[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit Tigers have the best record in baseball

Puddy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ther is still 2 months of baseball left and every team will have bumps along the way, but as a sox fan, I'm real worried. and not just for this year but the next few. the tigers also drafted some nice pitchers this draft.

That's the worst sig line I've every seen. Top line is fine, the other two lines are pathetic.

And yes, 2 months is a long time.

It would be a good idea IMO if my Tigers went out after another quality reliever. I am not sold on Jones, and Walker cannot keep doing what he is doing. I do believe Rodney is gonna stay steady, but I would like 1 more quality reliever. I am convinced our starting rotation is gonna stay solid. I am convinced of our lineup(which I thought our lineup would be good as long as we could stay relatively injury free anyways). our Bullpen is the thing that scares me for the playoff run. to bad we could not pry Gordon away from Philly.

It would be a good idea IMO if my Tigers went out after another quality reliever. I am not sold on Jones, and Walker cannot keep doing what he is doing. I do believe Rodney is gonna stay steady, but I would like 1 more quality reliever. I am convinced our starting rotation is gonna stay solid. I am convinced of our lineup(which I thought our lineup would be good as long as we could stay relatively injury free anyways). our Bullpen is the thing that scares me for the playoff run. to bad we could not pry Gordon away from Philly.

Zumaya is a stud guy throws in the triple digits and is very young. Raw talent who could develop into the closer and Rodney is very good too. Todd Jones was on PTI today and was talking about how they have good guys up and down the lineup but no WOW guy and I think that's dead on. With Inge stepping up with 19 HRs he has filled the chart completely. Now if only Shelton would only start hitting the dang ball again :D

I'm curious as to what you Tigers fans think about Brandon Inge?? He's a local boy from VA. I knew he had the talent, but i didnt expect him to be a regular, and a regular that produces!!!!! Is he well known in Detroit? Do yall like him? He's lasted a while as a Tiger.

Thoughts???

I'm curious as to what you Tigers fans think about Brandon Inge?? He's a local boy from VA. I knew he had the talent, but i didnt expect him to be a regular, and a regular that produces!!!!! Is he well known in Detroit? Do yall like him? He's lasted a while as a Tiger.

Thoughts???

He's very well liked as a Tiger, probably toward the top 5 in terms of likability. We really like the intangibles he brings to the team and the big homers only help.

Sorry I keep "hijacking" this thread, but the Twins are now only one game behind the Sox.... looking to complete the sweep in Chicago tonight. I would be surprised if it happens, though, with Silva going against Buehrle. Either way, Minnesota has to be the hottest team in baseball since early June. Since the 10th of June, they are 30-7, to bring their record to 58-41 after starting 28-34. Now, with Hunter out, they are playing their best ball yet, and it's the young guys that are getting it done. Not just Mauer, Liriano, Morneau, and Cuddyer, but also no-names like Punto and Tyner. I can't help but be happy for the Tigers as well, though. They have been amazing thus far. Should be a very exciting last 2+ months of the season.

Sorry I keep "hijacking" this thread, but the Twins are now only one game behind the Sox.... looking to complete the sweep in Chicago tonight. I would be surprised if it happens, though, with Silva going against Buehrle. Either way, Minnesota has to be the hottest team in baseball since early June. Since the 10th of June, they are 30-7, to bring their record to 58-41 after starting 28-34. Now, with Hunter out, they are playing their best ball yet, and it's the young guys that are getting it done. Not just Mauer, Liriano, Morneau, and Cuddyer, but also no-names like Punto and Tyner. I can't help but be happy for the Tigers as well, though. They have been amazing thus far. Should be a very exciting last 2+ months of the season.

They have been nothing short of incredible. I keep waiting for the Liriano bubble to burst but I think I may be waiting a while.

