[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Missing Persons Experience?

CarryTheRock

So I call my mother back home this morning to wish her a Happy Easter. After the usual Chit Chat we get to talking about my brother who has not been seen or heard from in six years. It was always like him to be unreliable and pick up and take off but he usually always came back for a spell at my mothers. Since staying there one night six years ago in route to Minnesota we have not heard or seen of him.

It really hit home this morning when my mother gave me a link to something that my sister posted HERE. When talking to the police they told my sister that they have had someone with that name and description that had been involved in an assault and was stabbed. I guess after talking with certain authorities she was able to track to a homeless shelter in Minneapolis he may be staying at. If it is him they say he is there almost on a daily basis. Because of confidentiality they won't do anymore than take a number they say they will give him.

Anyway, my question is if anyone has had experience searching for someone and some resources they may have used. Any help would be appreciated and please no witty attempts at trying to be funny in this thread.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.  I'm going to try one of these online things where you can search records but have to sift through to find one that isn't going to charge me when they just do a yahoo white pages search :D

1422357[/snapback]

I tried an online service to try and track down an old friend, but it sounds like you have a better lead with the cops and shelter. I hope you and your family find some answers and good news.

Yes, good luck - I hope it all turns out well.  As a Minneapolis resident, I'll keep my eyes open when I'm downtown.

1422398[/snapback]

Could you tell me where Plymouth, MN is related to Minneapolis? From what I have found that is the address for the shelter.

Could you tell me where Plymouth, MN is related to Minneapolis?  From what I have found that is the address for the shelter.

1422402[/snapback]

Plymouth is a second ring suburb slightly NW of Minneapolis itself. It is part of the metro area, though.

Map of Plymouth and the Mpls metro

Plymouth is a second ring suburb slightly NW of Minneapolis itself.  It is part of the metro area, though. 

Map of Plymouth and the Mpls metro

1422424[/snapback]

Thank you.

Rock  :D ...wow, I hope you find him...best of luck.  Some shelters are run by local churches and such...you may want to try locating some churches in the area and talk to the clergy there.  They can be very helpful.

1422445[/snapback]

Thanks DW.

I haven't seen one of my brothers since '75. I found him by having his birthdate, full name and last known residence and asking a sheriff friend of mine if he could run his name here in Missouri. Found him in less than hour.

Good luck with your brother.