[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lookee what I just bought!

Chavez

Have you thought about streaming it from the internet?

Then you could put it on Youtube.com or something. Like Chad Vader or Laser Fart...two of my recent favorites from the last year. :-)

It's not my call but I'm sure it's been discussed.

If/when it goes up (it's still being tweaked in post-production) I'm sure I'll let everyone know about it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Real fighting weapons are a hobby of mine. I'm trying to convince Ms Cid to let me get a real set of samurai swords but the price tag has kept her reluctant.

In my Tai Chi class, I am probably going to start learing Tai Chi Jian (sword form) in the next few months, and have recently taken up the search for a proper Jian.

Unfortunately I have found it very difficult to find a Jian of quality make that will not be sharpened, which I think would be inappropriate for use by a beginner, and in a room full of people no less. The blunt metal sword cenerally seem to be of poor make and flimsy, with plastic or fiberglass handles, etc..

So for training purposes, I have decided to get one of these. Once I have learned the form well enough to warrant serious work at home, I will look to invest in something a bit more 'real', like might be made by these folks, such as this guy.

In my Tai Chi class, I am probably going to start learing Tai Chi Jian (sword form) in the next few months, and have recently taken up the search for a proper Jian.

Unfortunately I have found it very difficult to find a Jian of quality make that will not be sharpened, which I think would be inappropriate for use by a beginner, and in a room full of people no less. The blunt metal sword cenerally seem to be of poor make and flimsy, with plastic or fiberglass handles, etc..

So for training purposes, I have decided to get one of these. Once I have learned the form well enough to warrant serious work at home, I will look to invest in something a bit more 'real', like might be made by these folks, such as this guy.

u need to find a metal smith or sword maker ... i have a claymore that is made for practice (blunted edges and tip) buy has the weight of a real sword .

hit the intranet you should be able to find some.... i got mine from a guy in canada who makes armor and other stuff... i will look and see if i can find his info

u need to find a metal smith or sword maker ... i have a claymore that is made for practice (blunted edges and tip) buy has the weight of a real sword .

hit the intranet you should be able to find some.... i got mine from a guy in canada who makes armor and other stuff... i will look and see if i can find his info

I did quite a bit of looking. I imagine if I wanted to I could convince one of the sword makers that makes a finer weapon to do just that for me.

The wooden swords from Little Raven get very good reviews, though, from all over the net. That's why I decided to go that route.

• 3 years later...
It's not my call but I'm sure it's been discussed.

If/when it goes up (it's still being tweaked in post-production) I'm sure I'll let everyone know about it.

So yeah, about four years after the fact...

http://www.vimeo.com/11123054

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out which guy I am.

The Wolverines could have used use as a PK this year.

We weren't sure if that shot was going to work, then we did it, and Mitch (the director) just busted out laughing when he saw how hilarious the flying head looked.