[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keyshawn Signs with Panthers

no one

Hmmm...I don't like Me-shawn at all but I think this is good for the Panthers, Delhomme will actually have another target next year. This will improve their offense quite a bit imo.

1385593[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I think it also hurts Steve Smith a bit. He was their one and only option. Now, he's not.

Unfortunately, I think it also hurts Steve Smith a bit.  He was their one and only option.  Now, he's not.

1385598[/snapback]

True, I also have a feeling that Smith and Keyshawn won't like each other too much by the end of the season, but you never know.

Edited by Flip_Side

Unfortunately, I think it also hurts Steve Smith a bit.  He was their one and only option.  Now, he's not.

1385598[/snapback]

Agreed. It also (apparently) means that they're giving up on Keary Colbert. Glad I dropped him from my keeper league last year.

This might mean better fantasy stats for Delhomme, though.

I think this helps the Panthers get the type of WR that will compliment our offense. Losing Moose last year was tough, but getting Key will certainly give us a reliable target opposite Steve Smith. This signing should increase both Jake and Foster and slightly decrease Smith's numbers, but not by much. :D

Key is slow, and getting slower each year. He's tall and can get decent body position but he's not going to burn anybody. Longest catch in last 3 years was 39 yards.

I'll be interested to see how Delhomme does with two targets...

After two seasons with passing so disproportionate towards one receiver, I would anticipate his efficiency and yards increasing this year. His best fantasy year--- even if there isn't as much of a monster season by one receiver.

Too bad for Drew Carter owners. He was starting to look pretty good last year but I imagine now he'll remain as the #3.

1385775[/snapback]

Yes he was. I thought he would have a decent year.

Too bad for Drew Carter owners. He was starting to look pretty good last year but I imagine now he'll remain as the #3.

1385775[/snapback]

I had him ready to step up and play the #2, but it looks like the Panthers are going for experience and the blocking abilities of Key were key as well. However, can you imagine the change of pace when DC is in the line-up, or if they line him up in the slot, as one of the three will get open. It should be fun to watch this year as Carolina preps for a SB run.

1385598[/snapback]

Boo!

Fantasy wise, this blows and knocks Smith down quite afew WR slots...

1385785[/snapback]

This is great news for me. in my main league and in my division in that league (12 team 4 division 3 teams to a division) One team has as their keepers SA, TO and the other team Team has Edge/Smith.

So far the Edge smith team is looking great for me this year! :D

Great signing for Panthers IMO, and I don't think it necessary to knock Smith down. I think he'll show himself to be a special receiver and still get top 10 numbers. Keyshawn is a possession receiver. Its not like he's going to come in a light it up for 1200/10.

There is no question that this will hurt SS #'s. Again I think he will put up Top 10 #'s easy.....but I think that the people who have him #1 or even top 5 need to take a hard look at it......KJ will take rec/targets away from Smith...Jake now has two WR he can "Trust" to catch the ball!!