[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the biggest snow job in Super Bowl history

Sgt. Ryan

lmao...thanks for the support Billy  :D ...I found it mildly amusing that Irvin thought that was indeed a TD in the halftime report...it looked like a push off to me and I thought it was a good call...

1307063[/snapback]

It was a "phantom" push-off. I don't think there was any actual contact, or if so, it looked like it was incidental. The receiver did not gain momentum, or separation. He stuck his arm out in an attempt to gain balance to go back the other way for the ball. I can see how the officials may have thought it was a push-off, but a blown call all the same.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:D  I'm a Steeler hater.  And Matt Hasselbeck went to my High School, and to college with my Sister.  He's my boy.  And Lofa grew up right near me, maybe only 10 miles away.  And of course I was a hugh fan of his dad.  And I still don't think the Seahawks deserve to win.

1307088[/snapback]

Yeah, but you're not a moran.

Any guesses on what you're new sig is gonna say? :D

:D  Order SI in a few weeks and get the Steelers highlight video and you'll see for yourself. 

I'm guessing this is the first game of his you watched, or are mentally-challenged, or both.

1307069[/snapback]

Squeegie- You a moron or your F ed on IC beer right now- Either way I could care less. I know quite a bit about football, actually, and I know what I see in Roth- A decent young QB, with room to get better, no doubt. - who is good for being in his 2nd year- but doesn't come close to living up to this hype he has gotten. He throws ducks- his deep ball is awful, he is not very accurate, and his arm strength is over--rated. I happened to watch the SB with 2 of my boys who were both D1 QB's and it was a consenus opinion.

Yeah, but you're not a moran. 

Any guesses on what you're new sig is gonna say?   :D

1307097[/snapback]

Be gentle with me, love. I only go for the rough stuff when women ask.

EDIT: and wait...I'm a moran because I don't think the Seahawks deserve to win? Does that mean you are saying that they do? :D Interesting.....

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Remember Troy Aikman?  He didnt put up huge numbers...  He just won.  And the NFL thinks he's a hall of famer... Funny what that winning that can do for you.  assclowns.  Ben is a stud.  Remember, he's still just 23.  Give him more time to develop.  I think we'll see him continue to mature and become the elite qb.

1307078[/snapback]

Granted, I'm a Cowboy fan, but comparing Ben to Aikman is laughable. Aikman never had a QB rating in the 20's in a Super Bowl. I'm not even sure Aikman is deserving of the HOF, but he was a much better QB than Ben.

Squeegie- You a moron or your F ed on IC beer right now- Either way I could care less. I know quite a bit about football, actually, and I know what I see in Roth- A decent young QB, with room to get better, no doubt. - who is good for being in his 2nd year- but doesn't come close to living up to this hype he has gotten. He throws ducks- his deep ball is awful, he is not very accurate, and his arm strength is over--rated.  I happened to watch the SB with 2 of my boys who were both D1 QB's and it was a consenus opinion.

1307099[/snapback]

I'd suggest you watch a little more than this one game.

by the way, wondering if im the only one who thought it was pretty funny and weak that kelly herndon couldnt even run 95 yds without running out of gas..... :D

1307089[/snapback]

No joke- how did he not take it all the way. An NFl CB?? what is his 40 time? 4.8?

Squeegie- You a moron or your F ed on IC beer right now- Either way I could care less. I know quite a bit about football, actually, and I know what I see in Roth- A decent young QB, with room to get better, no doubt. - who is good for being in his 2nd year- but doesn't come close to living up to this hype he has gotten. He throws ducks- his deep ball is awful, he is not very accurate, and his arm strength is over--rated.  I happened to watch the SB with 2 of my boys who were both D1 QB's and it was a consenus opinion.

1307099[/snapback]

Did you watch any of Ben's game prior to this one?

Do you know he's playing with a bad hand, and his deep ball and accuracy has suffered since then?

As for the IC beer thing - no comment. :D

1307099[/snapback]

its "you're a moron" not "you a moron" Good job though. Roth wins games, and if I remember correctly, Aikman didnt put up stats, but he won games. You're "boys" are just jealous that they're D1 arms couldnt get them to the next level. Bitterness. Tell them that its o.k. to be angry.

