[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mavs in 6 for the Championship

Sgt. Ryan

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirk and Josh average 42.2 ppg combined. They were held 16.2 points below that last night. Mavs still won by 10. You hold Shaq and Wade to 16 points less than what they average combined and the Heat lose by 30. I'd revise my call to Mavs in 5 but I was right about Posey, at least last night. If Avery can figure him out or if he has an off-night guarding Dirk, the Heat have no chance.

I'll say this, I thought it was over when Terry made that second three. Well, actually it was but I was impressed with the Heat's ability to get it back down to 4. I paced in the living room for the last 4:00 minutes of the game, couldn't sit down. I checked with Mark Cuban and he said there was lots of room for me on the bandwagon.

Edited by Clubfoothead

Ugh, Heat blew a winnable game there. Twan took too many shots and Wade forced many shots after the first quarter. And the Heat's zone was freaking awful. Terry was incredible and was the difference in that game. Hopefully the Heat can make adjustments before game 2.

Ugh, Heat blew a winnable game there. Twan took too many shots and Wade forced many shots after the first quarter. And the Heat's zone was freaking awful. Terry was incredible and was the difference in that game. Hopefully the Heat can make adjustments before game 2.

Cause you know Dallas will make adjustments

Still predict Mavs in 6, even though some in Dallas are thinking 5.

Avery Johnson does it again, He doubles Shaq with Dirk, forcing him to pass out over a 7 footer, which takes the ball out of his hands. The result, Dallas blows out Miami, and Shaq ends up with 5 pts, sits out the final 15 minutes due to ineffective play.

Im not going to say this series is over yet, but Dallas wont lose 3 games in a row, so they have 2 chances to win the Championship at home, if they dont win games 4 and 5 on the road and finish Miami off like every other team this playoff season, on the road.

Mavs are unbelievable this year, Im enjoying the ride.

Yeah- they are really playing well, fun to watch. Shaq had what 5 fg attempts?? I will go ahead and say it this baby is over-Miam is struggling to play them close at best, and most of the time they look like they don't belong on the same court with them. They can do whatever they want on O, and the D is playing nice as well- Power of the Western Conference is showing here.

How big is Dirk's 3 point play to tie the SA game???, once the Mavs cut down the nets?? I mean, it will go down as the biggest play in Dalls history obviously, and rank up there with tha all time great clutch plays in a Conf. Final or final -imo. When looking back on this= That is THE play.

I believe that when things go too well for too long you are overdue for something bad. Mavs had won too many in a row (4). I didn't like the Mavs being undefeated against Miami. I didn't like the Mavs being undefeated when Howard scores 20 or more. I didn't like all the local radio and TV talk about a sweep. I didn't like two bad games in a row from Shaq. I didn't like two bad games in a row from Wade.

Now the Mavs cab focus on winning two more games and calling it a summer. I'm sticking with the Mavs in 5. At least last night there was some drama, the 2 previous games had to have been pretty boring if you had no rooting interest.

:D Dangit I hate betting the under. I had a feeling this one would be close, and that the Heat would eek out a victory, so took them straight-up, but took the under (189). I HATE the under!

Shaping up to be a pretty good series. I don't think Shaq will get off to as good of a start in the next game... Dallas wins by 10+ in next game to go up 3-1. They'll get somewhat complacent, knowing they only need to win one more, and will lose the final game in Miami, leaving Florida up 3 games to 2. They'll wrap it up in the 6th game in Big D.

:D Dangit I hate betting the under. I had a feeling this one would be close, and that the Heat would eek out a victory, so took them straight-up, but took the under (189). I HATE the under!

Shaping up to be a pretty good series. I don't think Shaq will get off to as good of a start in the next game... Dallas wins by 10+ in next game to go up 3-1. They'll get somewhat complacent, knowing they only need to win one more, and will lose the final game in Miami, leaving Florida up 3 games to 2. They'll wrap it up in the 6th game in Big D.

I'll take that.

Terrible. Mavs had them on the ropes, and let them escape and gave them some life. Ridiculous, game 4 is big, if Miami comes out with confidence now- damn, whole series, momentum could change.

Love JT- but confuse me more!?? guy looses his mind out there sometimes.

This game was never close, Miami was up big, then Dallas up big, then Dallas gave the game to Miami on a silver platter. This wasnt a nail biter, or close game that had you on the edge of your seat. IT was a choke job by my Mavs, and they gave Miami which had no life with 6 mins left, new life. Dallas better take care of business like they had for 2 and 3/4 games and finish this in Miami. You never want to let a weaker team stick around.

With this 2-3-2 format it gives even more of an advantage to the home team as no team with the 3-straight games at home has never won (at least Mark Cuban said that last night on Letterman). They need to go back to 2-2-1-1-1 regardless of travel schedules. I see the Mavs winning in 6, just like the topic states.

After seeing that interview (Cuban-Letterman), I like Mark even more. The way he bashed Trump and the way he came out in jeans and a Roethlisberger jersey is priceless. :D

series tied 2-2. terrible game for the Mavs.

Yep- soft game for the Mavs they settled for jumpshots way too much. They had nice success attacking the basketball, not just Dirk the whole squad was settling gor the 20 ft jumper, even after they weren't dropping. They need to attack the rim, and the shots, entire offense clicks.

I mean start of the 4th- Miami has 3-4 minutes of not scoring, what does Dallas so?? shoot 22 ft. jumpers in the corners..... terrible. Well, this could shake out to be an interesting series, Mavs staring down 3-2 in the face heading home.

With this 2-3-2 format it gives even more of an advantage to the home team as no team with the 3-straight games at home has never won (at least Mark Cuban said that last night on Letterman). They need to go back to 2-2-1-1-1 regardless of travel schedules. I see the Mavs winning in 6, just like the topic states.

After seeing that interview (Cuban-Letterman), I like Mark even more. The way he bashed Trump and the way he came out in jeans and a Roethlisberger jersey is priceless. :D

Pistons won all three at home a few years back against Darin's Lakers :D to win the champeenship.

I will agree, 22111 is a must in the Finals; I don't care if it's Boston / LA or whatever. I mean Game 5 isn't until Sunday and they aren't going anywhere. The NBA could pull it off without much trouble. One extra travel day would do the trick.

Edited by chiefjay

series tied 2-2. terrible game for the Mavs.

Dirk was terrible!

But at least now we have a series outta it, I still think Mavs will take the series as they have home court the remaining games. :D

That hurt. Mavs have to start making shots. The 4 days off will hopefully give them time to regroup. There was a time, way back when I picked the Mavs in 6, when I looked at these 4 days as the reason it would go 6 after the Mavs went up 3-1 last night. That was a long time ago. :D

Obviously Mavs in 5 was overly optimistic. It was a lot more fun than hoping they win game 5.

Edited by Clubfoothead