[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2006 Bassmaster Classic...

ABearWithFurniture

Yes ...

1341728[/snapback]

Is this where the clip came from of the doofus who threw a snit on his boat and was DQ'd for poor sportsmanship -- and then said in the interview, "I'm an emotional guy. That's how I act. That's how I fish."

"That's how I fish"? :D

Man, you know there are toooooo many channels and toooooo much money being made in the entertainment industry when this drivel leaks into the national media! :D

This is the SuperBowl of Bass fishing Squeeg, with $500K to the winner and several million more in endorsements...plus, it's on a Florida lake with spawning conditions...that means some huge bass...

1342687[/snapback]

Yeah. But it's fishing. I just don't see that as an exciting spectator sport. :D

Yeah.  But it's fishing.  I just don't see that as an exciting spectator sport.  :D

1342914[/snapback]

Well, anytime you want to come take a ride at 70 miles per hour across the California delta and fish for monsters, just let me know...I'll even rig up some lures for you. :D

Yeah.  But it's fishing.  I just don't see that as an exciting spectator sport.  :D

1342914[/snapback]

Well, anytime you want to come take a ride at 70 miles per hour across the California delta and fish for monsters, just let me know...I'll even rig up some lures for you.  :D

1343007[/snapback]

Not to be tooo much of a bass about this, but then Squeegiebo would actually be fishing ... not spectating while others fish. :D

To prove the point of bass fishing as an exciting spectator activity, you'd need to invite her down, set her up standing on a dock or a shore somewhere, then drive your boat around at 70 miles an hour, park in front of her, and fish. She'd watch -- could hear your chatter, maybe see you kick safety equipment like Mr.ImanemotionalguythatshowIfish, and reel in some decent fish. Then, if Squeegiebo got all sweaty and excited and hooting and hollering, that might prove how exciting a spectator activity fishing is ... :D

Bingo.  It's not the enjoyment of the fishing I question, it's the enjoyment of the spectating of the fishing.

1343467[/snapback]

Well, a lot of people take their own boats out and follow key individuals...various pros like Kevin VanDam or Mike Iaconelli usually have about 20-30 spectator boats following them at any given time in a tournament.

It's roughly the equivalent of someone following Tiger Woods around for 18 holes watching him golf...