[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you play in at least one IDP League?

Perchoutofwater

Do you play in an IDP league?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play in an IDP league?

• Yes I play in one IDP league.
    • Yes I play in Multiple IDP leagues.
    • No, I'm not as addicted to FF as some of you.

I'm gathering IDP is individual defensive players, and if so I have never played in one. At this time I don't feel the need too, as I really enjoy just using players from the offensive side and a kicker. I can easily enjoy a league with just offensive players without letting it take over too much of my life, I feel it would almost become like a job if I included Defense.

But IDP seems like the new wave, so I guess eventually it might happen.

2 years ago I was in a league with team defense however.

Edited by irish

I love IDP. Although I am also in a traditional league, I am in more IDP leagues, & it's the only way to go IMO. Anything that gives you more roster toys to play with on Sunday morning... :D

Edited by Bonehand

I love IDP. Although I am also in a traditional league, IDP is the only way to go IMO. Anything that gives you more roster toys to play with on Sunday morning...

1418286[/snapback]

+1

Last year at this time I would have said just one. Since then the count has escalated to 7. :D

Perch and the other fish with teeth are in a league with me that's idp and then some. It's fun, and sometimes confusing. First was the auction draft where I learned I suck at auctions. Then came the season where I learned I suck at trading. If I suck at the draft this year I'm batting a perfect 1000%. There should be some type of award for that, no? :D

Perch and the other fish with teeth are in a league with me that's idp and then some. It's fun, and sometimes confusing. First was the auction draft where I learned I suck at auctions. Then came the season where I learned I suck at trading. If I suck at the draft this year I'm batting a perfect 1000%. There should be some type of award for that, no? :D

1418703[/snapback]

:D

Hey you can't claim all the suckiness to yourself! :D

I'm not in any IDP leagues and doubt I ever will be. I'm don't want to sound like I am bashing IDP, I'm not. I suppose if you're a stats geek they can be fun.

Myself, I enjoy watching my RB or WR running down the field and scoring a TD or ripping off a 30 yd run and getting me FF pts.

Maybe you guys can help me out...where's the excitement in seeing your FF player make a tackle? :D Just don't see someone jumping out of their chair when their MLB makes a tackle like they would if their QB threw a 60 yd TD pass.

I'm not in any IDP leagues and doubt I ever will be. I'm don't want to sound like I am bashing IDP, I'm not. I suppose if you're a stats geek they can be fun.

Myself, I enjoy watching my RB or WR running down the field and scoring a TD or ripping off a 30 yd run and getting me FF pts.

Maybe you guys can help me out...where's the excitement in seeing your FF player make a tackle?  :D Just don't see someone jumping out of their chair when their MLB makes a tackle like they would if their QB threw a 60 yd TD pass.

1418973[/snapback]

You will if you see your CB intercept the pass and run it back for a touchdown. Tackles(2 points) are more like receptions and 10 yard gains.

You will if you see your CB intercept the pass and run it back for a touchdown. Tackles(2 points) are more like receptions and 10 yard gains.

1418981[/snapback]

Not to mention... who had Mike Vrabel in the playoffs last year :D

Maybe you guys can help me out...where's the excitement in seeing your FF player make a tackle?  :D Just don't see someone jumping out of their chair when their MLB makes a tackle like they would if their QB threw a 60 yd TD pass.

1418973[/snapback]

Like I said, the main selling point to me is it gives you even more of a roster to juggle, and I like the challenge of stacking up say 20 players against my opponent instead of just 11. And you know how tight an FF game can be, sometimes the difference between winning & losing can come down to one tackle.

Maybe it's just because I started with IDP first, but for some reason it just always seemed more artifical to me to start an entire defense & special teams. You spend all this time fine-tuning & micromanaging your offense, & then you throw a whole defense out there like an afterthought, with scoring only for certain events, it's bizarre to me. Why not earn points for everything your player does?

16 Team IDP only and nothing else(other then 32 homers but thats a different beast)...

the other thing that idp does that some people dont seem to understand is with a bigger starting roster you really can rely a little less on RBs well ok thats not true but IDP is still where its at :D