[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

E-mail Spam blocker

MikesVikes

I tried one a couple of years ago, 2 week free trial, and it was a pain as I had to 'train' it. Plus these dam spammers work around it w/ varying the info just enough to get though. Lastly you still have to dump the folder they are sent to. JMO

The best way to prevent spam mail is to never sign up with anything using your e-mail address. I know with my school e-mail address (which is what I use for talking to people), I try to not sign up with anything because there's no way to just make a new e-mail if I start getting junk mail.

Sorry I don't have any information on a free spam blocker, but check around at: www.download.com

They have always had free spyware programs you might have some luck there.

I tried one a couple of years ago, 2 week free trial, and it was a pain as I had to 'train' it. Plus these dam spammers work around it w/ varying the info just enough to get though. Lastly you still have to dump the folder they are sent to. JMO

Yeah....but for spam blockers, I think you'd want them to quarantine those emails to a folder so you can manually sort through them. There's some very crucial stuff that comes thru as Spam that isn't. Most order confirmations, most FF stuff....lol, and random emails from people you've not heard from in a long time....all get caught by my spam blocker.

I remember signing up for the Huddle a few years ago......the confirmation and password went straight to delete as spam....LOL. What a mess. :D

I use a Computer Associates bundle....eTrust....I was using it way before it became free with Road Runner.

It's alright...I have a slight glitch with it in Outlook....but that doesn't mean you will. There are free ones out there I've never explored....but since I get this one free, I've never had a need to explore. But I will also say, unless you really know what you are doing....it's best not to mix too many companies when setting up a complete protection package. ie....Firewall/AV/spamonator.

The only exception I make to that is to have 3 or 4 Adware scanners and a backup Anti Virus program. Almost no one company can keep up with all the adware and viruses...eventually they do, but generally one will catch something the others aren't scanning for yet.