[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Jets fans wathing this?

rajncajn

From Jets Insider message board.

I've seen plenty of rumors of a trade between the Saints & Jets or Saints & Raiders. But this thing seems to have stirred up an awful lot of people on both Jets & Saints boards & supposedly is coming from an "inside source." I'd put money this guy is just :D & he just found a sweet hole. :D

Gotta love it when people say things like...

"Im on the payroll of an NFL team so I cant say anymore then...."

Whatever...I believe this guy is full of dung.

1434894[/snapback]

I don't know. I'm on page 13 of that thread and it's pretty Oprahing interesting. I think he's legite by what he's saying and what others that know him are saying.

ok..........................i am back....................the Jets are looking to move down still get there guy and they may get multiple picks................the problem is they need a third team to get this done.............and they really want Reese to be in on this deal because they can still get the guy they covet................D'Brick..............at 7 I think this deal has legs but alot of the principles have to agree..............Especially Al Davis..............he is going to be giving up a ton to get this done...............

sounds like the rumor is...saints back to 4 to take mario or hawk...jets back to 7 to take brick...raiders up to 2 to take...leinart? or young?

sounds like the rumor is...saints back to 4 to take mario or hawk...jets back to 7 to take brick...raiders up to 2 to take...leinart?  or young?

1434992[/snapback]

Yeah, that's basically the jist of what I read. Although the Saints at 4 would take only Mario so they can trade with the Jets and their 7 pick of Brick. No2 pick for Raiders would be Leinart. 5 and 6 pick for GB and SF are the picks that are still trying to be worked out and are the 2 teams that can heck it all up. And I presume the Titans will take VY at 3.

sounds like the rumor is...saints back to 4 to take mario or hawk...jets back to 7 to take brick...raiders up to 2 to take...leinart?  or young?

1434992[/snapback]

Yeah, that's basically the jist of what I read. Although the Saints at 4 would take only Mario so they can trade with the Jets and their 7 pick of Brick. No2 pick for Raiders would be Leinart. 5 and 6 pick for GB and SF are the picks that are still trying to be worked out and are the 2 teams that can heck it all up. And I presume the Titans will take VY at 3.

ok, from what i gather...a trade could go down involving 3 teams...the saints, titans, and raider. if it happened, i'm guessing the top of the draft would look like this...the jets may not even have to be involved..

1. bush to houston

2. leinart to the raiders

3. d'brick to the sants

4. mario to the jets

5. hawk to the pack

6. davis to the niners

7. young to the titans

ok, from what i gather...a trade could go down involving 3 teams...the saints, titans, and raider.  if it happened, i'm guessing the top of the draft would look like this...the jets may not even have to be involved..

1. bush to houston

2. leinart to the raiders

3. d'brick to the sants

4. mario to the jets

5. hawk to the pack

6. davis to the niners

7. young to the titans

1435021[/snapback]

Supposedly, the Saints want to get Dbrick at a cheaper price which is why they are trying to work it so that the Jets pick him at 7 vs. the Aints getting him at 3.

ok...

Originally Posted by Conkboy

My guess here is that the Saints and Raiders are looking for either the Jets or the Titans to make the deal work. My guess is that whoever blinks first will be the third team in the deal. Looks like they want the the third team to get the least.

we have a winner................

"Bongo's own words, his OWN WORDS, are the Titans are a big part of this deal. I've been trying to ask him where the Titans and the Jets both fit in, and I get no answer."

Guys, this aint brain surgery............it is a three team deal that will require the team left out staying put and recieving something from the raiders for doing so.......we dont know if that will be the Titans or jets...........not likely to be GB or SF.............but SF would love to screw big AL............... The titans Jets and a third team with serious ammo are vying to be the third team................but Condon has to make sure 3-4-5 and 6 stay put and stay true to their boards............otherwise its a mess............and the Saints have to have the gumption to select a guy they really dont want...............just like he got SD to do when they took Manning......................this deal is still not dead, and no i would never BS about this type of deal.......it shopws you precisely how this league really works and how stealth teams can be.......go over tot he Raider board and read the oakland tribune.......they are following this story on th enet because Davis shut them down yesterday when their beat writer asked about it.........................

Just reading the comments here, I'd be hard pressed to believe this. ANYONE working for an NFL team would in all likelihood be breaching all types of confidientiality agreements by posting this info. If he DOES in fact work for someone, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that if he's posting real accurate info that the teeam he works for could demand the ISP address from the posts. In other words, this guy is probably full of shuckse, because if he were smart he wouldn't be risking his liveliood over somethign like this.

