[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben update

aqualung

Channel 11 News Pittsburgh just reported that BB did not have a valid permit or motorcycle license. :D

Damn, he gets away with somewhat minor injuries, but, now he'll spend most of the rest of his life in jail fro committing a heinous crime. :D

Ben Roethlisberger might have been riding without a license to drive a motorcycle when he was involved in an accident Monday.

Roethlisberger was riding this motorcycle when he collided with an automobile in Pittsburgh on Monday morning.

Sources told the TV station that Roethlisberger had a license to operate a car but has never had a Pennsylvania motorcycle license.

Roethlisberger had a learner's permit to operate a motorcycle that expired March 29 but had never taken the written and driving tests for a motorcycle license, a source told KDKA.

Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Tammy Ewin told the station that police would "have no comment on licensing issues" until after the accident investigation.

Roethlisberger, the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl championship, had surgery Monday after breaking his jaw and nose in a motorcycle crash.

Roethlisberger remained in serious but stable condition after seven hours of surgery, according to Dr. Daniel Pituch, chief of oral and maxillofacial surgery at Mercy Hospital.

"He suffered multiple facial fractures," Pituch said. "All of the fractures were successfully repaired. His brain, spine, chest and abdomen appear to be without serious injury. And there are no other confirmed injuries at this time."

The doctors declined to release further information at the family's request.

ESPN.com's John Clayton confirmed that Roethlisberger also suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, has lost or chipped a number of teeth and has minor injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement.

Roethlisberger, 24, was not wearing a helmet, police said. He has said he likes to ride without one, a habit that once prompted a lecture from Pittsburgh coach Bill Cowher.

In May 2005, Cowher warned him about safe riding after Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident. Winslow tore knee ligaments and was lost for the season.

Roethlisberger has pointed out a Pennsylvania state law requiring helmets was amended in September 2003 to make helmets optional.

$147.50 is the high bid. :D

The craze this accident has caused with everyone, both the fans and the haters, just shows the legend that Ben Roethlisberger has already become...... :D:D

He'll get a ticket for riding without a licnese, but I think all insurance company's are now off the hook, as far as his medical costs goes. That'll be coming out of Ben's pockett.

And being thathe hit a left turner on the passenger side, it was prolly not his fault, but no friggin' lisence!! :D What a moran!

And being thathe hit a left turner on the passenger side, it was prolly not his fault, but no friggin' lisence!! :D What a moran!

I really hate to say this out loud but that is very common around the PA area. Well, maybe not the entire PA area but I will speculate and say that it prolly is. The problem is that the State Police make it a pretty tough riding test to pass. Most of the people that didn't pass this test when they were very young and riding a small bike end up taking a safety course that ends up giving you your license. I know that I tried the riding part of the test when I was about 25 on a Harley Soft Tail and there was no way that I could pass the figure eight part of the test. It is pretty well known that it is pretty hard to do on a bigger bike so a lot of people end up just like Big Ben.