[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Travel Site Deals

Big Country

SO, I have a few trips coming up that I need to book, and I was just curious where everyone has found good deals in the past.

I'll check the regular sites like travelocity and hotwire and a few individual airline sites, just curious what other sites out there have produced good offers.

I need to book flights from Orange County to Las Vegas for July 22-25th (may drive this trip as wife and some othewr friends may go, depends what final arrangements are) and again for Vegas for WCOFF, probably leaving the night of September 7th and returning on Monday the 11th.

The other trip I need to book is again from Orange County flying into Rochester, NY August 16-21. I've been told that Buffalo airport is not that much farther, but, not being from the area, I'll probably play it safe and fly into Rochester so I will have less drive time to deal with. The best deal I have found so far flying into Rochester is just under $400 each for round trip. My wife and I will be going on this trip, so, trying to get this as cheap as possible as I am in a wedding so we have the hotel, tuxedo rental, etc. already adding up for this trip.

Anyway, I appreciate any input from other travel sites or options I may have overlooked.

for hotels i use expedia..... then call the hotel directly and see if they will match (95% of the time they do). also enquire about AAA discounts, etc (if you have it). a lot of hotel prefer booking themselves and if there are any other specials going on you are more likely to get them because of booking directly with them.

for air i use orbitz and do the same thing.... call the ariline to book the flight.

for hotels i use expedia..... then call the hotel directly and see if they will match (95% of the time they do). also enquire about AAA discounts, etc (if you have it). a lot of hotel prefer booking themselves and if there are any other specials going on you are more likely to get them because of booking directly with them.

for air i use orbitz and do the same thing.... call the ariline to book the flight.

I do pretty much the same. United charges and extra fee $10-$20 per ticket if you book on the phone.

Southwest flies out of all those airports, and you can book your air, car, and hotel all on their website. Convenient and if you get your flights booked far enough in advance they are generally reasonable. I fly from Oakland to Orange County quite a bit and a one-way fare with lot's of weeks in advance is about $49.

Isnt it alot cheaper to fly out of LAX than Orange County? My wife flew out of Nashville to LAX a couple weeks ago and it was a few hundred cheaper. They had a cheap shuttle to take her to her girlfriends house in Newport Beach.

be careful with expedia....had a situation where we got to the hotel and there was no reservation. surprisingly, the hotel nor expedia wanted to take responsiblity. to make matters even worse, the hotel was booked solid! so if you do go expedia, i would call the hotel to confirm everything.

with flights, i use yahoo travel. then i go to the specific airline's website once i find a flight i want. all the travel sites kick in an extra 5-10 beans.

Edited by dmarc117

Southwest flies out of all those airports, and you can book your air, car, and hotel all on their website. Convenient and if you get your flights booked far enough in advance they are generally reasonable. I fly from Oakland to Orange County quite a bit and a one-way fare with lot's of weeks in advance is about $49.

SWA is becoming my fave airline. I flew United to Vegas in April! :D The bastooges promised me 2 aisle seats in thier economy plus section (6c & 6d) 2 nites before the flight, but they said I still had to check in at the gate. I went to the gate and the bi@cth attendant said. Those aren't available!!! When I complained she said "Do you want to fly on this flight or not?" SWA has about 2-3" more knee room and if you get there early enough, the Exit aisle seats are a good possibility! Plus, I have about 22K miles on United and they are cancelling them next month!!! :D F' United! Did I metion the stock I got screwed on also? :D

Edited by rocknrobn26

SWA is becoming my fave airline. I flew United to Vegas in April! :D The bastooges promised me 2 aisle seats in thier economy plus section (6c & 6d) 2 nites before the flight, but they said I still had to check in at the gate. I went to the gate and the bi@cth attendant said. Those aren't available!!! When I complained she said "Do you want to fly on this flight or not?" SWA has about 2-3" more knee room and if you get there early enough, the Exit aisle seats are a good possibility! Plus, I have about 22K miles on United and they are cancelling them next month!!! :D F' United! Did I metion the stock I got screwed on also? :D

You sound like my co-worker...he's getting screwed by United on his miles as well.

I fly Southwest about 90% of all my travel. Although they have open seating, you can check in 24 hours ahead of time online or by your wireless phone and get priority A seating. Good company, good service, and not too many delays. For every 8 roundtrip tickets you purchase they give you one roundtrip ticket free to any of their destinations...which starting in July will mean Hawaii since they own ATA airlines...aloha!

I fly Southwest constantly, and OC is one of the more expensive airports for them.. other alternative is Ontario airport which is usually cheaper, but, travel time is a pain. John Wayne is about 15-20 minutes from my house, Ontario anywhere from 30- 2 hours depending on traffic and time.

And in this case, I have checked Southwest and their flights were not significantly cheaper than anything I have had..... love getting that A boarding and try get their early to get that exit row... best is travelling with my son so we get preboard and those front sections.

You sound like my co-worker...he's getting screwed by United on his miles as well.

I fly Southwest about 90% of all my travel. Although they have open seating, you can check in 24 hours ahead of time online or by your wireless phone and get priority A seating.

How does that work??? I always just went to the hotel's business area, rented a 'puter for 10 mins (($8) and printed my 'A' pass. How do you get the paper work if you use the cell phone? Inquiring minds need to know. :D