[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2006 NFL Mock #1 - Draft Board

Outshined

The Giants Select Ernie Simms, LB, Florida St.

1364810[/snapback]

That could make that defense scary for yrs to come. Strahan, Osi rushing the passer, Sims, Pierce and G Wilson killing the RB and TE. The only glaring hole is still CB even after the Madison signing, unless Clancy is missed inside and Pierce and Sims have OL on them vs the run.

That could make that defense scary for yrs to come.  Strahan, Osi rushing the passer, Sims, Pierce  and G Wilson killing the RB and TE.  The only glaring hole is still CB even after the Madison signing, unless Clancy is missed inside and Pierce and Sims have OL on them vs the run.

1365646[/snapback]

i'm hoping antonio cromartie lasts til them in the 2nd because of the injury concerns.

I wanted to go LB or TE for the Jags and was hoping for Sims or Pope, but since the value isn't there anymore I think they get their future runningback in Laurence Maroney. Taylor is pretty much done and Jones and Toefield aren't everydown backs. Also thought about DE Kiwanuka here too.

Even with his knee, I can't see him lasting long if he slips to the second round. I have him 4th behind Huff, Williams, and Hill.

1366009[/snapback]

Cromartie is a big time stud. It pains me that he is leaving early. Before his injury he was dominant in spring practice and there was quite the buzz about his upcoming year. Shame he got hurt I really think he would be considered one of the top 2 two corners in the country. Not to mention what it would have meant for the Nole's defense last year.

With the 29th pick in the 2006 NFL draft. The Denver Broncos select.....

Mathias Kiwanuka DE, Boston College

(Saw this guy play a little this year in the ACC. He has a major motor and never quits. Good speed as well. Just needs to develop some moves and put on about another 10 lbs. or so.)

Edited by NAUgrad

:D I AM NOT HAPPY WITH JACKSONVILLE TAKING MARONEY!

Since I don't think any of the remaining backs are first rounders, I could see the Colts trading down. But if they stay here, they take LB Thomas Howard UTEP to replace strong side backer David Thornton.

let's just wrap this one the funk up....it doesn't count to me because the whole outlook has been changed for almost half the teams...

1370592[/snapback]

I was just going to post the same thing - let this thread float to the second page.