[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mavs in 6 for the Championship

Sgt. Ryan

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

1497801[/snapback]

They played great, maybe now the Nowitzki is soft stuff will stop being said.

I will be rooting for them against the Heat. but I expect the Heat to be to much for them, Shaq takes over when he has to still and Wade can keep them rolling while he is on the bench.

They played great, maybe now the Nowitzki is soft stuff will stop being said.

I will be rooting for them against the Heat. but I expect the Heat to be to much for them, Shaq takes over when he has to still and Wade can keep them rolling while he is on the bench.

1497805[/snapback]

I agree with this analysis. :D

Hope you're right, but this is not a good matchup for the Heat. The Mavs crushed them during the regular season, though this team has evolved since then.

Dirk is incredible. If the Heat weren't in it, I'd be rooting for the Mavs against anyone else. Great, great player and a fun team to watch. The depth on that team is incredible. The second 5 guys are probably better than half the teams in the league.

i'm torn here...... I've always been a shaq guy & D-wade being from marquette makes him a fav of mine too..... but.....

part of me loves dirk & the mavs as well. i'm a stackhouse fan.... i'm a avery johnson fan but most of all Jason Terry is a franklin HS product.... only 5 miles from my casa. I guarantee you most of seattle is pulling for him.

my hope is for a buzzer beater in game 7.

I'm torn as well. I like Miami with Shaq as he has really grown on me over the years. I also like Wade...but I can't stand Payton. I used to live in Dallas and find it easy to root for the Mavs (not so for the Cowboys) as they used to be in the NBA basement as far as a franchise and it is good to see a team finally on the verge of a championship.

That...and my brother looks like Dirk Nowitzki...:D

Edited by I Like Soup

Hope you're right, but this is not a good matchup for the Heat.  The Mavs crushed them during the regular season, though this team has evolved since then.

Dirk is incredible.  If the Heat weren't in it, I'd be rooting for the Mavs against anyone else.  Great, great player and a fun team to watch.  The depth on that team is incredible.  The second 5 guys are probably better than half the teams in the league.

1497889[/snapback]

I like this matchup for the Heat myself.Who is gonna stop Shaq on the Mavs?

The Mavs are gonna need Diop to have his best series ever. if he could somehow stay out of foul trouble it would be humongous.

i'm a avery johnson fan but most of all Jason Terry is a franklin HS product.... only 5 miles from my casa. I guarantee you most of seattle is pulling for him.

1497898[/snapback]

Uh, Gary Payton?

Some people remember Jason Terry making a commitment to play basketball at their alma mater before reneging and going to a Pac-10 rival.

And being a product of Franklin High School isn't necessarily something to brag about.

Uh, Gary Payton?

Some people remember Jason Terry making a commitment to play basketball at their alma mater before reneging and going to a Pac-10 rival.

And being a product of Franklin High School isn't necessarily something to brag about.

1498000[/snapback]

Exactly,

I want to see Shaq win one without Kobe and after all the blood, sweat, and tears Gary left on the floor in Seattle I'd like to see him get a ring. Not many guys played harder than him.

Dallas will throw 4 players and their 6 fouls a piece at Shaq and watch him choke at the FT line. Wade will be a huge matchup problem for anyone, and Josh Howard/Adrian Griffin will have their work cut out for them for sure, but this is the beginning and the end of the matchups problems for Dallas. Dirk is going to get his 25/10 a night, Howard will get his, and believe it or not the guards will get Shaq in foul trouble driving to the hoop. Shaq also wears down in the end of games. Miami is not a good shooting team, who doesnt play great defense. Dallas is a good shooting team who wont play great defense either. But the difference is this series is Dallas will hit their FT down the stretch, and are a much deeper team, to throw more bodies at the 2 headed monster of Shaq and Wade.

Now 3 yrs ago, Shaq would have made a bigger difference in this series, but he is not the player he used to be, and that will even the playing field. I simply dont see Dallas losing 4 games to Miami a team, whom they trashed twice already this season, with and without Shaq. If Dallas gets a big lead, which they will in at least 2 of these games, Miami doesnt have the shooters, ability to come back like San Antonio or Phoenix did. Dallas will blow out Miami in at least 2 games, win a close one, and steal the series in a game Miami led most of the game. THus Dallas in 6. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Always amazing to see Shaq lead the league in FG % (60) but shoot 40% from the line....

At least Van Horn will finally be useful this series....that is he'll get to use all 6 of his fouls on Shaq.

1498043[/snapback]

Two Van Horns couldn't guard Shaq.

They will need all of Diop's and Dampier's fouls. The suspension of Mbanga or whatever his name is actually somewhat meaningful now.