Guest Cherni

I just want to congratulate all you Tigers fans for a great season so far. It's been a long time coming but I think you'll be really good for the forseeable future. I was a doubter the first few months but they're for real and what a great young staff!!! :D

Edited by Cherni

Tigers acquired Sean Casey from Pittsburgh for a minor league pitcher. Not a hugh deal but does get a veteran left handed bat in the lineup for the stretch run.

They also optioned Chris Shelton to Triple A Toledo. Wow - what a difference from the first few weeks of the season when Shelton was putting up historical numbers.

Went to the game against the Tribe last night with my daughter and 40 of her schoolmates. Took the school bus which of course had no air conditioning. We get there a bit early so me and my girl go to Leo's Coney Island inside the park so we can sit down and eat before the game starts. $20 later we are at our seats. She says she's feeling a little thirsty so I buy two Aquafina's for $7.00. Figured I'd get an $8 beer ($2 tip for the guy sweating around carrying them).

Tigers go down 3-0 in the top of the first. By the bottom of the first inning my daughter says..."Dad, I'm not feeling good, I wish you would have drove separately". She never gets sick or complains without a reason. Went down to the shaded area and she never felt good. My wife comes and picks us up so I spent $37 plus my ticket and watched less than one inning :D

After being down 5-0 the Tigers claw back to win 7-6 on a two-out two-run homer from Craig Monroe in the bottom of the 8th. I missed all of it :D

i haven't been here much but the tigers deserves hugh props. unbelievable yr. they are doing everything well right now. as a hugh sox fan, i'm definetly worried. the pitching staff is not performing as thought. even if they were, they might not be in first. the twins also deserve hugh props. small market team competing?? awesome. its very easy to conceive that the world champs might not make the playoffs. should be an exciting finish though.

HUGH win for Radke and the Twins tonight, following the loss of Liriano. Hopefully Silva has it all worked out now, and we'll at least be back to our big 3 of Santana, Radke, and Silva. Looks like it's time to make the call and bring up Garza to see what he can do.

this should be a fun weekend for both sox and tiger fans. Good luck to you guys, for me im already in october. with the 8 1/2 game lead that the tigers have each pitch is so important.

todays pitchers are. Contreras and verlander

Verlander Vs the Sox this season:

2 GS (0-2) 8.2 IP, 14 H, 11 ER, 4 HR, 3 BB, 4 K | 11.42 ERA, 1.96 WHIP, .368 BAA

Contreras Vs the Tigers this season:

3 GS (2-1) 22 IP, 19 H, 5 ER, 2 HR, 6 BB, 7 K | 2.05 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, .232 BAA

I guess this comes from not contending for a long time but I'm still nervous. I think our pitching is still a concern with the possible exception of Verlander and maybe Zumaya and their both rookies.

I hope they jump on the Sox early otherwise I think it could be a long series then we have the Red Sox at Fenway; I'd be happy with 3 out of 6.

I guess this comes from not contending for a long time but I'm still nervous. I think our pitching is still a concern with the possible exception of Verlander and maybe Zumaya and their both rookies.

i have more confidence in your starters than i do in mine.

and if the sox take 2 out of 3 or sweep, it doe not hurt you that bad, but if the sox lose 2 out of 3 or get swept, than you have preaty much won the division with a sweep.

this should be a fun weekend for both sox and tiger fans. Good luck to you guys, for me im already in october. with the 8 1/2 game lead that the tigers have each pitch is so important.

todays pitchers are. Contreras and verlander

Verlander Vs the Sox this season:

2 GS (0-2) 8.2 IP, 14 H, 11 ER, 4 HR, 3 BB, 4 K | 11.42 ERA, 1.96 WHIP, .368 BAA

Contreras Vs the Tigers this season:

3 GS (2-1) 22 IP, 19 H, 5 ER, 2 HR, 6 BB, 7 K | 2.05 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, .232 BAA

More of the same tonight. Contreras decided to pitch like he was in the first half tonight and Verlander continued to struggle against Chicago. I was clamoring for Leyland to take Verlander out after the Thome homerun as he obviously didn't 'have it' tonight, but he left him in a few batters too long.