  51.7% for Seahawks

Jaguars -    52.5% for Seahawks

Texans -    50.9% for Seahawks

Chiefs -      50.8% for Seahawks

Raiders -    57.3% for Seahawks

Chargers -  53.2% for Seahawks

Bears -      51.4% for Steelers

Lions -        56.3% for Steelers

Patriots -    54.0% for Steelers

Bills -        52.4% for Steelers

Jets -        55.5% for Steelers

Ravens -    63.3% for Steelers

Bengals -    60.5% for Steelers

Browns -    65.6% for Steelers

Steelers -    79.7% for Steelers

Broncos -    50.9% for Steelers

Colts -        56.0% for Steelers

Titans -      50.5% for Steelers

Biggest surprises were that Ravens, Bengals, & Browns fans are on the Steelers side ????? Why haven't I ever heard from these fans ?

1284684[/snapback]

That is a little suprising that the div rivals would pull for the Steelers. Perhaps, deep down, there is a level of respect for a division opponent/rival. I suppose one could say it makes all the teams of the division "look better", too, if Pitt wins. Just my $0.02

That is a little suprising that the div rivals would pull for the Steelers. Perhaps, deep down, there is a level of respect for a division opponent/rival. I suppose one could say it makes all the teams of the division "look better", too, if Pitt wins. Just my $0.02

1284693[/snapback]

Look better, and bump them back in the draft one more slot, and give other teams more incentive to raid their coaches and players !?!? Then again, the SB losers have typically tanked the next year...

Oh, you've heard from me :D I am in the 37.7% minority :D

I take it that this is an internet poll? Internet polls are wildly unscientific and shouldnt be taken too seriously.

Edited by Gdawg

With regard to Internet polling, here's all that needs to be said: Only 79.7% of Steeler Fans are pulling for the Steelers. Seems a little low, doesnt it?  :D

1285021[/snapback]

I imagine that Pitt is no different than this area. Lot's of transplants that root for the same team all their lives no matter where they move to.

My kid is a lifelong Pitt fan. He has lived all over the world. Never changed teams. When he lived up here had Seattle/Pitt played in the SB he would have voted for Pitt and not Seattle.

I have often wondered why it is the Huddle way to slam without using any kind of logic at all just for the sake of tearing apart someones thread. This thread was just to show something interesting.... guess that's too much for some people.

I imagine that Pitt is no different than this area. Lot's of transplants that root for the same team all their lives no matter where they move to.

My kid is a lifelong Pitt fan. He has lived all over the world. Never changed teams. When he lived up here had Seattle/Pitt played in the SB he would have voted for Pitt and not Seattle.

I have often wondered why it is the Huddle way to slam without using any kind of logic at all just for the sake of tearing apart someones thread. This thread was just to show something interesting.... guess that's too much for some people.

1285075[/snapback]

No, you are missing the point. Say for example Fan A lives in Seattle, but is a life-long Steeler fan. Would he register as a Seahawk fan because he lives in Seattle? No, he would register as a Steeler fan and cast his vote for the Steelers.

My point is that Internet polling is inaccurate. For example, I could register as a Steeler fan and vote AGAINST the Steelers. ESPN has no way of knowing if I am actually a Steeler fan or not, it simply records my vote.

Internet polling lacks the necessary controls to produce accurate results. The objective of my post wasnt to slam anyone, merely to point out that such polls have no true merit.

By the way, only 80.3 % of Seahawk fans are rooting for the Seahawks. Also seems a little low, dont you think? :D

I'm surprised at the number of fans of AFC teams that are siding with the Seahawks. Typically, fans root along conference lines when it comes to the Superbowl. If you're an AFC fan, you usually pull for the AFC team. But in this case, there seem to be a lot of AFC fans pulling for Seattle.

Maybe it has to do with the recent reallignment and the fact that Seattle used to be in the AFC. I know personally, I still think of Seattle as an AFC team and I have to remind myself that they are in the NFC. (Let's face it - that bitter NFC West rivalry between the Seahawks and Cardinals hasn't really captured the nation's imagination just yet... :D )

The objective of my post wasnt to slam anyone, merely to point out that such polls have no true merit.

