[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit Tigers have the best record in baseball

Puddy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are tied for the best record.

but this should be a nice race in the central, this is bad news for Cleveland and Minnesota fans. With both teams way out in front of the division, it's unlikely that both will come back to the pack.

it's always fun to see a close race between two good teams.

Edited by whitem0nkey

detroit only played 7 games against teams currently over .500. In those games they are 3-4 including being swept at home by the white sox. They are also 19-8 against teams currently under .500.

both sox and detroit schedules get hard at the same time, By the All-Star break we'll have a very good idea of what kind of team detroit is.

also detroit played 23 of their first 38 games on the road, so 16-7 road record is nice.

I see positives in Detroit being competitive all year (As long as the Sox come out on top, that is). It will keep the Sox focused. both teams will benefit from this when they go to the playoffs.

Its good to see the power in baseball shift to the AL Central.

detroit only played 7 games against teams currently over .500. In those games they are 3-4 including being swept at home by the white sox. They are also 19-8 against teams currently under .500.

both sox and detroit schedules get hard at the same time, By the All-Star break we'll have a very good idea of what kind of team detroit is.

also detroit played 23 of their first 38 games on the road, so 16-7 road record is nice.

I see positives in Detroit being competitive all year (As long as the Sox come out on top, that is). It will keep the Sox focused. both teams will benefit from this when they go to the playoffs.

Its good to see the power in baseball shift to the AL Central.

1473537[/snapback]

It's always difficult to point to the teams being below .500 as a real barometer of the other teams success. A big reason the teams are below .500 is that the Tigers are 19-8 against them. Chicken and the egg theory, I guess.

I have no grand dellusions that the Tigers will unseat the world champs this year. I'm just enjoying this team for the first time in a long time. The pitching staff will be the reason we remain in contention if in fact we do. We lost the second most games in MLB history just 3 seasons ago, so this is fun.

Edited by Puddy

Detroit is on fire! I have been following em b/c I have Pudge, Guillen, Ordonez & even Granderson(bench) :D on my fantasy squad.

When Detroit was in town we were sitting right down by the on deck circle, behind home plate. Well, it was a Friday night and by the time we got to the game we were LOADED- We got all over Pudge, every AB.

:D

ROID BOY- jesus your skinny now? what happened??

Warning Track Power you SUCK!

Nice Gold Chains!

You need to get on the good stuff like Pujols!

Rabbit ears heard every word. Top of 9, what does little man do- hits a bomb to dead center - toughes place to hit one out at Safeco by far. As he rounds 3rd- looks directly at us , and mouths FU- and points with both hands right at us.

It was great- became kind of a Pudge/Tiger fan after that. And the M's are the blandest team in MLB.

I'm just enjoying this team for the first time in a long time.  The pitching staff will be the reason we remain in contention if in fact we do.  We lost the second most games in MLB history just 3 seasons ago, so this is fun.

1473689[/snapback]

Robertson, Bonderman, Maroth and Verlander have just 9 seasons of starting pitching experience combined between the four of them. thats kinda scarry for the rest of the teams, you should have some nice pitchng for a while.

Detroit has gone a long time since they were competitve. I do not mind them being a player in the AL, especially compared to Minnesota (2001-2004) and Cleveland (1995-1999). It would be great to see the Sox win the Division and Detroit get the WC. Between the Sox, Indians and Tigers, you have three great historic franchises that slowly were mismanaged, forgotten, and biscuits on for many years while the Yankees, Red Sox and Cubs got excessive attention.

IMO This is easily the best division in baseball.

1473774[/snapback]

Cleveland will get hot at some point and win 17 of 20 but I've liked the Tigers pitching better than the Indians from the start. The White Sox are easily the best team in baseball and the Twins are a sleeper capable of beating anyone on any day. Problem is the Royals are so bad it drags the rest of the division down slightly. But I agree, this is the best division in baseball.

I expect us to go through some growing pains at some point and slide out of the playoff race...but I think this is a good thing for years to come, I think this year is the year we become a over 500 club that contends for a wildcard, next year and the following are the years I expect us to become serious playoff contenders, I think right now is still to early for this pitching staff to stand strong for a whole season.

That being said, who knows, we have the hitting and fielding in place. I sure am enjoying it.

I expect us to go through some growing pains at some point and slide out of the playoff race...but I think this is a good thing for years to come, I think this year is the year we become a over 500 club that contends for a wildcard, next year and the following are the years I expect us to become serious playoff contenders, I think right now is still to early for this pitching staff to stand strong for a whole season.

That being said, who knows, we have the hitting and fielding in place. I sure am enjoying it.

1482357[/snapback]

+1

They have great young pitching, and I think this will be a year were they will fade before the long haul. But they (the pitching) will keep this them highly competitive for the next 2-4 years depending on how GM will handle it. Also we should not be surprised if the sox and tigers make the playoffs.

And you still can’t count out the twins and Indians.

I'm happy to see the Tigers succeed after sticking with the youth in their pitching staff the last couple of years and building a team around the style of play that they really wanted.

As for the Twins.....unless their ptiching staff pulls it's collective head out of it's ass, then we are done for the year. :D

Of course, Santana is the exception here.

And as much as I miss A.J. Pierzynski (horribly misspelled I know) in MN, we did get a helluva deal for him - Nathan, Liriano, and Bonser - 3 pitchers of which one is our closer, and 2 are now starters - all from the Giants organization. The Chi-Sox got a good one when the signed him (was it as a FA? not sure).

No offense to those who are their fans.........but FRUK CLEVELAND!

Impressive. Anyone else think Jim leyland is a lock to  win AL Manger of the yr.

Det young pitching could keep them in it for a while, but eventually Cleveland or ChiSox will win this division.

1482428[/snapback]

I have always thought Leyland was a great coach..I thought he kept the Pirates overachieving for years, IMO he is the biggest reason for our turn around and will have high expectations for our team as long as he is the coach.

Cleveland will get hot at some point and win 17 of 20 but I've liked the Tigers pitching better than the Indians from the start.  The White Sox are easily the best team in baseball and the Twins are a sleeper capable of beating anyone on any day.  Problem is the Royals are so bad it drags the rest of the division down slightly.  But I agree, this is the best division in baseball.

1479893[/snapback]

Certainly. I'm not sure what's more surprising: The Tigers doing so well or the Indians playing such horribly mediocre baseball. I'd be surprised if the Wild Card didn't come out of the Central this year.

Detroit is fun to watch, and I doubt their pitching will hold up over the course of the year. They better pay attention to those young arms, though...overwork them now, and they'll be about as intimidating as Puddy on the mound. :D

Regardless, a nice start for a team that could be in the mix if they keep it up. Can't wait for the White Sox to play them again.

they'll be about as intimidating as Puddy on the mound. :D

1490260[/snapback]

I was badass pitching 'strikeout' against my friends back in the day.

Bottom of the 9th rally helped the Tigers prevent a 4-game sweep by the Yankees at home. We are only 1-6 against the Yankees and White Sox so far this year :D

We have the Red Sox and White Sox next. We'll see how that goes.