I cannot STAND the NBA Championship schedule. Why they don't stick to the 2-2-1-1-1 as with the prior rounds is beyond me. 2 games in Dallas, then THREE in Miami? If Miami sneaks out a win in the first two, they might just win this. If Dallas is up 2-0 going to South Beach, I think they win in 6.

Edited by darin3

I cannot STAND the NBA Championship schedule.  Why they don't stick to the 2-2-1-1-1 as with the prior rounds is beyond me.  2 games in Dallas, then THREE in Miami? 

1498053[/snapback]

They changed it in the 80's when the Finals were frequently the Celtics vs. the Lakers and there were complaints of too much travel time under the 2-2-1-1-1 format for those distant cities.

I agree with Private Ryan on this one- Dallas is the better, deeper more talented team and will prevail in 6. Shaq & Wade will get theirs but Dallas is too deep, has too many quality perimeter defenders to throw at Wade. Shaq? please- Dirk is the unguardable big man in the series. I think this is a really bad matchup for Miami- and they will get exposed. I think the flow of the games will be similar to the Phoe series, only in the fact that the games will be close in the first half, and Mavs depth allows em to pull away in the 3rd, 4th quarters.

I think the better question is who in the hell on Miami can guard JT/Harris combo-

a dinosaur in GP & Jwill?? ridiuclous.

not to mention Howard is sick, Stack off the bench- they have too many quality players to throw at em- I hope it goes 7, and is close, but I just do not see it.

They changed it in the 80's when the Finals were frequently the Celtics vs. the Lakers and there were complaints of too much travel time under the 2-2-1-1-1 format for those distant cities.

1498055[/snapback]

Yeah, time to change.

Sarge's analysis is right on I think (other than the outcome hopefully). Lets not kid ourselves - Dallas is the favorite in this series. They're younger, quicker and deeper than Miami. Can Shaq come out and play well in every game this series and avoid the ticky tack fouls? If he doesn't, the Heat are dead.

Dirk and Wade will get theirs - neither team matches up well with these guys. Payton should gets lots of PT and be on Terry the entire time, but he can't stick Harris. If Harris is in the game (and I'm sure he'll be going back to the bench for Griffin to start), so should JWill. The key is Howard. I don't think Walker can guard him. Marquis Daniels should get more PT too, and I don't think Walker can guard him either. Posey is going to get huge minutes and should be on Howard/Daniels. If it was up to me, I'd start Posey, but they're not going to tinker with what's been working. Just don't think Twan is a good fit in this series at the 3 (not that he'll be much better at the 4 guarding Dirk either), but maybe he'll surprise me. He actually played some good D last series.

please- Dirk is the unguardable big man in the series.

1498065[/snapback]

Miami should put their #12 guy on to thump Nowitzki really hard. That will be all the gutless whining powder puff needs.

Miami should put their #12 guy on to thump Nowitzki really hard.  That will be all the gutless whining powder puff needs.

1498183[/snapback]

No kidding...Hack-A-Shaq doesn't exactly stop him...A Duke-Em-Out-Dirk strategy would be tough for him to overcome.

I like this matchup for the Heat myself.Who is gonna stop Shaq on the Mavs?

The Mavs are gonna need Diop to have his best series ever. if he could somehow stay out of foul trouble it would be humongous.

Now the Mavs get to run like they haven't been able to do since the Memphis series. It will be difficult for Shaq to have much of a defensive impact at all as much as I expect to see the Mavs run. If he is able to get back on defense, he should be slowed and tired and I expect to see the Mavs go right at him to get him in fould trouble. Offensively you let Shaq get his knowing he should be tired and slow from runing on defense. If he starts to get too dominant you fould him.

There are 4 maybe 5 guys that will be defending Wade and they can all chip in or better on offense (Stack, Howard, Griffin, Terry and Harris will probably all defend Wade at some point during the series, Stack will have the most problems).

Mavs in 6, like Sarge said. It should be fun to watch.

Miami should put their #12 guy on to thump Nowitzki really hard. That will be all the gutless whining powder puff needs.

The problem with that, nancy, is the only guys even remotely big enough to do that are too slow to catch Dirk. Posey is the only guy who has enough size and speed - almost. And Stack would kick Posey's a$$.

The problem with that, nancy, is the only guys even remotely big enough to do that are too slow to catch Dirk. Posey is the only guy who has enough size and speed - almost. And Stack would kick Posey's a$$.

All of a sudden Jerry Stackhouse is a world beater? Let's not get carried away. This guy defines streak player.....

Mavs take home nice little W- pull away late- a long way to go perhaps, but this is a tough tough matchup for the Heat. They are a limited team, Mavs have 2 many quality options on O, Dampier & Stack were solid off the bench. JT did whatever he wanted out there, picking up nicely for an off night for Dirk.

JT :D - has a great game, hittin shots from all over- and blows a wide open breakaway layup/fingeroll/ should I dunk it???- :D