1285092[/snapback]

And that IS my point. You only replied to point out something negative about what someone thought was interesting. Had you not had something negative to post I don't think you would have replied to this thread at all. (May be wrong on that but it sure appeared that way.)

Doesn't matter to me about the validity [/b] of the poll.... it was just something that was being done by ESPN and was interesting. I am not concerned with how many people voted how many times. No need to point out that the poll has no merit and is worthless.

Anyone that takes any poll as valid is an idiot. Internet poll or any other kind of poll. A poll says what the pollster wants it to say.

My comments weren't really a personal attack on you.... it was asking why it is the 'Huddle way' to do that kind of thing. There are dozens of users here that can't seem to post anything but negative. Just wondering why.

1285075[/snapback]

You seem a little touchy the last 2 days dude - Gdawg's point is a good one, even before his follow-up post which shows clearly that some logic was involved - if only 80% of a given team's fans are rooting for them in the Super Bowl, I think it's fair to question the entire poll.

EDIT - I wrote this before sky's follow-up post, but I still don't see what your gripe is in this particular instance. This thread is to discuss this poll, and part of discussing the poll is to discuss the validity of it. I do not agree that all polls are worthless, or that anyone who places any trust in any poll is an idiot. I do however agree with several posters above that this particular poll seems questionable.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

You seem a little touchy the last 2 days dude - Gdawg's point is a good one, even before his follow-up post which shows clearly that some logic was involved - if only 80% of a given team's fans are rooting for them in the Super Bowl, I think it's fair to question the entire poll.

1285182[/snapback]

Come on EnD... you know I hate to be called dude. :D

Guess I am just tired of all the negative stuff and personal attacks lately.

I just look at the first post in this thread as some interesting info. I don't take it to heart or believe for a minute that it is accurate and in granite. I guess others look at it as being posted as being a complete and accurate poll presented by ESPN and need to state that it isn't.

EDIT - I wrote this before sky's follow-up post, but I still don't see what your gripe is in this particular instance.  This thread is to discuss this poll, and part of discussing the poll is to discuss the validity of it.  I do not agree that all polls are worthless, or that anyone who places any trust in any poll is an idiot.  I do however agree with several posters above that this particular poll seems questionable.

1285182[/snapback]

Thanks Easy. As I said I wasnt trying to offend anyone...all I did was address the validity of the poll. Not sure why that is deemed being negative :D

LOL Okay... you get a pass.  :D

BTB... anyone have an update on said invalid poll? Late precincts reporting in and so forth?

1285222[/snapback]

good point. there may have been hanging chads that distorted the results.......

Edited by Bier Meister

skylive...i feel your pain..i never used to post on here but always have enjoyed reading the posts and lately all I read is personal attacks on menudo (whose posts I have been reading lately because I like the steelers) and it is starting to tick me off.....thus I decided to put my 2 cents in and say what i think is right.........Sgt ryan is the one who had erked me the most lately (the clown has nuthing intelligent or positive to say and made an idiot of imself lately by going on and on about how denvver would destroy the steelers)... ok...like that happened tough guy......all he does is rip on menudo just for the fun of it....its getting old...anyways.....peace dudes ::D

skylive...i feel your pain..i never used to post on here but always have enjoyed reading the posts and lately all I read is personal attacks on menudo (whose posts I have been reading lately because I like the steelers) and it is starting to tick me off.....thus I decided to put my 2 cents in and say what i think is right.........Sgt ryan is the one who had erked me the most lately (the clown has nuthing intelligent or positive to say and made an idiot of imself lately by going on and on about how denvver would destroy the steelers)...  ok...like that happened tough guy......all he does is rip on menudo just for the fun of it....its getting old...anyways.....peace dudes  ::D

1286474[/snapback]

Fully agree and its weak ...some like toi give shots just for the sake of giving shots rather than posting something with susbtance and or intelligence