[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA is broken

MikesVikes

Salary cap- MLB is trying like he11 to come around.

Marketing-- Stars, the league on a national & global basis- both the NFL & MLB have followed suit on this.

David Stern- you cannot tell me MLB & NFL did not use him as an example of how a commish should run a league- that guy is a genius, end of story.

1451780[/snapback]

I'm not a fan of David Stern. The NBA's salary cap is a joke. The "Larry Bird Player Rights" is such a stupid idea; it doesn't help for parity. Player salaries are a joke as they keep on climbing; they have the highest of any sport. And there is still no competitive balance in the league. The West AS A WHOLE is far better than the East.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed to add teams that are the ultimate in playing the game properly.  Other than that, I agree... :D

1453854[/snapback]

Totally agree- even though I still associate Laimbeer, Rodman & Mahorn with the Pistons when I see that F ing uniform- this current group is awesome. Now for SA- ehh- can't stand that team- Bowen, Ginobli, Parker- all of em- I hope Dallas takes em down.

I'm not a fan of David Stern. The NBA's salary cap is a joke. The "Larry Bird Player Rights" is such a stupid idea; it doesn't help for parity. Player salaries are a joke as they keep on climbing; they have the highest of any sport. And there is still no competitive balance in the league. The West AS A WHOLE is far better than the East.

1453901[/snapback]

Naw- the salary cap is fine- Parity is there- it is not an East/West thing at all- that is just the current trend. A positive about the NBA & LB rights- supertsars stay with teams for longer than in MLB, NFL. That is one of my biggest gripes about those sports- guys changing teams all the freakin time.

Of course they have the highest salaries- They have 12, maybe 14 w/IR man rosters every year- CMon now Goop

Naw- the salary cap is fine- Parity is there- it is not an East/West thing at all- that is just the current trend. A positive about the NBA & LB rights- supertsars stay with teams for longer than in MLB, NFL. That is one of my biggest gripes about those sports- guys changing teams all the freakin time.

Of course they have the highest salaries- They have 12, maybe 14 w/IR man rosters every year- CMon now Goop

1454035[/snapback]

Superstars staying with their teams is good but not consistently. How does that help parity?

Rajah should have kicked Kobe in the balls as well as hauled him down by the neck.  Lo and behold, the following game, Kobe elbows his opponent in the face AGAIN.  Lo and behold, no call.  What a f'n shock.  If I'd been the Phoenix manager, I'd have gone to Phil Jackson and told him he had one chance to rein Kobe in or my #12 guy was going to cripple him for the rest of the playoffs.

1453885[/snapback]

i'm a phoenix homer, so i guess i'm biased, but i couldn't agree more. i can't stand how much kobe gets away with. raja bell made a stupid move clotheslining kobe like that, but i can't blame the guy for getting frustrated. then kobe's elbow sends barbosa to the locker room for stitches in his lip, and nothing. i can't stand that f'er, kobe.

i have a friend who's a lakers fan who actually said she thought nash traveled at the end of regulation last night. i love it -- a lakers fan getting pissed about the officiating.

The salary cap has its purpose, but I'm not sure if parity is it. Maybe it does as good a job as it can, NBA basketball, by nature, is extremely uncompetitive. So maybe it would be even worse without the cap, hard to say.

But the fact that the Royals (and Pirates), as historically horrendous as they've been, chasing the '62 Mets, still have a higher winning percentage than the TrailBlazers had this year (or the Hawks and Hornets last year, Magic year before, etc etc) doesn't say much for parity in the league.

I've read that people are considering this the best 1st round of playoffs ever... and there hasn't even been any upsets yet! (LA/Pheonix not done) Just the fact that the series' have been actually entertaining and competitive is cause for celebration in the NBA, apparently.

Edited by LegFuJohnson