[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any sushi fans?

BigMikeinNY

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to a little Copper River Salmon carpaccio. Only a couple weeks now. :D

Had some Copper River last week--amazing. You must get the greatest salmon in the world out there. Mrs. Skins and I eat sushi and sashimi all the time. High quality toro and salmon are my favorites but I eat it all. The sushi, that is.

Had some Copper River last week--amazing. You must get the greatest salmon in the world out there. Mrs. Skins and I eat sushi and sashimi all the time. High quality toro and salmon are my favorites but I eat it all. The sushi, that is.

I've been eating it as fast as I can get it. Its tradition for me to hit Pike's Place Market the afternoon of May 15th when they have their first shipment flown down. I'm more of a fan of the sockeye than king but both have hit the grill a few times already. I heard they shortened the season this year so we might not see the prices hit the lows of the past years. Usually by July, the prices are pretty low and I can stock up for the year.

I've been eating it as fast as I can get it. Its tradition for me to hit Pike's Place Market the afternoon of May 15th when they have their first shipment flown down. I'm more of a fan of the sockeye than king but both have hit the grill a few times already. I heard they shortened the season this year so we might not see the prices hit the lows of the past years. Usually by July, the prices are pretty low and I can stock up for the year.

A fisherman up there says that they had a really late winter up there and it has affected the migration which missed the fishing season window. They are shortly deciding whether or not to lengthen the season...

I think I saw a big sign at a local Whole Foods advertising this fish.

I am becoming obsessed with Sushi. I am travelling alot this summer, just to the 4 cities in Tennessee. and I know every Sushi place in each of them. Eating it at least 3 times a week now. I think it has become my favorite food because I find myself craving it all the time. Maybe I am pregnant... :D

I am becoming obsessed with Sushi. I am travelling alot this summer, just to the 4 cities in Tennessee. and I know every Sushi place in each of them. Eating it at least 3 times a week now. I think it has become my favorite food because I find myself craving it all the time. Maybe I am pregnant... :D

Agreed, I am at the point now, 4 out of 5 times I eat out is for sushi

spider roll

dragon roll- favorite by far

unagi

ebi

tuna

maybe some tempura - and loads of wasabi :D

and yes Copper River is unreal- kind of a marketing gimmick, however...$$$$$.

I dont like the Sushi places where they put food on a conveyor belt and it comes around in front of you and you just grab a plate. They dont label the plate so u have no idea what is in the roll or what it is you are getting. Tried a new spot yesterday that did that, and none of the employees peeky engrish so they couldnt tell me what was what. I wont be going back there...

I agree. Those places are a bit sketchy....something about putting raw fish out there and then letting it go around in circles.

I did have sushi for lunch today....but not from a conveyor belt.

I'm heading back up to Seattle the next 2 weekends. I can guarantee that I will be hitting both Shiro's and Wasabi Bistro.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

Do you know Sakura in Jackson? :D

I ate lunch in Jackson today and wish I had read this post before I did. I have 1 BIG customer in Jackson and dont spend anytime there typically. Next time I am there, probably next week, I will eat at Sakura and give you a review. When I said the 4 cities in Tennessee, I was referring to Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, and Chattanooga. I am actually surprised that you have even heard of Jackson, TN. How do you know if it and Sakura? What do you recommend there?

Conveyor Belts- he11 naw- I don't do conveyor belts, or any kind of buffet- ever

I NEVER eat at buffets. Except for 1. Its called Rhu Sans and it is an all you can eat sushi place in Nashville. it is off the charts and I try to eat myself into a food coma every time I go there. Again, I will never go to any buffets but this place is the one that I make an exception for. if any huddlers can ever make it to Nashville, I will treat you to the best buffet of sushi anywhere on the planet!!

Agreed, I am at the point now, 4 out of 5 times I eat out is for sushi

spider roll

dragon roll- favorite by far

unagi

ebi

tuna

maybe some tempura - and loads of wasabi :D

and yes Copper River is unreal- kind of a marketing gimmick, however...$$$$$.

A place here makes a "Philadelphia Roll" with avocado, cream cheese, and smoked salmon. :smacks lips:

A place here makes a "Philadelphia Roll" with avocado, cream cheese, and smoked salmon. :smacks lips:

If you can talk those other funny talking yankees into it, I will take you guys out for some sushi after we have drinks when I am in Chicago next week!

I am actually surprised that you have even heard of Jackson, TN. How do you know if it and Sakura? What do you recommend there?

It's about the halfway point between here and Dayton, Ohio. We usually make it our stopping point when we travel to Yankeeland to visit my sister. Sakura is a little Japanese/sushi bar right across from the Casey Jones Hotel and Museum. We typically stay at one of the hotels off that exit and just happened across Sakura a couple years back. Pretty solid sushi, especially when you consider the location. If you're in the area, give it a try. :D

It's about the halfway point between here and Dayton, Ohio. We usually make it our stopping point when we travel to Yankeeland to visit my sister. Sakura is a little Japanese/sushi bar right across from the Casey Jones Hotel and Museum. We typically stay at one of the hotels off that exit and just happened across Sakura a couple years back. Pretty solid sushi, especially when you consider the location. If you're in the area, give it a try. :D

Next time you come through, you guys need to stay with us in Nashville instead of stopping in Jackson. We will give you alot nicer place to stay than the "Put It Inn" over in Jackson. And we will take you out for a real meal in NashVegas! We would love to have you guys stay with us. Just let me know when!

p.s. You arent allergic to wool are you? :D

:D I would have to be stranded on an island without any food before I would eat raw fish. In fact if someone were with me I may kill them and eat them before I ate raw fish. :D Well, maybe not, but I would have to be awful hungry to eat raw fish.

Have you ever tried Sushi?

Have you ever tried Sushi?

I will admit I never have. I will admit that this is close minded of me. However, I cannot eat something that does not appeal to me. Thats my opinion for now. Maybe in the future I will change. Many years ago I would not eat broccoli but now I love it. It took smothering the broccoli in cheese sauce for me to eat it. Now I eat it raw. Maybe I could cover the sushi in cheese sauce? :D Nah! I will wait until I am stranded on an island, thank you very much. In the mean time you enjoy yourself. There will be more for you. I hear there is a shortage of fish anyways, right? :D

I will admit I never have. I will admit that this is close minded of me. However, I cannot eat something that does not appeal to me. Thats my opinion for now. Maybe in the future I will change. Many years ago I would not eat broccoli but now I love it. It took smothering the broccoli in cheese sauce for me to eat it. Now I eat it raw. Maybe I could cover the sushi in cheese sauce? :D Nah! I will wait until I am stranded on an island, thank you very much. In the mean time you enjoy yourself. There will be more for you. I hear there is a shortage of fish anyways, right? :D

Joe, you are a tool. You come into an "I Love Sushi" thread saying how sushi sucks. Then you admit that you have never even tried it. And you wont try it even in light of the fact that dozens of us in this thread are addicted to it. How old are you? 15?