[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Jets fans wathing this?

rajncajn

Was wondering if it was going to make it to this board.

Still going strong- 3 different threads on the Saints board - about 25 pages worth; and 52 pages on jetsinsider.  Didn't even bother looking at titanscentral or any Raider forums...

1435452[/snapback]

I wasn't going to even bother mentioning it, but people on both boards were getting so worked up over it that I thought it was worth mentioning. All I gotta say is if we move down to 7 & miss out on both Hawk & Ferguson then we better d@mn well rake in some serious picks for it.

Well, now they are saying it's only a possible two team deal.... Oakland trading up with the Titans. This thing was just way too far fetched to have legs from the get-go. Now, if ANY team trades up, these guys will say how they were on top of it, yada, yada, yada. They all "own" web sites.... such a coincidence..... and have been getting huge numbers of hits. I tell ya, there is a sucker born every minute.

A well informed fan can come up with stuff that seems reasonable, even a three to four team trade scenario. The mistake they often make is that these deals have to be approved by the NFL, and this scenario was blatant collusion, orchestrated no less by a controversial agent? If it looks like BS......

I found three errors that may call this dude's credibility into question.

First: He contradicts himself...

................the Raiders want to keep a pick and throw Porter into the deal instead.....................the Titans like that but they want Porter..............and not the pick but so does another team.............

:D

Second:

"SF loves VDavis but they have Bush number one and if he falls to two they have told loomis they will give him two ones and this yrs two and next yrs three to get him"..."moreover they also told Condon that the Texans have offered them one for three ones...............that was prior to their trade to Den............."

If that was before the Denver trade, is he saying the Texans asked the 49ers to give up 2006 1.06, their 2007 1st, and their 2008 1st?? Wouldn't that be unprecedented? Is it even allowed? Sounds bogus to me.

Third: At various points in the thread, Bongo alludes to either the Jets, Titans, or 49ers receiving some sort of compensation just for staying in their current draft position. I can't imagine that is kosher with the NFL rulebook.

Fourth: Early on, he "predicts" that the media will soon begin reporting Denver's failed attempts to trade into the top 5. Later in the thread, somebody posted a report from a CO newspaper that reported the story earlier on the morning of the 21st.

Fifth: Another contradiction...

yes.............but if we fall to 7 and two QB's are gone ............it opens us to det and Az from moving up to SF spot.................and we have no QB and mcNair...............not good for us..............and Reese wont let that happen.................

26. remember at three the Titans are guarranteed right now of a choice of two QB's and more likely a choice of all three................making us the most likely team to trade with Oak...............to do it straight up..............Al has to give us his 07 one and he is not apt to do so....................

Those were just on the 3-4 pages I actually read. There's probably more, but I don't have time to research this any more.

I found three errors that may call this dude's credibility into question.

First: He contradicts himself...

:D

Second:

If that was before the Denver trade, is he saying the Texans asked the 49ers to give up 2006 1.06, their 2007 1st, and their 2008 1st?? Wouldn't that be unprecedented? Is it even allowed? Sounds bogus to me.

Third: At various points in the thread, Bongo alludes to either the Jets, Titans, or 49ers receiving some sort of compensation just for staying in their current draft position. I can't imagine that is kosher with the NFL rulebook.

Fourth: Early on, he "predicts" that the media will soon begin reporting Denver's failed attempts to trade into the top 5. Later in the thread, somebody posted a report from a CO newspaper that reported the story earlier on the morning of the 21st.

Fifth: Another contradiction...

Those were just on the 3-4 pages I actually read. There's probably more, but I don't have time to research this any more.

1435626[/snapback]

:D this is supposed to discredit the guy? your first "error" is simply an erroneous use of the word "but" on his part :D

second, why couldn't SF give up picks in the next two drafts? i doubt it's unprecedented or illegal.

third, obviously there'd have to be some sort of formal quid pro quo exchange for a team like the jets or titans "just staying put". just because he doesn't know or doesnt go into the details doesnt mean anything.

fourth...you assume he reads every paper in the country every morning? :D

fifth...that obviously just points out the risks/rewards of the titans trading back with the raiders straight up. it's obviously a fluid situation....one day it may seem like reese "wouldn't let that happen", the next day, if the price is right (porter and a couple picks) it might make sense. seriously, if this guy is to be believed, the titans would be ok with any of the top 3 QBs...what are the chances ALL 3 are gone at 7? that would most likely require not one but 2 teams trading ahead of them to grab cutler and young. doubtful that will happen.

All from this thread on Saintsreport.com...these guys have been doing some serious homework on Bongo59. This guy is all over the place with multitudes of posts on various NFL forums. :D

and a post on the Saints board.

Ok, this has me curious....

VOL Blog

News and Commentary of the University of Tennessee Volunteers

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A medical professional who posts on a Tennessee Titan's message board as "Bongo59", has stated on a few occasions that Allen's injury may prohibit him from living out his dream of playing in the NFL. "Bongo59" works as a medical consultant with the NFL and the Tennessee Titans. He is a regular poster on Tennessee Titans message boards and provides regular scoops. His flow of information is not always popular with all posters, especially when it flies in the face of what they believe. In most cases, Bongo's information is solid.

"Bongo59" states that the nature of Jason's injury does not bode well for fulfilling his dream of playing in the National Football League.

"OK very simple to understand.................Bo's hip was completely dislocated out of the socket....(ball of the joint out of the socket)........the blood supply to the Femoral head (ball of the socket) is through the ligamentum teres.............if torn there is a loss of blood supply and resultant avascular necrosis.......that is a career ender...................Allen had a dislocation but the joint never jumped the acetabulum which is the socket the femoral head ( ball)fits into but he did tear his ligament and lost blood supply to the head of the femur.............meaning he is in severe danger of AVN............the docs are trying to work this issue up now...........his MRI was not good news and it is to be confirmed by PET scan this month.............bottomline..............he will not be drafted this yr because of this injury ...............no one will chance it.........and put serious money on the block...........Grant had a minor Fracture of the acetabular socket that did not effect the structural integrity of the joint or its motion and had no effect on the blood supply to the femoral head.........the bone healed without incident and no long term damage..................Priest Holmes had the same injury last yr.........i hope this helps."

How about emailing him & finding out for sure?

Q: i have an HSA with FOrtis that i opened last jan and i put in the max amount and want to do so again but i have been told i can invest the deductible portion in the stock market instead of the fortis money market plan........who services this type of account and can i roll the 04 contribution in there and give thema check for the 05 contribution. I have not had any luck finding anyone locally who can answer this question.

my email - bongo59@comcast.net

A: 1

From here.

I still don't believe one person can be this close to all the teams involved & know this much detail without being part of the front office. The guy may actually work for various NFL teams as a trainer or team doctor, but I think most of what he posts is his own speculation based on what he hears IF in fact he is even associated with any NFL teams at all. With the amount of web time he obviously has I can't see how this guy can hold a job much less step foot out of his Mothers house....Hey, maybe it's TimC! :D