[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

moving and not moving ..

junebugz

So there I was ... helping my brother move from Cleveland down to Columbus. He said it was because he was switching jobs, but I am sure it was more like wanting to get farther away from the Browns and Indians.

While the rest of us (my brother, bro-in-law, and dad) are loading up the Uhaul, my nephew (who is a senior in high school and believes he is the second coming of Pele) was trying to hone his soccer skills in any and every way possible.

Well, coming down the ramp of the oft used 14 ft Uhaul truck ... Pele decides that he is going to hone his skills of the art of heading. I would like to take this chance to enlighten those of you who will take this opportunity to insert your own ghey joke here that the art of heading has only to do with a soccer ball and the "cabeza" (for spain) or dome on top of your shoulders.

Pele saw a green vinyl like fabric which most people call an awning. Being slightly experientially challenged and not knowing that most awnings have structures with which they are attached to, he was going to sharpen this heading skill of his. He proceeds to jump off the ramp and hit the center of his forehead (very proper technique) on the awning. To his surprise that green fabric tossed him down like an uneven Huddle fist fight. He landed and hit the back of his dome on the truck ramp and shoulderblade on the ramp as well.

Unaware of the danger that lurked on the other side of the vinyl he could not see the 1 1/2 inch solid metal support that went across the awning and was cemented into the ground. His forehead was split open and you could tell it was not a clean cut but more of a "hit by a blunt object" type of injury. The gouge was so deep you could see tissue and could probably look close to 1/4 of an inch inside his head. To his credit, he did not lose consciousness or suffer a concussion which was pretty amazing. He did manage to get completely leveled and scarred for life by an inanimate awning. He did not bleed a lot, but later took a picture of his new wound and send it to another phone user.

So my friends ... the moral of the story is when moving take a video camera because you never know when someone will be attacked by an awning that will cause some damage in the neighborhood of 10 stitches.

Man I wish we could get the apartment buildings security video :D

that

was

a

great

story.

Thanks for sharing.

It certainly could have ended up worse!!! :D

Glad he only suffered a "flesh" wound!!!! :D

P.S. I think this is why people now have camera phones (video phones are coming out soon).

It certainly could have ended up worse!!! :D

Glad he only suffered a "flesh" wound!!!!  :D

P.S. I think this is why people now have camera phones (video phones are coming out soon).

1286404[/snapback]

How right you are. Once we knew he was gonna be fine we let him know he would be hearing about it for a while. We all do stupid things ... it shoulda been on one of those Vonage commercials