[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lookee what I just bought!

Chavez

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For $59 that things will break the first time you hit anything with it and forget about keeping it sharp. Probably made from Chinese steel (which sucks IMO). A good Claymore will run in the thousands but you could carve open a car with it and still only take an hour to sharpen it afterwords.

1377630[/snapback]

Made in Pakistan, actually.

Anyway, Kid Cid is dead on - if I attack someone with this sword, I'll end up with a pissed-off, slightly bruised person and a broken sword.

But then, all it has to do is look good for about 10 minutes of screen time in a movie and then up on the wall it goes, and it should be able to do that pretty well. :D I've certainly spent a worse $60.

• 2 months later...

For those interested - the first half of the movie was shot this weekend; it went well, killed my first zombie! More to come later....

Could you put me on your ignore? Thanks.

I wear a Robin Hood outfit and I shoot +4 magic aarows...geez... :D

:rollsdice: Don't be a bisch Chavez...I didn't mean to "stab" yer thread.

Edited by SuperBalla

You know, if you really want to have a fun hobbie, learn to make chain mail armor.

Sell it to those LARPer groups, they big high dollar for a vest.

It's fun.

I've never made leather armor.

That piece you just linked is nice, looks like great quality.

Forget the LARP gheys. If you can make quality armor, you can sell it to the Society for Creative Anacronism (A medieval recreation group) fighters. I was part of the SCA, where you use rattan swords and actually fight each other. You really learn the value of armor if you take a full swing greatsword to the ribs. YEEEOWCH.

For the record broadsword and poniard wielded Florentine style are a killer!! :D

Edited by cre8tiff

• 5 months later...

Update: last night was the "world premiere" of Chaotic Evil - no, it ain't gonna win any Oscars, but considering it was made on a budget of about $150 by a bunch of geeks running around the Wisconsin woods, it isn't half-bad.

Where can we go to see "Chaotic Evil"???

You'll most likely have to come to my house.

"Independent" would be a few notches up on the food chain - it's pretty much a 20-minute short film my friends and I made this summer.