[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parting shot at Daunte

MikesVikes

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks to all the 'Queens fans who are making a mountain out of a molehill, just like real life drama queens. CPep might have been a biiatch this season but his stats are impressive and speak for themselves.

Considering the Phins spent a 2nd rounder 2 years ago to get AJ Feely, and this one nets them CPep I'd say they got the better of the deal, but it was clear that CPep needed to go.

"parting shot?" Classy! :unsure::D:woot:

:D:huh::lol::):D

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Thanks to all the 'Queens fans who are making a mountain out of a molehill, just like real life drama queens. CPep might have been a biiatch this season but his stats are impressive and speak for themselves.

Considering the Phins spent a 2nd rounder 2 years ago to get AJ Feely, and this one nets them CPep I'd say they got the better of the deal, but it was clear that CPep needed to go.

"parting shot?" Classy! :unsure:  :D  :woot:

:D  :huh:  :lol:  :)  :D

1371002[/snapback]

moran

More power to the Phins, I hope Daunte regains his form for them...they made a good trade...

It just wasn't going to work out here after this offseason of Daunte acting like T.O.

Edited by alexgaddis

Matt Roth was mentioned earlier as the dolphins 2nd round pick last yr...Matt is gonna have a long and productive PRO BOWL type career for the phins

1370994[/snapback]

I hope so. He wasn't my favorate of Saban's picks last year. Apparently he has really short arms and that's not a good thing for an end.

Matt Roth was mentioned earlier as the dolphins 2nd round pick last yr...Matt is gonna have a long and productive PRO BOWL type career for the phins

1370994[/snapback]

I like Roth and think he'll improve this year and next. I was just making the point that I would trade Matt Roth for Daunte Culpepper any day of the week.

Agreed. And keep in mind that the diamond pepper wearing QB with a mangled knee and freakishly small hands couldnt hang on to the ball playing most of his games inside the Ghettrodome where it was atleast warm and dry. Put him out in Miami weather and what is going to happen? Surely, home games at the beginning of the season will be hot, humid, and potentially rainy. Then you got some nice AFC East stadiums to visit in Nov and Dec. I hear Buffalo is a fun place to play QB when it is cold, snowy, and the wind is howling.

Good luck, C-Pep! Miss ya like a chapped ass.  :D

1370177[/snapback]

Miami is hardly ever warm and dry and playing in Chicago or Green Bay in Nov and Dec is like playing in Texas :D

Everybody brings up the fumbling. He has fumbled 33 times in his career. An average of once every 3 games. That is the same amount of times Mcnabb has fumbled in his career. I will not even get into his career completion percantage (which is better than current HOF's), or his per game TD avg (also better than some current HOF's).

1370334[/snapback]

Those are fumbles while rushing (over the line of scrimage. I think he lost over 20 one year). He has way more than 33.

lol....this is ridiculous.

The phins give away a 2nd rounder for Cpep, thats basically nothing for a player of Cpeps caliber.

Cpep will thrive this season under Saban, Cpep and Chambers will go off this season.

I mean come on Gus led us to a 9-7 season last year, now we have a top 5 qb imo when healthy, things are looking good for next year! :D

lol....this is ridiculous.

The phins give away a 2nd rounder for Cpep, thats basically nothing for a player of Cpeps caliber.

Cpep will thrive this season under Saban, Cpep and Chambers will go off this season.

I mean come on Gus led us to a 9-7 season last year, now we have a top 5 qb imo when healthy, things are looking good for next year! :D

1371101[/snapback]

This Season? The dude's knee was shredded, he may be back this season, but from early reports in Minny, wouldn't be until Thanksgiving or so.

A second round pick for a QB who might never play again. You are basically looking at a long shot.

If he can comeback from the injury great. I wish nothing but the best for the guy. Really i hope he does make it back becuase he is fun to watch. Reguardless of what team he is playing for.

A second round pick for a QB who might never play again.  You are basically looking at a long shot. 

If he can comeback from the injury great.  I wish nothing but the best for the guy.  Really i hope he does make it back becuase he is fun to watch.  Reguardless of what team he is playing for.

1371138[/snapback]

I hope he comes back to so I can laugh at you :D

he is an nfl football player...not a priest

but i get your point

1370204[/snapback]

Just remember that the Vikings were 1-3 or 1-4 at the time of the boat party. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the publicity wouldn't be very good for the team to appear that they don't care about the season. I'd give him a pass if he could own up to this monkey business part deux.

Why not say good bye and wish him well? I'll bet if Tice and Red hadn't been the braintrust over there he would have had a better end.

