[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bracket Busters

Gdawg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know if there's any "Giant" killers, but i think Tenn is way over-rated and will certainly go down early.

G-Wash may be upset in the opener

I like Iowa's chances to get to the elite 8

Bucknell could move past Ark. and then upset a very average Memphis team.

Mich. St could get to the elite 8 as a 6th seed, with a week Tenn as the 2 in that region, but UNC will have something to say about that.

The way BC finished the season, and their familarity with the Big East in a possible match up with Villinova, could have them in the final four.

I'm not sold on my Buckeyes and if they're not hitting from the perimeter, Davidson could beat them and G'Town playing solid D, could spell the end of the road.

Tennessee and Memphis dont do much for me either, I can see them both making an early exit. I even give Winthrop an outside shot of taking down the Volunteers :D

Bucknell is a VERY interesting team, they could make life miserable for Arkansas.

Northern Iowa could be another team to watch :D

BC is too front court heavt, and doesn't have the guards necessary to go deep into the tournament. I'd use caution when dealing with a team that busted ass to get a good seed, and now is prone to possibly be let down.

I think TX is another weak #2 seed. They NEVER do well come tourney time, which can be good for Cal and Iowa.

BC is too front court heavt, and doesn't have the guards necessary to go deep into the tournament. I'd use caution when dealing with a team that busted ass to get a good seed, and now is prone to possibly be let down.

I think TX is another weak #2 seed. They NEVER do well come tourney time, which can be good for Cal and Iowa.

1371070[/snapback]

surprising to hear that about Texas. ESPN analyst are projecting them in the final four on about every bracket their experts show.

I disagree with BC, i feel they have the depth to get it done, and wouldn't be a surprise to see them in the final four. But really, what do i know? I had to enter fill out 25 brackets sheets in 10 different contest , just in hopes to get a top 3 finish on any of them :D

Texas has been so up and down this season, you never know what you're going to get from them game-to-game. They COULD go to the Final Four, but they could just as easily not make it out of the Sweet Sixteen. One of the most difficult teams to project, IMHO.

I like San Diego State over Indiana, A&M over 'Cuse, Utah State over Washington, and Winthrop to beat Tennessee :D

Second round, I think Arkansas knocks off Memphis, West Virginia over Iowa, and Mich State over UNC.

LSU over Duke in the Sweet Sixteen.

Good luck in all the pools.

Do not be surprised to see Seton Hall in the Sweet 16 with wins over Wichita St. and Tennessee. Never know which team will show up... the one with road wins over NC St, Pitt, and 'Cuse, or losses to St. Johns, Depaul, and Rutgers.

Do not be surprised to see Seton Hall in the Sweet 16 with wins over Wichita St. and Tennessee.  Never know which team will show up... the one with road wins over NC St, Pitt, and 'Cuse, or losses to St. Johns, Depaul, and Rutgers.

1371398[/snapback]

Totally agree, Seton hall is another Jekyl & Hyde team. I have them going out in the first round in some of my brackets, the Sweet Sixteen in others :D

I have Pittsburgh coming out of what I consider 1 of the worst brackets in NCAA history to make the final four. IMO every other bracket has at least 3 teams that is better than the best in the Oakland brackets.

1371419[/snapback]

Totally disagree with ya Doc- what else is new :D

3 teams in every other bracket better than the best of OAK- who exactly?

Have u watched Memphis, UCLA, GU, KU much??

Besides UConn- the higher seeds in DC are BRUTAL - UConn has clear path to the final 4.

Oakland weak? how exactly?

1-5 Oakland is extremely STRONG- everyone is hating on Memphis- but they are legit- taking the #1 seeds out of the equation

looking at seeds 2-5- Oakland is LOADED

UCLA, Gonz, KU, Pitt- can make cases for them all making a deep run- anyone playing better than KU or UCLA?

