[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lookee what I just bought!

Chavez

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone should own a kickass sword

Yeah, it seems :D to purchase it, but I need it as a prop for the zombie movie I'm starring in.

1377351[/snapback]

Chavez have you ever bought swords from there before. are the blades stainless steel and sharpenned. I have priced swords before and these prices are very cheap if the merchandise is quality I would like to know because I would definately purchase athing or two.

Medieval Zombies...Snakes on a Plane...Medieval Zombies...Snakes on a Plane....

If I only have $10, which one to see?  :D

1377359[/snapback]

When we finish, I can send you a DVD of Maximum Damage for free. So feel free to spend yer hard earned $$$ on the latest Samuel L Jackson masterpiece. :D

Chavez have you ever bought swords from there before. are the blades stainless steel and sharpenned. I have priced swords before and these prices are very cheap if the merchandise is quality I would like to know because I would definately purchase  athing or two.

1377369[/snapback]

The blades are stainless steel; when I get the sword and let you know how the quality is.

I just need something that looks halfway decent and didn't feel like dropping three bills (or much more) on a REAL sword. This one should work for the film and look decent hanging on the wall in my home office.

Everyone should own a kickass sword

Yeah, it seems :D to purchase it, but I need it as a prop for the zombie movie I'm starring in.

1377351[/snapback]

Nice. I have a small collection of swords and axes. Each year when the Ren fair comes around I go and check out the sword makers and shiiiit. To date I have:

1 replica spanish royal guard short sword with latin inscriptions (no idea what it says.)

1 Broadsword

1 spanish royal guard replica crossbow

1 half moon battle axe

1 double bladed battle axe

and a bunch of other "crappier" stuff. It's still nice but not the high quality those are.

I stopped buying 2 years ago because really, what does a 30 year old man need with all that stuff. But since my wife wont let me have a gun (yes and I do honor her wishes.) i'm reduced to chasing burglers out of my house with a battle axe in my boxer shorts.

ewww, that's not a very pleasing image.

I absolutely love this leather armor but starting at $355 is just too rich for my blood.

1377424[/snapback]

You know, if you really want to have a fun hobbie, learn to make chain mail armor.

Sell it to those LARPer groups, they big high dollar for a vest.

It's fun.

I've never made leather armor.

That piece you just linked is nice, looks like great quality.

Nice.  I have a small collection of swords and axes.  Each year when the Ren fair comes around I go and check out the sword makers and shiiiit.  To date I have:

1 replica spanish royal guard short sword with latin inscriptions (no idea what it says.)

1 Broadsword

1 spanish royal guard replica crossbow

1 half moon battle axe

1 double bladed battle axe

and a bunch of other "crappier" stuff.  It's still nice but not the high quality those are.

I stopped buying 2 years ago because really, what does a 30 year old man need with all that stuff. 

1377432[/snapback]

You could hang out with these guys.

:D

You know, if you really want to have a fun hobbie, learn to make chain mail armor.

Sell it to those LARPer groups, they big high dollar for a vest.

It's fun.

1377436[/snapback]

:D At the script reading, one of the guys said he knows somebody who makes chain mail "for fun." We questioned the fellow's sanity. :D

All you need now is a robe and wizard hat.

1377462[/snapback]

We aren't using a wizard character - though the guy who almost got saddled with it wanted to forgo the robe an wizard hat for a Doctor Strange look.

I'd like to have one. My wife would go nuts though as I am one of those kind of guys that likes to play with the props. I could see myself whacking the next door neighbor’s cat or something just to see. Ten pounds does seem a little heavy for long battle though. :D

Cool, I don't know crap about cutting utensils but about 8 years ago me and a buddy were in Spain, Toledo I think. We went into this little shop and down in the basement they had swords of all shapes and sizes. They had a couple that were so big we would of had to drag them out of the store!. Anyways, we couldn't resist, we each bought a matching set of medium size swords to hang on the wall back home.

For $59 that things will break the first time you hit anything with it and forget about keeping it sharp. Probably made from Chinese steel (which sucks IMO). A good Claymore will run in the thousands but you could carve open a car with it and still only take an hour to sharpen it afterwords.

Real fighting weapons are a hobby of mine. I'm trying to convince Ms Cid to let me get a real set of samurai swords but the price tag has kept her reluctant.

Men who buy large swords are obviously compensating for some limitations they have. :D

1377660[/snapback]

My Harley and SUV compensate for that shortcoming quite nicely.