[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No more end zone gags

kryptonite

Chad Johnson's response: "Tell the competition committee that Chad said you can't cover 85, and there's no way you can stop him from entertaining."

Another take is to give fans joy. He is an entertainer. He does the celebration for the same reason braodway actors and musicians give the fans what they like.

1392189[/snapback]

He does his celebration because he needs attention.

Now when he gets caught by some photographer beating his ole lady he will complain about this same attention.

Anytime you rub a score in another persons face you are doing nothing more than instigating a fight.either make fighting legal or stop the dumb chit. since we all want to see a football game at football games and not American Idol at football games I think they should stop any foolish celebrations.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another take is to give fans joy.

1392189[/snapback]

Right.

How many staged end zone celebrations in the history of the world have even been remotely clever? A handful?

Most of them are ridiculous.

I wouldn't want that stuff in my league.

He does his celebration because he needs attention.

Now when he gets caught by some photographer beating his ole lady he will complain about this same attention.

Anytime you rub a score in another persons face you are doing nothing more than instigating a fight.either make fighting legal or stop the dumb chit. since we all want to see a football game at football games and not American Idol at football games I think they should stop any foolish celebrations.

1392208[/snapback]

Typical. :D

I can do without the immature end zone celebrations. To say that players should be allowed to celebrate because they'll be more motivated to score is ridiculous. If their competitive nature isn't enough motivation, they won't last long in the league anyway. I don't watch the games for the celebrations just like I don't watch the Super Bowl for the commercials.

Right.

How many staged end zone celebrations in the history of the world have even been remotely clever?  A handful?

Most of them are ridiculous.

I wouldn't want that stuff in my league.

1392228[/snapback]

Then stop all celebrations including dancing after tackles.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson at the NFL Owners Meeting:

What? players want more money? we cant have that? i dont even understand this darn cba thing. what we voted already? on what?

what? endzone celebrations? we cant have that? these kids today are way out of control. We must put a stop to this!

Bills owner Ralph Wilson at the NFL Owners Meeting:

what? endzone celebrations?

1392459[/snapback]

i thought for sure the punch line was going to be we dont score TDs or something along those lines

Another take is to give fans joy. He is an entertainer. He does the celebration for the same reason braodway actors and musicians give the fans what they like.

1392189[/snapback]

Broadway actors and musicians give us joy because they can act and sing. Chad Johnson brings me joy because he is a darn good football player, not because he can pretend to propose to a cheerleader.

You just aren't getting the point that the owners, most fans, and even the Player's Association itself obviously agree's with....

I can do without the immature end zone celebrations.  To say that players should be allowed to celebrate because they'll be more motivated to score is ridiculous.  If their competitive nature isn't enough motivation, they won't last long in the league anyway.  I don't watch the games for the celebrations just like I don't watch the Super Bowl for the commercials.

1392327[/snapback]

So, I guess Chad Johnson or Steve Smith won't be around next year. You said they wouldn't last long in this league. :D