[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League trade CJ for TO?

T_bone65

I have been trying to trade with someone in my keeper league and this is what he has come up with. I have offered him

P Manning

C Williams

C Johnson

for

Brees or Eli

LT2

Fitzgerald

This was just to see if he would bite on it. This was also offered after Palmer went down and I am a little concerned about CJ's numbers for next year. He is now offering me this trade

CJ

for

TO

I just know that TO will get picked up by someone and will always have stud like numbers, I just can't stand the guy. Would any of you others make this trade with the players I have to keep, you can keep 3 players as well

P. Manning

Barber

C Williams

Sjax

Chad Johnson

Djax

I kept Manning, Barber and CJ for last season an am leaning that way again.

Opinions???

I would not do the trade. Keep the players you kept last year but I think I would keep Caddy over Barber.
I agree with this. TO is too big of a question mark and CJ will be good no matter who is throwing to him, even though I think Palmer will be fine next year.

I would also think about keeping Caddy over Barber since Barber is getting older. I'm in a similiar situation in my keeper league and right now I'm working on a deal to trade Tiki because even though he might have another good year or two it is only a matter of time before his skills start to diminish. Caddy, on the other hand, is just starting his career and looks promising.

Don't do TO for CJ

1- You don't like TO

2- CJ is younger

I would keep CJ, Caddy and maybe Tiki over Manning depending on your scoring system

1285212[/snapback]

Our scoring system gives you 4 pts per TD pass so I was considering keeping Caddy over Manning.

TO and CJ are both HUGH question marks for next year imo. CJ's meltdown and swinging incident puts him one step closer to being another headcase WR like TO. At this very point, I'd probably prefer CJ, mainly because he's on a roster, but aside from that, he's a HUGH risk.

TO and CJ are both HUGH question marks for next year imo. CJ's meltdown and swinging incident puts him one step closer to being another headcase WR like TO. At this very point, I'd probably prefer CJ, mainly because he's on a roster, but aside from that, he's a HUGH risk.

1285498[/snapback]

Would you consider Fitz over CJ? I am sure he would go for that trade. The reason I am trying to give him Caddy is because he traded me Caddy for Ronnie Brown when he needed a RB and is now kicking himself for it.

Would you consider Fitz over CJ? I am sure he would go for that trade. The reason I am trying to give him Caddy is because he traded me Caddy for Ronnie Brown when he needed a RB and is now kicking himself for it.

1285631[/snapback]

No, not really. Fitz is really still a #2 behind Boldin, they have no running game, and the QB spot is a question mark as well. Any chance of getting Steve Smith?

No, not really. Fitz is really still a #2 behind Boldin, they have no running game, and the QB spot is a question mark as well. Any chance of getting Steve Smith?

1285693[/snapback]

I already tried for him or LJ from the guy that owns both of them, flat out no there. This other guy also has Gates, but I think I will just take mt chances on CJ and keep both Barber and Caddy since QB's only get 4 per TD. I hate not keeping Peyton though.

I do not trade CJ for TO. There are way too many questions surrounding TO.

I'd definitely keep Cadillac over Barber ... and likely CJ over Fitz too.

Manning - Cadillac - Chad Johnson would be my keepers

It would be great to be able to package Barber and DJax for something but I don't see you getting a player that upgrades the keepers you already have.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I do not trade CJ for TO.  There are way too many questions surrounding TO. 

I'd definitely keep Cadillac over Barber ... and likely CJ over Fitz too.

It would be great to be able to package Barber and DJax for something but I don't see you getting a player that upgrades the keepers you already have.

1286977[/snapback]

Interesting take on this Blitz, thanks. No team is letting a RB go that is worth keeping, othen then me if I cut Tiki and keep Manning. I could probably get Gates for Tiki but how do I keep Gates over Manning? I will probably end up with Manning-Caddy-CJ or possibly Barber instead of with Caddy or Manning. Luckily I have some time before I committ but as far as making a trade goes that time is shorter. Thanks again.

1286977[/snapback]

Looks right to me.

I could probably get Gates for Tiki but how do I keep Gates over Manning?

1287096[/snapback]

TE mandatory league? If yes, Gates over Manning is justifiable. If not, it isn't.

I think I'd get and keep Gates since it's TE mandatory.

One scenario would be to keep Gates, Tiki and Cadillac if you can trade Manning or CJ for him. That locks up RB and TE positions from the get-go, especially as the second RB might be hard to come by if CJ or Manning is kept.

I think I'd get and keep Gates since it's TE mandatory.

One scenario would be to keep Gates, Tiki and Cadillac if you can trade Manning or CJ for him.  That locks up RB and TE positions from the get-go, especially as the second RB might be hard to come by if CJ or Manning is kept.

1287254[/snapback]

I like that logic as well, There are a lot of WR's out there other then Holt, Moss, Smith, Owens (possibly), and CJ. I may have to go WR, WR in my first 2 picks but that is ok too. Thanks for the insight Ursa

I like that logic as well, There are a lot of WR's out there other then Holt, Moss, Smith, Owens (possibly), and CJ. I may have to go WR, WR in my first 2 picks but that is ok too. Thanks for the insight Ursa

1287404[/snapback]

Keeping the two RBs would pretty much mandate WR, WR, QB I think. You may get lucky and pick up Hasselbeck or Brady in the 6th. On the other hand, depending on your draft position, perhaps Manning in the 4th if you drop him. :D

If you get even luckier, you could drop CJ and pick him up again. :D

Well, I pulled the trigger on a Manning for Gates trade last night, the Gates owner also has LT2 and wasn't going to keep both guys from the same team. Now my keepers are Caddy, Barber and Gates. If I could package CJ and Stephen Jackson to the Steve Smith owner life would be good, or even Tiki and CJ.....things that make you go hmmmmmmm.....Thanks everyone

Well, I pulled the trigger on a Manning for Gates trade last night, the Gates owner also has LT2 and wasn't going to keep both guys from the same team. Now my keepers are Caddy, Barber and Gates. If I could package CJ and Stephen Jackson to the Steve Smith owner life would be good, or even Tiki and CJ.....things that make you go hmmmmmmm.....Thanks everyone

1289051[/snapback]

:D