Did Holmgren even hang around to shake hands with Cowher? I just saw Cowher standing in the middle of the field right after saying "where's Mike?"

1307046[/snapback]

Cowher came out to the 30 yard line, not midfield, which is even more proof that in todays NFL if you have the refs in your back pocket, even the mentally challenged can win a SB.

Be gentle with me, love.  I only go for the rough stuff when women ask.

EDIT: and wait...I'm a moran because I don't think the Seahawks deserve to win?  Does that mean you are saying that they do?  :D Interesting.....

1307105[/snapback]

Hey doofy - I said you're NOT a moran.

I'm guessing a sig comparing Hines Ward favorable to a guy whose name starts with Jee and ends with Bus would be going too far? :D

:D

I'd suggest you watch a little more than this one game.

1307108[/snapback]

I have watched several of his games. Just like I have watched lots of Manning's games.

In the 2 biggest games I have seen Ben play, the AFC Championship game last year and this Superbowl, he has not looked good.

ZI'm not saying that these performances define the guy, but I think they are noteworthy.

There are a lot of Steeler-haters, though, which makes them Seahawk fans by default.

1307079[/snapback]

I could care less one way or another about the Steelers. What I don't like is the Super Bowl being tarnished like it was by the refs. And, most of us played football, so we know a little bit about it.

Granted, I'm a Cowboy fan, but comparing Ben to Aikman is laughable.  Aikman never had a QB rating in the 20's in a Super Bowl.  I'm not even sure Aikman is deserving of the HOF, but he was a much better QB than Ben.

1307106[/snapback]

Im not saying he's Aikman, but he's in the same mold. He didnt play well tonight, but throughout his career, he's made plays when he's had to. He did tonight as well. Both put up mid level qb numbers as far as yards and td's, and winning.

There are a lot of Steeler-haters, though, which makes them Seahawk fans by default.

1307079[/snapback]

I really don't care for either team. Plain and simple, there were terrible calls throughout the game that could have changed the outcome for both sides. IMHO...Unfortunately, Pitt won't get the respect they deserve because of the officiating.

Congrats to Pitt, a wins a win but the bad calls will tarnish your championship.

My guess is the NFL got exactly what they wanted from the refs on the field :D

1306977[/snapback]

I usually don't think like that, but after seeing the calls that were made in Indy's favor towards the end of the Pitt/Indy game, and then watching the NFL's hype machine build up the whole Bettis thing the way they did, and then seeing the calls made in the Steeler's favor today, it's hard not to let those type of thoughts creep in.

I could care less one way or another about the Steelers.  What I don't like is the Super Bowl being tarnished like it was by the refs.  And, most of us played football, so we know a little bit about it.

1307126[/snapback]

Whatever dude. Sorry my daddy couldn't buy me a spot on a football team.

Hey doofy - I said you're NOT a moran. 

I'm guessing a sig comparing Hines Ward favorable to a guy whose name starts with Jee and ends with Bus would be going too far?  :D

1307122[/snapback]

Well, I guess I just proved you wrong with that whole moran thing then, didn't I :D

You can put whatever you like in there. Your suggestion would be mean, disrespectful and offensive to my religious beliefs. But I expect nothing less from you after allowing you to inform the world of your lust for Tom Brady last year...

its "you're a moron" not "you a moron"  Good job though.  Roth wins games, and if I remember correctly, Aikman didnt put up stats, but he won games.  You're "boys" are just jealous that they're D1 arms couldnt get them to the next level.  Bitterness.  Tell them that its o.k. to be angry.

1307115[/snapback]

Hey Kate Middleton, if you are going to give grammar lessons at least get it right yourself. It's "YOUR boys"....

Edited by Piles

I would bet that the number of Steeler haters is second to only Patriot haters around here.

1307086[/snapback]

This site is full of Menudo haters. I could care less about Pittsburgh. And before that Ugly Tuna made people here love to root against NE. The only teams I really hate are Washington, NY Giants, and Philly. But there is a reason for that, they are also in the NFC East. I could care less about Pittsburgh.