[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Father - in -Law

MikesVikes

Prayers on the way.

My mother in law has had a stroke before. She recovered from it. She was also lucky because it happened while she was at the clinic waiting for an appointment. The family has had an extensive history of medical issues so they aren't going to panic every time a person has to go to the hospital. My mother in law has had a ton of things happen to her in her lifetime medical wise. She has had a heart transplant, a kidney transplant, and many, many other things. It's a routine thing when she goes into the hospital. Not so much so for my father in law. It's been almost 20 years since her heart transplant. She is fortunate to even know her grandkids and now great grandkids.

This morning, it sounds like he is doing much better. They may even move him to a regular room at the hospital.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that my wife spent some time at the emergency room this week, too. Away from home from 7 pm to 3:30 am for it. She had pains in her upper stomach just like someone here mentioned that happened to them. Back in August she was scheduled to have an colonoscopy but it was cancelled on the day she was going to have it. Cancelled when they found some bacteria infection from eating some bad chit at a restaurant. Unfortunately she did the prep for the test since she didn't know it was cancelled until the day of. She was one pissed lady, but also glad that it was something we thought was not going to return.

Edited by MikesVikes

UPDATE: To say that things worked out well would be an understatement. Friday was the day that he went into the hospital. They told us that if things went well, he'd be able to get out in 10 days or 2 weeks. Well things worked out better than well since he came home Sunday, only two days later!

When he went into the emergency room that day, he signed off on some experimental medicine that they had. We all believe that this is the reason that he had (or eventually will have) a full recovery. He doesn't have full use of his one side yet, but that is coming.

He is the person that takes care of his wife 24/7 as she would never survive on her own. Getting her daily medications in order is quite a job that he always did. She takes over 2 dozen different types of medications. So our family has to take care of both of them for awhile. My wife is available now to do that. I have to give him a shot once a day, so it looks like I get to poke an additional family member for awhile. :D

UPDATE:  To say that things worked out well would be an understatement.  Friday was the day that he went into the hospital.  They told us that if things went well, he'd be able to get out in 10 days or 2 weeks.  Well things worked out better than well since he came home Sunday, only two days later!

When he went into the emergency room that day, he signed off on some experimental medicine that they had.  We all believe that this is the reason that he had (or eventually will have) a full recovery.  He doesn't have full use of his one side yet, but that is coming. 

He is the person that takes care of his wife 24/7 as she would never survive on her own.  Getting her daily medications in order is quite a job that he always did.  She takes over 2 dozen different types of medications.  So our family has to take care of both of them for awhile.  My wife is available now to do that.  I have to give him a shot once a day, so it looks like I get to poke an additional family member for awhile.  :D

1469509[/snapback]

Good news, MikesVikes!

:D

UPDATE:  To say that things worked out well would be an understatement.  Friday was the day that he went into the hospital.  They told us that if things went well, he'd be able to get out in 10 days or 2 weeks.  Well things worked out better than well since he came home Sunday, only two days later!

When he went into the emergency room that day, he signed off on some experimental medicine that they had.  We all believe that this is the reason that he had (or eventually will have) a full recovery.  He doesn't have full use of his one side yet, but that is coming. 

He is the person that takes care of his wife 24/7 as she would never survive on her own.  Getting her daily medications in order is quite a job that he always did.  She takes over 2 dozen different types of medications.  So our family has to take care of both of them for awhile.  My wife is available now to do that.  I have to give him a shot once a day, so it looks like I get to poke an additional family member for awhile.  :D

1469509[/snapback]

I am so glad that the new drug has worked out well and he already at home. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with him and your family and hope that he fully recovers from the stroke. :D