[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S. Alexander says Panthers his #2 choice

Ralph Furley

It's all about the money........I hate when people say that about him or A-Rod.  If I could get a job making two or three times as much money, I would, So does that make me a bad person? The last time I checked, I think the last person that stuck around for veteran minimum was the Bus and he finally got a ring. Loyalty has worked a couple of times in pro sports but until you have lived in there shoes its hard to judge their motivation.  There job is a game they get paid to play...not a bad deal if you can make tons of cash.......Loyalty only works with dogs not in professional sports, dogs die of old age, loyal players get cut when they loose a step.....I'm a blue collar worker and work hard for my money, It's not like this is a rich persons perspective...If the players don't get the money, the owners will.

1323817[/snapback]

Trying to get the most money they can doesn't make them A-holes. Trying to get the most money they can while saying "It isn't about the money" does. Which is what bothered me about A-Rod. When he went to the Rangers, they were about the same as the 97 Mariners. He knew they weren't going to compete, but still said it wasn't about the money, we have a good team here, blah blah blah blah blah.

What bothers me about Alexander is all year long he talks about how the team sacrifices for each other, how important the line is, but come contract time he expects a record deal which to me doesn't acknowledge how much the team was a part of his number.

If he was doing it in Cleveland or Arizona I would say fine give him the record contract, but doing it in Seattle... no. He should be highly paid, but not as highly paid as LT, let alone higher. LT is a younger and more rounded player.

If he was doing it in Cleveland or Arizona I would say fine give him the record contract, but doing it in Seattle... no.  He should be highly paid, but not as highly paid as LT, let alone higher.  LT is a younger and more rounded player.

1323886[/snapback]

well if that's true then the market will bear it out.

did SA ever say he'd stay in seattle for half of what he got offered somewhere else? i doubt it.

well if that's true then the market will bear it out. 

did SA ever say he'd stay in seattle for half of what he got offered somewhere else?  i doubt it.

1323899[/snapback]

Nope, he has pretty much said he will go to the money. Have to respect him a little for that, but see my last post for the problem I have with Alexander (one of the many, the fact that he doesn't give 100% unless the goal line is envolved is another.)

What bothers me about Alexander is all year long he talks about how the team sacrifices for each other, how important the line is, but come contract time he expects a record deal which to me doesn't acknowledge how much the team was a part of his number.

1323886[/snapback]

I dunno, to me it seems to be much ado about nothing. He is simply marketing himself to get the best contract he can, which doesn't offend me in the least.

It seems to me that he has been saying all along that he wanted to be treated fairly, not necessarily that he wants a record contract. I will reserve judgement until I see what he actually does when the offers start flying.

I dunno, to me it seems to be much ado about nothing. He is simply marketing himself to get the best contract he can, which doesn't offend me in the least.

It seems to me that he has been saying all along that he wanted to be treated fairly, not necessarily that he wants a record contract. I will reserve judgement until I see what he actually does when the offers start flying.

1323974[/snapback]

You may be correct, but ther are other things about him that have me thinking otherwise. That he has big games on national stage games (Monday and Sunday night) and how he has another gear for the goal line. To me a person making millions a year t do his job should give 100% all the time. It seams obvious to me that he doesn't.

Another thing that digs at me is something he said last year. Something to the effect of "God will tell me what to do." To me this is just a set up for him to be able to not take responsibility for his choices because God told him to do it.

He has already said there will be no hometown discount.  Which to me says he doesn't really understand that Seattle has done as much for him as he has done for Seattle.

1321131[/snapback]

The dude played last season under a one-year/franchise player contract. He carred the ball 370 times and was the league MVP. He held up his end big time, IMO. A player of Alexander's stature shouldn't have to deal with the franchise tag, the fact that he accepted it, on condition he get taken care of this year, is admirable and deserving of the kind of contract he wants.

The Seahawks have the cap room to get this done.

The dude played last season under a one-year/franchise player contract. He carred the ball 370 times and was the league MVP. He held up his end big time, IMO. A player of Alexander's stature shouldn't have to deal with the franchise tag, the fact that he accepted it, on condition he get taken care of this year, is admirable and deserving of the kind of contract he wants.

The Seahawks have the cap room to get this done.

1324168[/snapback]

Mr. Steiner?