Sign in to follow this  
Duchess Jack

Business Cards

Does anybody have a good place online to get business cards.

The logo/design we are using is around 4 colors.

I looked, but there is 1,001 companies doing this, so I thought I would see if anybody had good experiences with the online printers.

There is also a chance that we might put an agent's picture on the card.

Guest Cherni

I looked, but there is 1,001 companies doing this, so I thought I would see if anybody had good experiences with the online printers.

1370622[/snapback]

Staples business services is pretty good. Inexpensive, a ton of different templates you can work with and it's very quick.

NSAB does own a printing store

I have used vistaprint in the past and their price and product was good imo

a friend of mine just gave me a postcard of his decorative painting work (basically the size od two postcard folded in two, with info on all 4 sides including 2 photographs). Realr crisp printing, very pro looking, and the photo quality was very good.

Real cheap IMHO. I think the site is modernpostcard.com.

I went to the site once and turna round time was amazingly short. prices very good.

1370622[/snapback]

I've used Overnight prints several times. Good prices and quality. I would recommend taking a look at their site. If you are particular with logo placement, you may have to check their guidelines with your logo though.

NSAB does own a printing store

I have used vistaprint in the past and their price and product was good imo

1370645[/snapback]

I just used VistaPrint for a postcard printing...overall a good experience and I would use them again.

You'll probably find cheaper prices if you use an online printer but you'll be limited on stock selection and overall control of your piece. The reason that the prices are so cheap with these online companies are because they gang the jobs all together on a very large printing press. The stock is usually a standard 10pt C1S (coated one side). It's not bad but IMO it tends to look cheap, but then again, your looking to do this in the most cost effective way. If you're looking for a more impressive product, I would suggest contacting a local printer and he'll be able to show you much nicer paper samples and other techniques that will set your company apart.

FWIW, one of my subsidiaries that I own is a commercial printing company. People come to us all of the time and show us these prices and ask us to compete. I can't, but then again, I don't want to. It's not worth the aggrevation when your margins on business cards are extremely low to begin with.

Edited by twiley

1370622[/snapback]

Now, when you say around 4 colors, keep in mind, this will effect your price.

You're better off doing them in 4C process and using one of those online stores.

Edited by twiley

at vistaprint you pay to upload your own images(nominal fee for the upload ONCE ONLY)

I used one of their layouts but then deleted it all and just created my own design from scratch

For 20 lots 4 color on #100 gloss cover, it would run you about $12.50 per name 1000 each name.

For 20 lots 4 color on #100 gloss cover, it would run you about $12.50 per name 1000 each name.

1371627[/snapback]

That is some serious printer lingo. For the layman does that mean, 20,000 cards in lots of 1000 of 4 color, #100 gloss cover are $12.50 per 1000? :D

That is some serious printer lingo.  For the layman does that mean, 20,000 cards in lots of 1000 of 4 color, #100 gloss cover are $12.50 per 1000? :D

1371633[/snapback]

A darn good price is what it is. You charge flat rate for shipping or actuals? What about handling?

Also I assume you can handle Illustrator files for PC? I have 10, but can save as a lesser version...

That is some serious printer lingo.  For the layman does that mean, 20,000 cards in lots of 1000 of 4 color, #100 gloss cover are $12.50 per 1000? :D

1371633[/snapback]

No, he means 20 names, 1M min, full color, 100# gloss cover weight probably coated 1 side.

Not a bad price. I know how he'd run these. :D

Edited by twiley

A darn good price is what it is. You charge flat rate for shipping or actuals? What about handling?

Also I assume you can handle Illustrator files for PC? I have 10, but can save as a lesser version...

1371638[/snapback]

That is just a flat Huddler rate for printing, yes Illustrator is fine. All cards need an 1/8" bleed, convert all type to outlines save at 300 DPI in c,y,m,k format.

1371638[/snapback]

I'd need only 5,000 in lots of 1,000, 2 color (white paper, black and blue ink, raised?)

NSAB? You getting all of this? My local printer screwed up 5,000 laser checks and I'm pissed enough to take the business away. They don't show properly in a #10 standard window envelope!!!

I'd need only 5,000 in lots of 1,000, 2 color (white paper, black and blue ink, raised?)

NSAB?  You getting all of this?  My local printer screwed up 5,000 laser checks and I'm pissed enough to take the business away.  They don't show properly in a #10 standard window envelope!!!

1371646[/snapback]

Thermography ink is considerably cheaper than offset.

No, he means 20 names, 1,000 min, full color, 100# gloss cover weight probably coated 1 side.

Not a bad price. I know how he'd run these.  :D

1371642[/snapback]

Yep I'll run 20 names on 12.5x19 inch sheets, run a 1000 sheets and cut to 2x3.5.

Hey NSab...can you do a Vette logo on a garage floor? :D

Hey NSab...can you do a Vette logo on a garage floor?  :D

1371650[/snapback]

I would suggest outdoor vinyl.

No, he means 20 names, 1M min, full color, 100# gloss cover weight probably coated 1 side.

Not a bad price. I know how he'd run these.  :D

1371642[/snapback]

I knew that and was just testing you :D

NSAB?  You getting all of this?  My local printer screwed up 5,000 laser checks and I'm pissed enough to take the business away.  They don't show properly in a #10 standard window envelope!!!

1371646[/snapback]

That sucks, there are alot of dopes in this biz. Twiley is correct, thermography for the 2 color cards is the way to go.

Yep I'll run 20 names on 12.5x19 inch sheets, run a 1000 sheets and cut to 2x3.5.

1371649[/snapback]

Exactly.

You might want to clarify to people that these prices will go up or down based on the number of names they provide. :D

I would suggest outdoor vinyl.

1371652[/snapback]

That's what I mean...I saw a Ferrari logo on a garage floor at the home show a couple of weeks ago and it was :cool:.