Then again, if he's dumb then anything's possible. FWIW - I read on cnnsi today that the Jets were looking at a potential trade down, so that is already public knowledge......

if anything happens, it probably won't be until draft day. because there's this...

no there is a team willing to give up three number ones for the right guy.......and the Texans are talking to this team..............if that deal goes down it will kill this one we have been discussing.................and yes it does involve Bush.

gotta be san fran? which could ruin condon's master plan for the top 7 by dropping houston back into the mix at 6.

if anything happens, it probably won't be until draft day.  because there's this...

gotta be san fran?  which could ruin condon's master plan for the top 7 by dropping houston back into the mix at 6.

1435043[/snapback]

It could be the Jets, could it not? They are at 1.04 and 1.29, after picking up DEN's second 1st round pick last week...

So, either the Jets (1.04 / 1.29) or SF (1.06 / 1.22) could toss these two picks in, plus next years' first rounder to HOU?

If either team makes this serious offer to HOU, and HOU doesn't take them up on it immediately, they are absolutely insane.

FWIW, I think that SF's pick next year will be meaningfully higher than the Jets pick...

Edited by muck

...and, if it is the Jets, then that'd put HOU at 1.04...

w/ NOR taking Mario or D'Brickashaw and TEN taking a QB, HOU could still land Mario or D'Brickashaw (or maybe Vernon Davis to pair with AJohnson and Moulds for a pretty lethal trio ... while still helping out as a willing and able blocker on the line?) ...

Edited by muck

:D

OK, this bongo is a doctor, no wait, some sort of consultant, that works for 4 NFL teams, but has season tix to the Titans and Jets? No open luxury suite invitation? And he has a web site that he won't name. And he says that Condon is going to lock up the #2 through #7 picks, all to make sure Leinart gets picked at 2, in a deal that will involve at least three teams, and he's not sure which three yet? And that the NFL wiuld approve such blatant collusion?

:D If it looks like BS, smells like BS, tastes like BS...... it's usually ...BS.

One thing I will say for this guy, he makes spain look like he's fishin fer guppies.

:D

OK, this bongo is a doctor, no wait, some sort of consultant, that works for 4 NFL teams, but has season tix to the Titans and Jets? No open luxury suite invitation? And he has a web site that he won't name. And he says that Condon is going to lock up the #2 through #7 picks, all to make sure Leinart gets picked at 2, in a deal that will involve at least three teams, and he's not sure which three yet? And that the NFL wiuld approve such blatant collusion?

:D  If it looks like BS, smells like BS, tastes like BS...... it's usually ...BS.

One thing I will say for this guy, he makes spain look like he's fishin fer guppies.

1435128[/snapback]

well if you'd read past the first page, you'd know the team he's close to is the titans, but that he doesn't work for them in an official capacity any longer. the guy definitely knows his chit, i have very little doubt he's legit.

the big revelation here is that al davis has a major hard-on for leinart.

well if you'd read past the first page, you'd know the team he's close to is the titans, but that he doesn't work for them in an official capacity any longer.  the guy definitely knows his chit, i have very little doubt he's legit.

the big revelation here is that al davis has a major hard-on for leinart.

1435155[/snapback]

His writing style is remarkably similar to another guy, at another Jets forum.... but there, he's an ex-Seattle Seahawk DB..... if it's the same guy. I don't doubt that there is plenty of discussion right now regarding draft picks and trades. I just woner how a guy who isn't at the top level of an FO would have that much info.... call me skeptical, to say the least.

PS: I read the whole thread.

PPS: So, he's been to 17 combines, and he has a 25 year old wife that is hotter than sunspots, and she wears see through clothes at outdoor conventions. Sure, i'm buying into all of this.

Edited by Rovers

His writing style is remarkably similar to another guy, at another Jets forum.... but there, he's an ex-Seattle Seahawk DB..... if it's the same guy. I don't doubt that there is plenty of discussion right now regarding draft picks and trades. I just woner how a guy who isn't at the top level of an FO would have that much info.... call me skeptical, to say the least.

PS: I read the whole thread.

PPS: So, he's been to 17 combines, and he has a 25 year old wife that is hotter than sunspots, and she wears see through clothes at outdoor conventions. Sure, i'm buying into all of this.

1435172[/snapback]

I read 80% of the 40+ pages and I never saw him say that. I'm not saying he's legit, but he seems to know his shyt and it makes sense. It actually resembles my draft projection a bit. But I agree with Azz, that the big news, if anything is to be believed, is that Davis reallylikes Leinart. You know there are going to be some surprises, and this one makes sense.

Was wondering if it was going to make it to this board.

Still going strong- 3 different threads on the Saints board - about 25 pages worth; and 52 pages on jetsinsider. Didn't even bother looking at titanscentral or any Raider forums...