[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit Tigers have the best record in baseball

Puddy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

46th win in 70 games. We only won 43 in 162 games in 2003. Not sure when the carriage will turn back into a pumpkin, but this sure is fun right now. I only wish the White Sox would stop playing so well :D

Edited by Puddy

46th win in 70 games. We only won 43 in 162 games in 2003. Not sure when the carriage will turn back into a pumpkin, but this sure is fun right now. I only wish the White Sox would stop playing so well :D

I think the Tigers will win the division when all is said and done and the White Sox will win the wild card.

Yeah they swept the cubs. :D Big f'in deal !

They were on the schedule which MLB created. Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat. It's funny that many people were saying the same thing about the White Sox run last year. Interesting. :D

They were on the schedule which MLB created. Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat. It's funny that many people were saying the same thing about the White Sox run last year. Interesting. :D

Just to give you a hint I am a lifelong White Sox fan :D

It’s a real nice race so far. Every time the sox lose so do the tigers, and visa versa. And Minnesota is quietly making a little run at it. They just won their 7th in a row, and are 11.5 games out. By the end of the month they can be 6-7 games out and make it even more interesting.

ESPN power rankings so far :D

I dont agree with the mets being first. I dont see how a team that plays in the monir league.......I mean the national league can be in first.

Im ok with detroit being in front of the sox eventhough, the sox are 5-1 VS the tigers and the tigers flopped against some good teams. the White Sox are 23-9 against teams with current record of .500 or better versus Detroit 's 19-15 against .500 or better.

also baltimore beat the mets 2 out of 3 games...............who are the 27th best team per this ranking.

Im ok with detroit being in front of the sox eventhough, the sox are 5-1 VS the tigers and the tigers flopped against some good teams. the White Sox are 23-9 against teams with current record of .500 or better versus Detroit 's 19-15 against .500 or better.

The Sox are second, the Tigers third.

Except for the fact that the Sox actually won series against elite teams last year. :D

Well the Tigers and Sox are sure having parallel seasons. Both teams come from behind yesterday to win in extra innings. This is some exciting baseball.

I can only hope that Guillen's theatrics will eventually be enough of a distraction to cause a hiccup in the White Sox on field play. :D

This is absolutely incredible. THe Tigers get 3 runs late to sweep the Cards and things are good. I then watch the White Sox go down 9 - 1 to the Astros. Finally can get a game on the Sox in the standings.

Well they are now in the bottom of the 10th tied 9 - 9. F'n Iguchi hits a 3-run homer in the 8th and then a grand slam in the 9th to tie the ball game.

:D

I can only hope that Guillen's theatrics will eventually be enough of a distraction to cause a hiccup in the White Sox on field play. :D

I think the players actually like it, it take the spotligh off the players, and they just worry about playing.

too bad when ever the time will come when the sox are not winning that everybody in the media will try to run ozzie out of town.

Won't happen. Those guys love Ozzie and, if anything, will player harder for him when he's under fire.

If the Sox fall, it will be because Garland continues to get hit hard and Garcia and Vazquez continue to be inconsistent.

Wait until he disrespects one of his players and see how the lockerroom turns on him especially if they go through a rough spot and if for some reason they don't make the playoffs.

Tough edgey coaches work well for a long period of time but eventually their act wears a bit thin. Good thing you guys won a championship though. The worst is when you have a coach like that and you don't win anything.

We kind of felt the same way with Larry Brown. We delt with his BS for two years but at least the Pistons won the championship one of those years.

Wait until he disrespects one of his players and see how the lockerroom turns on him especially if they go through a rough spot and if for some reason they don't make the playoffs.

You haven't been paying attention. Ozzie has been brutally honest with his players since '04 (when they didn't make the playoffs) and there haven't been any significant problems. He called out Frank Thomas right after he was named manager and nothing ever came of it. Frank played extremely well until suffering an ankle injury that June. Ozzie "disrespected" El Duque last summer and took him out of the rotation. El Duque's response was one of the most clutch relief performances in franchise history in Game 3 of the ALDS. Ozzie also called out Bobby Jenks for showing up to Spring Training out of shape. Jenks responded by becoming one of the elite AL closers this season.

Seriously, Ozzie isn't even close to being in danger of losing his players. If you're waiting for the Sox to implode because of Guillen's mouth, you're going to be waiting a loooong time.

Tough edgey coaches work well for a long period of time but eventually their act wears a bit thin. Good thing you guys won a championship though. The worst is when you have a coach like that and you don't win anything.

We kind of felt the same way with Larry Brown. We delt with his BS for two years but at least the Pistons won the championship one of those years.

Tough, edgy coaches win (Ditka, Parcells, Gruden, Cowher). They demand that their players buy into their systems and they don't put up with selfishness. The fact that egomaniacs like Stephon Marbury can't get along with people like Larry Brown says more about Marbury being a loser than Brown not being able to coach effectively.

The Tigers are HOT!

Twins' streak fruitless in Central race:

Minnesota still 11 games back despite winning 15 of 16

The club has put together what can only be described as a torrid winning spell over the past couple of weeks, winning 16 of its last 18 games. The Twins currently have won seven straight games and six straight series.

But as to how it has affected their place in the American League Central division?

Since the winning stretch started on June 8, the Twins have gained a total of a half-game in the division race. Entering their game in Seattle on that day, which they won 7-3, the Twins trailed the Tigers by 11 1/2 games to remain in third place. And now, after having lost only once at home and once on the road during that stretch, they still trail Detroit by 11 games and trail the White Sox for the Wild Card by 8 1/2 games.

"It's unbelievable that you could have three teams playing that well all at once, especially all three of us being in the same division," Redmond said. "It's really unbelievable."

It seems to be the sentiment taken by most of the Twins as they continue to roll on their recent hot streak. With Detroit and Chicago on similar winning streaks as the Twins, there doesn't appear to be much movement going on in terms of raising their place in the standings.

"That [stinks], doesn't it?" Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said of the club's inability to gain ground. "It's nice when we keep doing it, but the other guys keep winning, too. You can't do anything about it."

The Twins are running off one of their most impressive stretches since the 1991 Twins won 15 straight en route to their World Series title.

Almost everyone in the clubhouse is left shaking their heads. "The way we're winning, I don't think I've seen anything like this," Torii Hunter said. "I've surely never been a part of anything like this. We're kicking people's butts and I'm loving it."

During their recent streak of winning 15 of 16 games, the Twins have also swept four of five three-game series against teams like the Red Sox, Cubs and Dodgers.

"I've been telling people that never in all my years of baseball, I don't think I've been a part of a stretch this long," Redmond said "It's tough to sweep teams and that's just what we keep doing."

"Streaks are really amazing, but I don't know if this is a streak anymore," Gardenhire said. "I just think we're just playing great baseball."

And while many of the Twins admit that it's difficult to look up at the scoreboard every night and see the other two teams ahead of them in the division continue to win ballgames, it's something they aren't dwelling on too much.

"We know that we still play those teams quite a few more times," Redmond said. "That's the thing about playing each team 19 times. It's a true test and the team that wins the division is usually the best team.

"We're not seeming to make any ground right now, but we can't control that. All we can do is keep this run as long as we can. And man, this is fun."