[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about "Pay per click" on websites

peepinmofo

Ok so someone I used to be friends with supposedly has this gig where he creates web pages and based on the amount of hits he gets, he gets checks in the mail for these. Im friends with his brother-in-law, so he keeps telling me how hes getting these checks that they have supposedly seen, in amounts like 50k - 300k.

Now me personally, I find it hard, if not impossible to believe. But he SWEARS its true.

Any idea what the hail this is about?

Ok so someone I used to be friends with supposedly has this gig where he creates web pages and based on the amount of hits he gets, he gets checks in the mail for these. Im friends with his brother-in-law, so he keeps telling me how hes getting these checks that they have supposedly seen, in amounts like 50k - 300k.

Now me personally, I find it hard, if not impossible to believe. But he SWEARS its true.

Any idea what the hail this is about?

Unless he's designing cnn.com or something I find this very hard to be true.

Unless he's designing cnn.com or something I find this very hard to be true.

I agree. But supposedly based on the amount of clicks he gets, he gets paid that way. Now how he gets so many clicks is beyond me. Oh and also, he doesnt have a nice house or anything like that, but I was told he did just buy a new boat. I doubt it was anything nice though.

I figure it to be BS. Just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it...

It sounds like it could be MLM (Multi-Level Marketing). Its basically a pyramid scheme that pays off for the top dogs, but bottom rungs get all hype and no cash.

If its pay-per-click, he would have to be the CEO of the company that provides the technology that places the ads, not just signs up for an account and gets residuals. PPC is a lucrative business... if your the ones selling the space and providing the data-channel to the sites but not as backend reseller. I host over a hundred sites, some have parked domains that generate PPC revenue that at the most (500-1000 clicks per month) gets me a check for about $100, which is nice for doing basically nothing, but not anywhere near the dough-re-me this dude is claiming :D

It sounds like BS to me IMHO :D

Edited by Cunning Linguist

It sounds like it could be MLM (Multi-Level Marketing). Its basically a pyramid scheme that pays off for the top dogs, but bottom rungs get all hype and no cash.

If its pay-per-click, he would have to be the CEO of the company that provides the technology that places the ads, not just signs up for an account and gets residuals. PPC is a lucrative business... if your the ones selling the space and providing the data-channel to the sites but not as backend reseller. I host over a hundred sites, some have parked domains that generate PPC revenue that at the most (500-1000 clicks per month) gets me a check for about $100, which is nice for doing basically nothing, but not anywhere near the dough-re-me this dude is claiming :D

It sounds like BS to me IMHO :D

NOD! This story reeks of the old........."My cousin's friend's friend got a car that was getting 200 mpg. He took it in to get it checked out and......................" I'd want to see those checks! :D

Edited by rocknrobn26