Sign in to follow this  
kpholmes

Skins release Arrington

Arrington gets the boot.

Much needed cap space for Washington..

Reported by KFFL-

Gary Fitzgerald, of Redskins.com, reports Washington Redskins LB LaVar Arrington has reached an agreement with the team, with the assistance of his agents Carl and Kevin Poston, to become a free agent and provide the Redskins with much-needed salary cap relief.

you need to change the title to "Lavar Arrington paid the Skins 4 million dollars to release him"

one has to think lavar had a tarot card reading of the redskins future and didnt like what he saw.

Help me understand this move. Why would Lavar pay them to release him? Weren't the Skins going to release him anyways since he was due a $6.5M roster bonus?

Help me understand this move.  Why would Lavar pay them to release him?  Weren't the Skins going to release him anyways since he was due a $6.5M roster bonus?

1353603[/snapback]

I believe the bonus is not due until June or July, so this way he can get out there before all the free agent dollars dry up ... assuming they aren't still negotiating the CBA at that point.

I believe the bonus is not due until June or July, so this way he can get out there before all the free agent dollars dry up ... assuming they aren't still negotiating the CBA at that point.

1353685[/snapback]

THat was my thought also. He knew that he was no in good standing with the coaching staff and his contract was too prohibitive for the 'Skins to keep him. So why not get out early and see what the market is willing to pay before teams have used up all their money.

I hope the Rams sign him and spend some money to improve their aweful defense.

wouldn't mind seeing him in Titletown!

Minnesota has the most $ and has identified LB as a priority. :D