[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

got arrested tonight.

Piranha

Had a couple of beers with lunch, Dude (late 20's) hit me 4 hours later on my

way home from work, totals my quarter pannel, I go through the whole 9 yards,

get a DWI. :D

I'm pissed

:D

However, cops, and papers, say it's still his fault.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of beers four hours before the accident and they still got you DWI? Come on, man, you're among friends here. No reason to stick with that line. What did you blow anyway?

A couple of beers four hours before the accident and they still got you DWI? Come on, man, you're among friends here. No reason to stick with that line. What did you blow anyway?

1358605[/snapback]

legal limit in NY is .08.

Ok, maybe more than a couple, but still, HE hit ME!!!!!!!

1358605[/snapback]

He must be a total lightweight. A couple of beers on Dave or I have about a 20 minute half life. :D

For real though, that totally sucks! Don't eff around. Get a lawyer and try to beat the DWI. IMO

That does suck. But...a .12 after you were drinking four hours prior? Dude, I gotta party with you! :D:D I gotta agree with BFD, you are among friends here!

Anyway, I've been lucky way too many times and told myself that I really need to watch it nowadays. I have a taxi number in my cell phone for that very purpose.

Hope it all works out for you.

a 0.12 four hours after drinking.... dude, that has to be 10 beers we're talking about! If I have to drive, my limit is two beers. Yeah, I got a DWI about 20 years ago, and never will get another one. I could have six easy, and still be a safer driver than most people on the road, but I know a guy.... he was sitting at a light, waiting to make a left hand turn. This woman hit him, she died, he went to jail anyway. It's just how it works these days.

I used to drink and drive all the time (stupid :D ) until my ex showed me a bunch of dui crime scene pics. (She works for the police) Straightened me right up! :D

It's just not worth it with all of the fines and repercussions. I think I would rather be the guy on the slab than the guy who drove drunk and killed someone. I don't know if I could deal with that guilt...besides spending a good chunk of my life in an a** pounding prison cell. :D:D

Now I just come home, drink and post incoherent shiat on internet forums! :D

No reason to fight it. he already chose to blow, he has already lost. if you plan on fighting it you refuse the blow test.

1358846[/snapback]

Thats not accurate. You can blow over the limit yet still get off due to a technicality with police procedures.

Had a couple of beers with lunch, Dude (late 20's) hit me 4 hours later on my

way home from work, totals my quarter pannel, I go through the whole 9 yards,

get a DWI.  :D

I'm pissed 

:D

However, cops, and papers, say it's still his fault.

1358601[/snapback]

I think this story gives the impression he went back to work after lunch. It must've just been to pick up his coat. :D

Sorry to hear about the DWI, Piranha. Those suck.

Anyway, I've been lucky way too many times and told myself that I really need to watch it nowadays.  I have a taxi number in my cell phone for that very purpose.

Hope it all works out for you.

1358730[/snapback]

I agree...

Fight that sumbitch though...ya shouldn't have blown IMO.

New York is pretty lenient with DUI's. You can get a conditional license which allows you to drive to and from work, grocery shopping once a week, etc. Since you didn't blow real high, the accident wasn't your fault, and you weren't beligerent, you should be in the best possible scenario, which is 6 months license suspension, but as mentioned, you'll get a conditional license.

Don't try and beat it, you'll lose. You're only chance is if they did something procedurally wrong, or if the meter hasn't been calibrated as scheduled, both of which are long shots.