Tenn, UNC, Ill, UW- much much weaker group- not even close

Texas, Iowa, LSU, Syr- not bad- still take Oak over them

OSU, FLa, BC, Nevada- ehhh, only fla, BC have good shot at going deep

Upsets I like-

Texas A&M over jekyll/hyde Cuse is my 5 over 12 pick

best shot at a MAJOR upset is Winthrop over UT -

Love Wisky over my shat the bed UA team- garbage

teams going deep- Regioanl Finals IMO

Atlanta- Duke, UT

Oakland- UCLA, Kansas

Wash DC- UConn, MSU

Minn- BC, FLa -

Final Four - UT, UCLA, UConn, BC

Uconn over UCLA

Totally disagree with ya Doc- what else is new  :D

3 teams in every other bracket better than the best of OAK- who exactly?

Have u watched Memphis, UCLA, GU, KU much??

Besides UConn- the higher seeds in DC are BRUTAL - UConn has clear path to the final 4.

Oakland weak? how exactly?

1-5 Oakland is extremely STRONG- everyone is hating on Memphis- but they are legit- taking the #1 seeds out of the equation

looking at seeds 2-5- Oakland is LOADED

UCLA, Gonz, KU, Pitt- can make cases for them all making a deep run- anyone playing better than KU or UCLA?

Tenn, UNC, Ill, UW- much much weaker group- not even close

Texas, Iowa, LSU, Syr- not bad- still take Oak over them

OSU, FLa, BC, Nevada- ehhh, only fla, BC have good shot at going deep

1371672[/snapback]

Ok, as said, IMO the best in Oakland is Pittsburgh. I think Pittsburgh,Kansas and Ucla are better than the 1 seed Memphis, and I think Arkansas is as good as Memphis.

Ok, in Atlanta I think Duke,Iowa and Texas are all better than anyone in the Oakland bracket.

In Washington I think Uconn,Illinois,North Carolina are all better than anyone in the Oakland bracket.

In Minneapolis I think Villanova,Boston College,Florida and Ohio State are all better than anyone from the Oakland Bracket.

As I said , IMO the Oakland bracket is the weakest I may have ever seen.

I even give Winthrop an outside shot of taking down the Volunteers  :D

Bucknell is a VERY interesting team, they could make life miserable for Arkansas.

Northern Iowa could be another team to watch  :D

1370775[/snapback]

I have Winthrop going to the Elite 8

Definetely Bucknell over Arkansas

Over George Town!! ARE YOU HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, as said, IMO the best in Oakland is Pittsburgh. I think Pittsburgh,Kansas and Ucla  are better than the 1 seed Memphis, and I think Arkansas is as good as Memphis.

Ok, in Atlanta I think Duke,Iowa and Texas are all better than anyone in the Oakland bracket.

In Washington I think Uconn,Illinois,North Carolina are all better than anyone in the Oakland bracket.

In Minneapolis I think Villanova,Boston College,Florida and Ohio State are all better than anyone from the Oakland Bracket.

As I said , IMO the Oakland bracket is the weakest I may have ever seen.

1371916[/snapback]

Yeah I know what ya said and I totally disagree- your not giving Memphis enough credit- they had a bunch of quality wins.

You really believe that Iowa,Illinois, UNC, Florida & Ohio State are better than UCLA or Memphis???

No Way- that is flat ridiculous.

I see UCLA as better than Texas and on par with anyone in the tournament. Guard play kills and Farmar/Afflalo are right behind Ray/Foye as the best in the nation.

KU is rolling- anyway- we shall see- I think DC is the worst region by far

1371070[/snapback]

When you say that TX never does well...are you refering to their final four run two years ago?

I like San Diego State over Indiana.

1371268[/snapback]

THANK you!!! :D

I also think they have a chance to defeat a very beatable Gonzaga team. USD almost beat the Zags twice this year, and I'm pretty sure Fischer's been on the phone to Holland to get the scoop on how best to defend against them.

Well as an Iowa fan, I'm hoping to go deep. It's a tough bracket though. WVU-Southern Illinois are both solid teams and either one pose good opposition for my hawks, and nwestern state isn't bad either. Texas, Cal, or NC State are all good. The Atlanta region is loaded. Nothing but good solid basketball teams.

