[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you regularly call people republican, democrat, conservative, or liberal

proninja

What do these three all have in common? :D Oh yeah, they all have income limitations.

So tell us again Perch why you think we should get rid of these deductions.

Is it because they don't help the economy or is it because they don't help you?

You finally got it. I'm for fair taxation. Why should I pay more in taxes and get less benifits for my tax dollar? If a deduction is available to anyone, it should be available to everyone. If you pay attention you will realize I don't mind paying taxes, I just get pissed about the unfair tax code we currrently have. I also get pissed when people talk about tax cuts targeted at the rich, when the rich already pay more in $ and as a % of their income, and get less benifits from it. I want either a flat tax, or a tax similar to the "Fair Tax".

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You finally got it. I'm for fair taxation. Why should I pay more in taxes and get less benifits for my tax dollar? If a deduction is available to anyone, it should be available to everyone. If you pay attention you will realize I don't mind paying taxes, I just get pissed about the unfair tax code we currrently have. I also get pissed when people talk about tax cuts targeted at the rich, when the rich already pay more in $ and as a % of their income, and get less benifits from it. I want either a flat tax, or a tax similar to the "Fair Tax".

Typical :D

:D

poofee it is. :D

Edited by Pope Flick

Sure, just as soon as we all get a CPA for 8 weeks to sharpen up our tax evasion skills.

They're rich because they have had amazing opportunity in the land of milk and honey we call the good old USA. That's something that they should be thankful for and proud to help subsidize the future of the country. Remember Andrew Carnegie? Look up what he thought about the estate tax.

Consider this a public service announcement.

Political affiliation has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence. If someone identifies themselves with a certain political party and your first thought is "wow, he must be a smart guy" you may or may not be right, but it is for certain that you are not a smart guy. Also, if someone brings forth an opinion, and you respond with "typical repugnitard comment there" and the thread has absolutely nothing to do with politics, not only are you an idiot, but you're a hijacking troll as well. If you assume that I'm a democrat, and since you're a democrat you think I'm smart, well, guess what? Well, in that case you're right, but you're still dumb.

Political affiliation is an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. I like green, you like blue. Same thing. If I call you stupid for liking green, what am I? An idiot.

Thank you for listening. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

(in before the sarcastic political comments which will not annoy me at all as I expect them. TIA.)

you left out scientologist.....I haven't heard of this label before 2006.....it's another new label to couple people into a group whether it's positive or negative....

"if you're not with me...you're with "them" "

They're rich because they have had amazing opportunity in the land of milk and honey we call the good old USA. That's something that they should be thankful for and proud to help subsidize the future of the country. Remember Andrew Carnegie? Look up what he thought about the estate tax.

Here, let me do it for you even...

LINK-A-ROO

Discourage sloth: "The parent who leaves his son enormous wealth," wrote steel magnate Andrew Carnegie a century ago, "generally deadens the talents and energies of the son, and leads him to lead a less useful and less worthy life than he otherwise would."

You'd think that Republicans, if anyone, would sympathize with Carnegie's point. After all, if giving a single mother $10,000 a year in welfare stifles her incentive to work, just think how much worse it must be for someone who gets a windfall of 100 or 1,000 times that much.

LINK-A-ROO

Discourage sloth: "The parent who leaves his son enormous wealth," wrote steel magnate Andrew Carnegie a century ago, "generally deadens the talents and energies of the son, and leads him to lead a less useful and less worthy life than he otherwise would."

You'd think that Republicans, if anyone, would sympathize with Carnegie's point. After all, if giving a single mother $10,000 a year in welfare stifles her incentive to work, just think how much worse it must be for someone who gets a windfall of 100 or 1,000 times that much.

You just shattered perched's entire identity. That must sting.

LINK-A-ROO

I believe it was also Carnegie who said "The one thing a rich man wishes he could leave to his heirs are the hardships that caused him to earn the fortune in the first place."

No Americans benefits more from the way things are than the wealthy.

No Americans benefits more from the way things are than the wealthy.

Would you care to explain that? How does paying almost twice as much in taxes as the normal American, and recieving less in government services a benifit? How is seeing almost 1/2 of what you work for all your life to pass on to your children going to the government a benifit? How does the target on your back for lawyers to come after you a benifit? Don't get me wrong, I'll take my life over the majority any day, but you have to admit, the tax system is totally unfair. We pay over 90% of all taxes and recieve far fewer benifits from the government, that those that pay little or no taxes, and then when we do get a tax break (A smaller % that those pay very little) those on the left start yapping about how unfair it is. So, tell me how do we get as much benifit for our $ as the guy that is hardly paying anything in taxes.

LINK-A-ROO

Was Carnegie talking specifically about estate tax with these quotes?

Would you care to explain that? How does paying almost twice as much in taxes as the normal American, and recieving less in government services a benifit? How is seeing almost 1/2 of what you work for all your life to pass on to your children going to the government a benifit? How does the target on your back for lawyers to come after you a benifit? Don't get me wrong, I'll take my life over the majority any day, but you have to admit, the tax system is totally unfair. We pay over 90% of all taxes and recieve far fewer benifits from the government, that those that pay little or no taxes, and then when we do get a tax break (A smaller % that those pay very little) those on the left start yapping about how unfair it is. So, tell me how do we get as much benifit for our $ as the guy that is hardly paying anything in taxes.

Because those who have, regardless of their tax burden, benefit more from the rule of law and government institutions because otherwise the poor and hungry would string them up and take what they had. You ever heard of the Russian Revolution, silly? Further, they benefit more from the orderly regulation and maintenance of systems of commercial transactions, etc. You think the poor guy driving his VW van or the rich guy with the trucking enterprise benefit more from a good system of interstate highways?

Are you dense? Everything you ever post on taxes or government services shows you care only about the pocketbook of perch and/or perch's relatives.

I'm going to give you a little more credit than skins and assume you are fishing.

Consider this a public service announcement.

Political affiliation has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence. If someone identifies themselves with a certain political party and your first thought is "wow, he must be a smart guy" you may or may not be right, but it is for certain that you are not a smart guy. Also, if someone brings forth an opinion, and you respond with "typical repugnitard comment there" and the thread has absolutely nothing to do with politics, not only are you an idiot, but you're a hijacking troll as well. If you assume that I'm a democrat, and since you're a democrat you think I'm smart, well, guess what? Well, in that case you're right, but you're still dumb.

Political affiliation is an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. I like green, you like blue. Same thing. If I call you stupid for liking green, what am I? An idiot.

Thank you for listening. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

(in before the sarcastic political comments which will not annoy me at all as I expect them. TIA.)

hers ia little hint

when you are typing a story for othere to read...... have a point ,it makes it much more enjoyable for the reader