[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WBC - final game tonight!

whitem0nkey

9 est.

I really enjoyed this thing; I can’t believe it just about over. Tonight is the final game with Cuba and Japan. It’s real cool how Cuba was not even going to be in the tourney cause of politics, and now they are playing for the championship game after beating the huge favorite Dominican Republic team.

Why are all the Dominicans Republican?

Edited by whitem0nkey

1378205[/snapback]

Cute but after what 44 years the sanctions aren't exactly working. I'd like an elected govt there too but we should open some relations with them.

They have good athletes as baseball and boxing have both shown.

Guest Cherni
9 est.

I really enjoyed this thing; I can’t believe it just about over. Tonight is the final game with Cuba and Japan. It’s real cool how Cuba was not even going to be in the tourney cause of politics, and now they are playing for the championship game after beating the huge favorite Dominican Republic team.

1378205[/snapback]

I agree, I also don't think politics should play a role in the WBC. If that's the case you have to call it something else. Cuba produces excellent baseball players, if they weren't allowed to play, well then it wouldnt' be the WORLD Baseball Classic. It would be The Classic of Teams that the United States Allowed to Play. CTUSAP just doesn't have the same ring :D

The game tonight should be excellent.

I agree, I also don't think politics should play a role in the WBC. If that's the case you have to call it something else. Cuba produces excellent baseball players, if they weren't allowed to play, well then it wouldnt' be the WORLD Baseball Classic. It would be The Classic of Teams that the United States Allowed to Play. CTUSAP just doesn't have the same ring  :D

The game tonight should be excellent.

1378860[/snapback]

I was waiting for you to reply....... :D

This will be a cool game you got Cuba who hits batters, had a bat boy kicked out for giving signs, Vs a very disciplined Japanese team who plays the game real clean. i wish it was best of 3 but Oh well.

I’m real happy for Japan and Cuba because there fans love baseball as much as 6 pack Joe Smith.

Everyone at the beginning thought we would be watching U.S. and the Dominican Republicans. So we have something less glamorous, but much more intriguing.

Japan comes to this game with a 4-3 record in the tournament. Korea is out, but its record was 6-1. Japan, 1-2 against Korea is in. Korea, 2-1 against Japan, is out.<----this needs to be fixed for in 3 years :D

Edited by whitem0nkey

What would you like them to do, not have a semi-final?

But some of the tie-breaker rules (in rounds 1 and 2) might need to be tweaked.

1379050[/snapback]

It may not have the best answer, but it needs to be corrected.

I do think that a head to head record should be the first tiebreaker.

Another suggestion I have is to have 2 more games in the semifinals. Which would allow the last 4 teams to play each other once. And have the best 2 continue????

I know this adds more games, but from a fans perspective I want good sports.

I just had a though. what if we shorten the regular baseball season. by 20 games and have a real baseball tournament with best out of 3 series.

we can also have more teams, i would not mind seeing my Sox, the Yankees, and other playoff teams in the tourney, while being in mid season form. ..............Or we can have a couple all star teams, like one from the AL and one from the NL??

Edited by whitem0nkey

Guest Cherni
I was waiting for you to reply....... :D

This will be a cool game you got Cuba who hits batters, had a bat boy kicked out for giving signs, Vs a very disciplined Japanese team who plays the game real clean. i wish it  was best of 3 but Oh well.

I’m real happy for Japan and Cuba because there fans love baseball as much as 6 pack Joe Smith.

Everyone at the beginning thought we would be watching U.S. and the Dominican Republicans. So we have something less glamorous, but much more intriguing.

Japan comes to this game with a 4-3 record in the tournament. Korea is out, but its record was 6-1. Japan, 1-2 against Korea is in. Korea, 2-1 against Japan, is out.<----this needs to be fixed for in 3 years :D

1378997[/snapback]

Could it be possible that Japan will not only own the coveted Nathan's Yellow Mustard Belt but also the WBC Championship? This is a great game tonight and Japan deserves to win, but Japan seems to be more American than America. :D

castro's crew is getting owned. sweet. i like watching the japs play...they all seem to have a similar finish on their swings, it reminds me of the whitesox back in the day, when walt hriniak was the hitting coach. not that the swing is the same, because it isn't...but because the whole team seems to finish their swing the same way.

I love the pitching of the Japanese they just flat out have better pitching and while I LOVE the fact the Dominican Republic is out it pisses me off that USA sucked so friggin bad.  We should've own this shucks.

1379511[/snapback]

I agree US left such a bad taste in my mouth with their performance i lost interest

Funny how Cuba is communist and had problems in making this tournament for a while there ...but China who is a heck alot more communist than Cuba , had no problems making the tournament ( even though they were knocked out on first round ) ...gotta love politics