[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Favorite to win the Lombardi.

PantherDave

That and the complete and total lack of respect from the NFL. If the Super Bowl was say the Cowboys against the Steelers, you think there is any way it would have been officiated like that?

Yep, the refs needed to take the slack off themselves for trying to let the Colts beat the Steelers. so they repaid the Steelers in the SB. I don't think it would of mattered who they played.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, you should have just labeled this thread "Homers - chime in why you think your team is great."

You don't know how tempted I was to say the Vikings... but realistically I think that they are still one or maybe two seasons away from winning their first Super Bowl. I do think they are a playoff team though this year. :D

You don't know how tempted I was to say the Vikings... but realistically I think that they are still one or maybe two seasons away from winning their first Super Bowl. I do think they are a playoff team though this year. :D

In our weak NFC It would not suprise me to see them in the SB, they have improved more than any other NFC team. not to mention the already improvement they had showed as the season went along last year.

That being said I like the Redskins this year myself though to represent the NFC.

I may be a homer but I'm not a dumb and blind homer. :D

:D

I think my Chiefs will be as good if not better than last year. I am just wanting to see them get in the playoffs :D The window is closing fast on this team and may already be closed, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited and was hoping for something BIG this year out of them.

PantherDave = Menudo :D

Except Menudo's team finally backed it up.......... :D

It must suck to be a Browns fans, because you can't even write your team's name down without laughing.....

I'll go with Seattle. They're a cut above the rest of the NFC and I don't see a comparable bad-ass team in the AFC this season.

There are a few reasons why I am not on the Seattle bandwagon

1) The loss of Hutch will be tough. And he will be replaced by the immortal Pork Chop.

2) so many teams have taken a big tumble the year after making it to the SB. There's extended play and practice that takes a toll on the team and the coaches. You just don't know what that impact will be.

I'll go with Seattle. They're a cut above the rest of the NFC and I don't see a comparable bad-ass team in the AFC this season.

I'm going with Seattle just because no team really excites me this year - I think because of some real good players getting injured last year (eg. Palmer, CPep, and now Rothlisp-berger) and other key players changing teams (eg. Edge, TO, etc), I don't see a clear leader right now.

Not that Seattle excites me :D , but they seem to have the least changes and should be eager to make the next step. :D

There are a few reasons why I am not on the Seattle bandwagon

1) The loss of Hutch will be tough. And he will be replaced by the immortal Pork Chop.

Agreed, but they still have Jones and Tobeck anchoring a very good line. Shaun may not get 27 rushing TDs this year, but they're still going to dominate the line of scrimmage.

Seattle also has six "gimme" games against crappy divisional opponents, further increasing their chances for home-field advantage. Dallas and Carolina are the only teams that have a shot at stopping them, IMO.

2) so many teams have taken a big tumble the year after making it to the SB. There's extended play and practice that takes a toll on the team and the coaches. You just don't know what that impact will be.

Like the Patriots? :D

Seattle's secondary is vulnerable. Outside of that, I don't see any gaping holes. Their combination of talent and relative lack of tough opponents makes them the best bet to at least make it to the SB, IMO.

Agreed, but they still have Jones and Tobeck anchoring a very good line. Shaun may not get 27 rushing TDs this year, but they're still going to dominate the line of scrimmage.

Seattle also has six "gimme" games against crappy divisional opponents, further increasing their chances for home-field advantage. Dallas and Carolina are the only teams that have a shot at stopping them, IMO.

Like the Patriots? :D

Seattle's secondary is vulnerable. Outside of that, I don't see any gaping holes. Their combination of talent and relative lack of tough opponents makes them the best bet to at least make it to the SB, IMO.

I would like to think that Stl and Az won't be pushover games, but they most liekly will be. That is a nice advantage for Seattle, I agree. And I'm not saying that their line will be terrible, but I don't know that it will be dominant. That we will know a fwe weeks into the season.

anyways...

What the3 Pats have been able to do is rare. I didn't bring it up because it's not the norm. Just about every other team that has been to the SB has had problems, and the Pats fell into this mold in 2003. They weren't terrible at 9-7, but they were no SB contender. If I were betting on a return trip for Seattle, I would bet against it.

And SA is already cursed for this year :D

What the3 Pats have been able to do is rare. I didn't bring it up because it's not the norm. Just about every other team that has been to the SB has had problems, and the Pats fell into this mold in 2003. They weren't terrible at 9-7, but they were no SB contender. If I were betting on a return trip for Seattle, I would bet against it.

There's definitely precedent for that. The '03 Raiders, '04 Panthers, and the '05 Eagles bombed big-time after losing the SB.

And SA is already cursed for this year :D

It'd be just my luck that SA would tear his ACL and my "The Madden Curse is Horsesh*t" thesis would be dealt another blow. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Year 3 with Gibbs as head Coach and being familiar with his system. Keeping Greg Williams as their DC who has turned that D into a formidable force. Hiring of Al Saunders as OC. Gibbs hand picked young QB Jason Campbell having a year on the side to learn the NFL.

What's not to like? :D

So,Jason Campbell was hand picked by Gibbs and he's gonna take 'em to the Super Bowl this year?Nah.

So,Jason Campbell was hand picked by Gibbs and he's gonna take 'em to the Super Bowl this year?Nah.

We seen Big Ben, Brad Johnson,Trent Dilfer,Mark Rypien,Doug Williams,Jim McMahon,Jim Plunkett(twice) all win rings because of a great defense...I don't see how it is that big a deal to think Brunell or Campbell could do it too.

Yeah,I know him.Too bad he won't be behind center when the games start.Come on,was'nt everyone saying this about the 'skins at this time last year?

We'll see.

Im pretty sure he wasnt under center for those other 4 SB's he went to in his 12 year earlier coaching stint.

Dont make me crush yer tiny fragile pinheaded Dallas Cowboy fan skull like Riggins stomping on a beer can.

You pansies are paying TO to dance on yer star.

In all seriousness, I think PD is a bigger homer than I am (Is that possible) :D

Possibly, but his style is so much easier to take - no offense intended. :D

Edit to add:

:jumping on Hawks bandwagon:

Edited by major-tom

Sadly, I don't think it will be the Colts.

I'm going with BENGALS!

This is their/your year Hook. they would of won it last year had Dungy not sat everyone for so long.

I think the Bengels take a step back this year myself.I think betting against the Bengels vs the spread early in the year is gonna make some people some money.

Edited by Doc Holliday