[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fathers Day presents

nuke'em ttg

Wife and kids say they know what they're going to get me....i said all i want is Vegetable pizza (the cold kind with cream cheese) they said okay.......getting my dad the usual..... car wash coupons :D .....pretty boring stuff.... what's it like around the Huddle for FD presents..... :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hookers and steak for me

+1

Now I know what to get my dad, too! Thanks Yukon! :D

Actually the wife and I are taking a three day RV trip around SE Missouri and NW Arkansas, see the lakes, do some fishing, etc. And my Fathers Day gift is........the wife promises to not wear underwear the entire time, woot woot!!

Watching the World Cup in the morning/early afternoon, watching the US Open late afternoon and playing my own soccer game in the evening. No time for gifts and dinner, but I like the way the day is looking so far. Then again, my 2 kids are dogs so I don't really get any gifts anyway.

Coming back from Mexico around noon that day.

Wife wants to go to dinner. Told her I don't want to, rather eat at home.

She said we are going out to dinner and we are going to this steakhouse.

I said it's Fathers Day, don't I get to pick?

She said no, all of us (meaning her and kids) decided this is where we are going.

Wife :D REZ

Started a sort of tradition a few years back where we usually go away and do something "special" with the whole family that I choose for the weekend. I don't ask for any gifts other than for all of us (me, wife, kids) to do something fun together.

Last year we went to the beach for a long weekend, and this year we are heading up the Poconos to a campground (staying in an equipped cabin no tent) with a pool, fishing, mini-golf, etc. staying until Monday.

I'm very much looking forward to it.

After a doctors appt tomorrow AM, I head up to Wells, ME with three buds for a weekend of drinking and grill action. Will probably head to Portland for lunch tomorrow and a visit to the Shipyard Brewery. :D

Come home Sunday for lunch with dad and the rest of the siblings at my sisters. Chinese food feast. :D

Well Mothers day and Fathers day in my family sucks IMO. My wife and I always spend the days with our parents on these days. So when do we get these days for ourselves? Does nobody else have this issue?

I usually get dinner and a BJ from the wife. :D

Well Mothers day and Fathers day in my family sucks IMO. My wife and I always spend the days with our parents on these days. So when do we get these days for ourselves? Does nobody else have this issue?

No offense intended, but I wish I COULD spend Father's Day w/ my Dad and Father-in-Law, anywhere. :D

Mother's Day we take the mother in law out to whichever restaurant she wants to go to

but the rest of the day is devoted to my wife.

Only one still around to do anything with.

I asked for a new digital camera (I marked a catalog with the one I wanted and gave it to my wife).

Going to church that day, followed by a family barbecue at home and watching the U.S. Open (or anything else I want).

I can't wait! :D

My dad is pretty much a dick, so I usually buy him a tie or some other lame gift.

:D

My dad isn't a dick, but since he and my mom divorced when I was young and he moved several states away, it was always a challenge picking out a fathers day card for him.

"You're the best Father..." nope.

"You're always there for me... " nope.

"Thanks for teaching me-..." nope.

Ah, here we go: "Happy Fathers Day". That covers it. :D:D

Mothers Day yes, but Fathers day no - her dad is the only one left. For mom's day we usually end up with the wife's family (her Mom and sis and all the cousins) since they're local; and my mom and grandma get the shaft. Every once in awhile we go up north to see mine, but then I have to hear about it for days. Not worth the aggravation... :D

To answer the original Q, I'm gettin more camping equipment, I think. Just got the Yakima crossbars and rooftop box for the last trip, and now need more Coleman stuff. Looking forward to a few years when the kids are old enough for mountain biking. Of course that gets more expensive...