1370241[/snapback]

I do wish him well and for a full recovery and productive career. That said, everything I wrote above still stands.

Since we're resurrecting 70's slurs I got one for all you Minnesota Viking fans . . .

"Ya big dummies"

- Redd Foxx

Seems most Viking fans on this board are glad to be rid of him. From my standpoint as a Dolphin fan this is a no brainer of a trade. Tremendous upsdie if his knee gets healthy again.

One point I would like to make is that Daunte thrived under Linehan. Miami will still have Linhan's Offense in 2006 eventhough Linhans not there anymore.

Miami now has Mularkey who made Kordell Stewart & Tommy Maddoxx look very good. I'm excited what he can do with CPepp.

Saban and the coaching staff he's put together is much better than Tice and the band of stooges he assembled in Minnesota.

1370978[/snapback]

Clearly if there was a winner in all of this trading of Daunte, the winner is Daunte. He's playing for the team of his choice. I have no doubt that he will return to form.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

"parting shot?" Classy! :unsure:  :D  :woot:

:D  :huh:  :lol:  :)  :D

1371002[/snapback]

I never wished that we had McNown instead of Daunte. I'll give you that one. :woot:

sore loser drama-queens....

1371328[/snapback]

W_T_F? Just because we're not crying in our beer because the QB who made a lot of mistakes and didn't win a Super Bowl is leaving? He was good, exciting, and had good stats. What do you want us to say? I think pretty much everyone here liked Daunte, but there were a lot of negatives to his game. He also conducted himself in such a manner over the last year that makes his leaving a lot easier to swallow. How is that being a drama queen? Unless you've never watched a Vikes game and/or didn't follow his behavior since the boat incident, even someone who rides the Shortbus would understand why many fans aren't too bent out of shape.

W_T_F? Just because we're not crying in our beer because the QB who made a lot of mistakes and didn't win a Super Bowl is leaving? He was good, exciting, and had good stats. What do you want us to say? I think pretty much everyone here liked Daunte, but there were a lot of negatives to his game. He also conducted himself in such a manner over the last year that makes his leaving a lot easier to swallow. How is that being a drama queen? Unless you've never watched a Vikes game and/or didn't follow his behavior since the boat incident, even someone who rides the Shortbus would understand why many fans aren't too bent out of shape.

1371368[/snapback]

I think you have your answer

1371368[/snapback]

Hugh, your posts including this one lack the celebratory feel of dissing someone who definitely contributed to your team mightily over the past few seasons. Mikesvikes and others here are jumping for joy over his departure is one thing, but actually ignoring his accomplishments is another thing entirely, which is what I'm busting on.

He certainly appeared to be your answer skill-wise in 2004. What made him meltdown in 2005? We really won't know, but his contributions from his rookie year through 2004 are substantial and should be ignored in the glee of his departure. YOU aren't doing it, but those vike fans that are are being :D 's.

Now your offseason is spent looking for another QB and psyching up for purple pants. Have fun!

Hugh, your posts including this one lack the celebratory feel of dissing someone who definitely contributed to your team mightily over the past few seasons. Mikesvikes and others here are jumping for joy over his departure is one thing, but actually ignoring his accomplishments is another thing entirely, which is what I'm busting on.

He certainly appeared to be your answer skill-wise in 2004. What made him meltdown in 2005?  We really won't know, but his contributions from his rookie year through 2004 are substantial and should be ignored in the glee of his departure. YOU aren't doing it, but those vike fans that are are being  :D 's.

Now your offseason is spent looking for another QB and psyching up for purple pants. Have fun!

1371404[/snapback]

PF. I see both sides. I liked Daunte, I really did, but when I really thought about it, it was easy to let him go. Mainly because of the mistakes he made over his career. Untimely fumbles and INT's, poor judgement, etc. And when your most recent memory is 6 TD's, 12 INT's and 3 lost fumbles, the better years when he posted good numbers but didn't win a Super Bowl (and I don't entirely blame CPep, not at all, but I watched him flounder around in big games when the game was on the line), are easier to forget. Especially since the better years were good fantasy stats and not Championships.

Would I rather have Cpep than Brad Johnson. Of course. I would also rather have had Brees than CPep, but I guess they missed that boat. So, yes, unfortunately it seems we'll be looking for a new QB, hopefully via the draft imo. But Cpep made his bed here in Minnesota, and he was the one that no longer wanted to be here, so, that leaves me to say good riddance.

And with Brad Johnson we'll probably still have the best QB in the NFC Norris. :D