[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And the winner of Super Bowl XXXIX

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's just remember what we're looking at trend wise - for the past several years the Super Bowl has most often featured one of each of these: a).500-ish and missed the playoffs (perhaps by a sliver); and b)previously wretched team that had a miraculous turnaround. Usually at least one of them had a coach in his 2nd or 3rd year.

So first off, we eliminate all playoff teams from the previous year - that gets rid of Pats, Chiefs, Colts, Titans, Broncos, Ravens, Eagles, Panthers, Packers, Seahwaks, Rams, and Cowboys.

Also eliminate teams with new head coaches - Washington (hey, first year of Gibbs' new program counts), Giants, Bears, Falcons, Cardinals, Raiders, and...umm, the Bills got a new coach, right?

So that leaves a pool of: Minnesota, Detroit, Saints, Tampa, 49ers, Jets, Bengals, Steelers, Browns, Jags, Texans, and Chargers.

Pointing out that all but NE's repeat win were by teams that had NEVER won a SB before, we cull Tampa, 49ers, Jets, and Steelers off the list.

So out of Minn, Det, and the Saints in the NFC and the Bengals, Browns, Jags, Texans, and Chargers, I'll go with Cincinatti over Detroit.

moneymakers

Detroit over the jags

bengals wont make playoffs

Detroit and Jags are no guarantee either...I just figure it's more fun than picking "Pats over Eagles" like just about every other person will.

The NFC South is the toughest division in the NFL. The Super Bowl runner up/loser will emerge out of that division....in the form of the Saints.

The SB will be played in Florida this year, and the winner will be the same team that won the SB the last time it was played in Florida....the Ravens.

Ravens over Saints.

NFC: Green Bay, as long as Mike Sherman doesn't louse up the playcalling again like he did in the playoff loss to the Eagles. The Packers desperately want one more Super Bowl with Brett Favre, and I've already predicted they'll get it either this season or next. So, it might as well be this season. :D

AFC: New England. The Pats haven't lost any pieces of the puzzle since winning Super Bowl XXXVIII, and now they finally have a true feature back in Corey Dillon. I don't see anyone knocking them off their perch, not even the Pack.

Super Bowl XXXIX: New England avenges their Super Bowl XXXI loss to Green Bay, 27-13.

AFC Playoff teams: Colts, Ravens, Chiefs, Jets with Pats and Texans as the wild cards. Dolphins and Broncos just miss.

NFC Playoffs: Cowboys, Saints, Vikings, Rams with Bucs and Packers as Wild Cards. Seahawks and Panthers just miss.

SB: Colts over Dallas.

Chavez:

moneymakers

Detroit over the jags

bengals wont make playoffs

Detroit and Jags are no guarantee either...I just figure it's more fun than picking "Pats over Eagles" like just about every other person will.
computer MM is a blind-ass Cowboys and Lions homer