My upset specials... A & M knock off a fatigued Syracuse team. I think Cuse is emotionallly drained. I saw it with my Hawks in 01' when Kentucky just ran them off the court in the 2nd round. I like the gaels of Iona knocking off LSU giving us a 12-13 match up similar to what we saw in 98' with Fla State vs Valpo. On the other hand... if LSU survives, they will be poised for a deep run I believe. Oakland will likely be chalk all the way to the sweet 16, I do think San Diego State will beat Indiana and it will be Luke Reckers fault, cuz everything wrong at IU is Reckers fault.

DC Region, I look for Witchita State to make a sweet 16 run before losing to UNC. I like Michigan State, but they don't seem to be playing with the same intensity they had in 05. Utah State will give Washington all they can handle in the 5-12 match up.

The Minneapolis region is tough. I'm still not sold on Villanova, but I feel they still are teh best team in that region. There are a lot of teams that you never know which one will show up. Florida, Georgetown, Ohio State. All capable teams, but they don't always play at there best. Ohio State relys way to much on the 3 pointer. If they know there role and let Dials tear it up, the Buckeyes can beat anyone IMO. All I'm hoping for out of the Minneapolis region is to see good games, cuz I got tickets to the Regionals. Look out for a sneaky Wisconsin team. If they can get by the first 2 rounds, they'll have 15,000 strong at the Metro Dome for the Sweet 16. Could end up being a home game for them. Might be a 9th seed cinderella run. I got them losing to Zona in the first round though. Zona will get revenge on them for the 2000 2nd round game.

My Final Four... UConn vs Villanova... and Iowa vs Gonzaga. Hey I can dream can't I? One Shining Moment, thats all I'm hoping for from my Hawks.

Alot of people here picking Texas A&M over Syracuse - I guess it's an upset because it's a 12 seed versus a 5 seed, but Syracuse is only a 1 point favorite. If you're in a pool that gives bonus points for picking higher seeds, I think you almost have to pick A&M in the first round.

And I tend to think that the Oakland brakcet is pretty weak, and therefore pretty wide open. UCLA finished strong, but I just don't trust anyone coming out of the Pac 10 this year (one of the reasons I like Utah State as an opening round upset over Washington). I like Kansas alot, but they are awfully young, which doesn't always play well in the Dance. Gonzaga is very beatable IMO - I think memphis is a weaker-than-usual #1 seed, but given the bracket that they have, I have them going to the Final Four almost by default. I like Marquette to make a run in the lower half of that bracket.

I also have NC State winning two games - not that I like them all that much, but my anti-Pac 10 bias putstham past California, and Texas is so inconsistent that it's not a reach to see NC State playing past this weekend.

Alot of people here picking Texas A&M over Syracuse - I guess it's an upset because it's a 12 seed versus a 5 seed, but Syracuse is only a 1 point favorite.  If you're in a pool that gives bonus points for picking higher seeds, I think you almost have to pick A&M in the first round.

And I tend to think that the Oakland brakcet is pretty weak, and therefore pretty wide open.  UCLA finished strong, but I just don't trust anyone coming out of the Pac 10 this year (one of the reasons I like Utah State as an opening round upset over Washington).  I like Kansas alot, but they are awfully young, which doesn't always play well in the Dance.  Gonzaga is very beatable IMO - I think memphis is a weaker-than-usual #1 seed, but given the bracket that they have, I have them going to the Final Four almost by default.  I like Marquette to make a run in the lower half of that bracket.

I also have NC State winning two games - not that I like them all that much, but my anti-Pac 10 bias putstham past California, and Texas is so inconsistent that it's not a reach to see NC State playing past this weekend.

1372942[/snapback]

Good analysis here.

Lots of good opinions here, I guess I'll add my .02 now that is about to start.

I don't see any real giant killers. The first weekend will have its share of upsets, but I don't see any team outside of a top 4 seed having a real shot at going all the way.

I think the Missouri Valley will represent well. SIU could easily go to the sweet 16, and the same could possibly be said for Witchita State. Everybody is waiting for them to fall on their face, since the conference got so many teams in the tourney (and deserved one more) so I am going to go contrarian and say they win some games.

And that is about all I am willing to divulge at this time. :D