[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the biggest snow job in Super Bowl history

Sgt. Ryan

Squeegie, I was wondering can you honestly say that you feel that your team won the Superbowl?  Look at the poll I put up, granted there might be a few Seahawk fans on there, but almost 60% think the refs gave the game to the Steelers.

1307044[/snapback]

Then 60% of the people are morans.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Caveman is wise.

And Stevens fumbled but the refs said incompletion - don't foget that bad call too.

And Ben played like ass, but Hasslebeck choked big time when the clock was ticking at the end of both halves.

1307034[/snapback]

Actually that call inadvertantly went the Steelers way. The ball would have made it out of bounds before a Steeler got to it, making it a first down for Seattle (Stevens had the first down when he fumbled it.)

I live in Pittsburgh and think the Seahawks got robbed. I'm a homer, but an honest homer. At least 4 calls were blown that all had major impacts. Biggest blunder was the holding call that called back the first and goal. Haggans lunged to the ground after Hasselback so the ref assumed he was pulled down. He obviously didn't see the hold. All in all a terrible game that could have been better if the refs had even got half the calls correct. Now I have to live with obnoxious homer fans who don't realize or care about the quality of the win. Happy for Ward, Bettis, Rooneys, etc. but I'm sure the Seahawks have class acts also who at least deserved a fair shot.

I can understand the cowboy fans not recognizing pushing off when they see it, but what the hell is wrong with the rest of you?

Djax pushed off to gain some seperation from the defender a step before the catch, plain and simple. Could he have made the catch without pushing off? Probably, but he did push the defender away. You can't say he didn't..

1307005[/snapback]

lmao...thanks for the support Billy :D ...I found it mildly amusing that Irvin thought that was indeed a TD in the halftime report...it looked like a push off to me and I thought it was a good call...

And I didn't think the officiating was anywhere near as bad as some are saying. I thought they pretty much let them play...the refs certainly didn't take Alexander out of the game, nor were they the ones triple teaming DJackson, and I didn't see any of the refs catching that killer interception in the 4th quarter for the Steelers...the better team won today, JM2CW.

Bitter fans not being able to accept a loss...  Get over it.  The better team won.  Quit your pissing and moaning.

1307049[/snapback]

Hey dipshucks, do you realize, that 90% of the people in this thread have no ties to Seattle, therefore are not bitter because there team loss, rather upset in a horribly called game. There's nothing to get over, just a crappy game that was handed over before kickoff. The better team very well may have won, but that doesn't discount that fact that is wasn't called fairly.

Did Holmgren even hang around to shake hands with Cowher? I just saw Cowher standing in the middle of the field right after saying "where's Mike?"

1307046[/snapback]

yeah, this was a funny moment......cowher walks to the 35 yd line emblem instead of out to the midfield emblem and then stands there wondering where holmgren is......"hey moron, how about meeting him at midfield....."

:D:D:D:D

Tell me what Roth does well....... I am waiting

1307055[/snapback]

:D Order SI in a few weeks and get the Steelers highlight video and you'll see for yourself.

I'm guessing this is the first game of his you watched, or are mentally-challenged, or both.

Bitter fans not being able to accept a loss...  Get over it.  The better team won.  Quit your pissing and moaning.

1307049[/snapback]

I can guarantee you there aren't that many Seahawk fans around here. I certainly am not but it is a shame that we'll never know who is the better team. Neither team played great but Pittsburgh took advantage of the officiating (not hard to do) and Stevens drops and Brown's missed FG's (though they were long attempts).

lmao...thanks for the support Billy  :D ...I found it mildly amusing that Irvin thought that was indeed a TD in the halftime report...it looked like a push off to me and I thought it was a good call...

1307063[/snapback]

Steve Young also thoght it was BS

Squeegie, I was wondering can you honestly say that you feel that your team won the Superbowl?  Look at the poll I put up, granted there might be a few Seahawk fans on there, but almost 60% think the refs gave the game to the Steelers.

1307044[/snapback]

I'm not Squeegie but I would suspect that you don't mind how any Steeler fan feels in regard to this question.

Yes my team won the Super Bowl. They did what they had to even though they did not play very well at all. Also, btw, the Seahawks did play a pretty good game but they did not do what they had to. I have no trouble calling that push off PI and I'm not saying that he wouldn't have scored but a push off is a push off. I wish they were all good enough refs to call them all when they happen. Roeth TD was at the very worst inconclusive but I for one saw the ball touch the tip of the white line that goes as far up in the air as needed while Ben was still in flight. The call on Hasselbeck for the low block was bad, no doubt about that, but the block in the back that happened at the exact same time was a wash as it wasn't called.

As for the other calls and non calls, is this the first time you guys have watched a football game? I see none calls every game and many calls are subject to where and what the Ref sees on any given play.

GET OVER IT. PITTSBURGH STEELERS are Super Bowl 40 CHAMPIONS!

Remember Troy Aikman? He didnt put up huge numbers... He just won. And the NFL thinks he's a hall of famer... Funny what that winning that can do for you. assclowns. Ben is a stud. Remember, he's still just 23. Give him more time to develop. I think we'll see him continue to mature and become the elite qb.

, and I didn't see any of the refs catching that killer interception in the 4th quarter for the Steelers...the better team won today, JM2CW.

1307063[/snapback]

No, but they put the Steelers in position to make the play with the bogus holding call on the pass to the 1 yard line. Taking the 15 yard penalty on the tackle after the interception was just a ! on the crookedness.

There are a lot of Steeler-haters, though, which makes them Seahawk fans by default.

1307079[/snapback]

:D I'm a Steeler hater. And Matt Hasselbeck went to my High School, and to college with my Sister. He's my boy. And Lofa grew up right near me, maybe only 10 miles away. And of course I was a hugh fan of his dad. And I still don't think the Seahawks deserve to win.

There are a lot of Steeler-haters, though, which makes them Seahawk fans by default.

1307079[/snapback]

100% correct. I'm not a steeler fan, but I can admit that this game was not decided by bad calls. The better team won today folks. No matter how much pissing and moaning you do, it won't change that.