[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Montana: Best QB of all-time?

TheGrunt

Who is the BEST QB of all-time?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST QB of all-time?

• John Elway
    • Joe Montana
    • Terry Bradshaw
    • Steve young
    • Troy Aikman
    • Jim Kelly
    • Dan Marino
    • John Unitas
    • Roger Staubach
    • Joe Namath

49ers traded for young (got him from tampa)

1400198[/snapback]

:D I guess that's what I get for second guessing myself... I almost thought they didn't draft him but wasn't so sure. What did they have to give up for him? :D I'm sure whoever it was Tampa had to have been kicking themselves for it later on!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I guess that's what I get for second guessing myself... I almost thought they didn't draft him but wasn't so sure. What did they have to give up for him?  :D I'm sure whoever it was Tampa had to have been kicking themselves for it later on!

1400215[/snapback]

they gave a 2nd and 4th to tampa

Not one person has yet to vote for Troy Aikman :D

...That's what I like to see, makes me feel *very slightly* better about the rivalry they had with he Niners and those dreadful years they managed to beat them to go on and win the Superbowl. Thanks for nothing Michael Irvin. :D Maybe this is one of those cases where the WR really did help the QB more than vice-versa.

Actually, I was just took a look at the numbers, and they are at the very least interesting as to Reeves "holding Elway back".

During the Reeves/Elway years in Den, they OFTEN ranked much higher in pass atts than in rush atts - from 85-90, they finished 2nd, 8th, 2nd, 4th, 22nd, and 9th in pass atts while finishing 12th, 21st, 7th, 19th, 3rd, and 12th in rushing atts. That's an average of 8th in pass atts and 12th in rush atts as compared to the rest of the league.

As a matter of fact, Elway had finishes of 1st, 4th (twice), 5th, and 6th in pass attempts form 85-90; post-Reeves, he finished first in pass attempts in 94 but never came in higher than 7th after that.

So while you can certainly criticize Reeves' offensive design or playcalling, it appears difficult to contend that he kept Elway completely under wraps in favor of the run.

1399356[/snapback]

Don't forget Reeves was the moron who thought Elway was washed up and drafted Tommy Maddox to replace him.