[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sounds to me like Ben Roethlsiberger's Cycle riding days are over

Menudo

I'll probably get ripped for posting it, but, it has been a big story, so here you go:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2484472

The following statement was released by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on Thursday:

"In the past few days, I have gained a new perspective on life. By the grace of God, I am fortunate to be alive, surrounded by loved ones and lifted by the prayers and support of so many. I am sorry for any anxiety and concern my actions have caused others, specifically my family, the Steelers organization, my teammates and our fans.

I recognize that I have a responsibility to safeguard my health in the offseason so I can continue to lead our team effectively. I never meant any harm to others nor to break any laws. I was confident in my ability to ride a motorcycle and simply believed such an accident would not happen to me. If I ever ride again, it certainly will be with a helmet.

My deepest appreciation goes out to the Steelers organization and my teammates for the compassion they have shown me. The physicians and support staff at Mercy Hospital were simply amazing, and I will forever be grateful for their caring treatment.

I want to assure everyone I am committed to a complete and timely recovery. I look forward to being at training camp in Latrobe and to winning football games this season. "

I'm just glad to hear that he realizes how stupid he was. I was afraid he might come out and say that it was just an accident that could happen to anyone and that he would continue where he left off. It sounds like he got a serious wake-up call, and, as has been said before, he is a very lucky guy.

I wa waiting to see it end with :

signed,

The Steeler Media Relations Department

Knew that was coming. If he comes out and says, "You know what, I'm going to keep riding anyway", he would get ripped apart for being stupid. So, he comes out and says the right things, and, it is said that he was just reading a written statement. No win situation.

Don't care who it came from, I just hope he stands by it.

Edited by Menudo

Knew that was coming. If he comes out and says, "You know what, I'm going to keep riding anyway", he would get ripped apart for being stupid. So, he comes out and says the right things, and, it is said that he was just reading a written statement. No win situation.

It just read very stilted and not much like something from a guy with a broken jaw, a stictched up face and who is probably still sore as all get out. Just reads like "here - read this".

Not that it was not a good step to take and not that he may not mean it. It just seems rather contrived right now.

In all seriousness, he needs to ride ONE MORE TIME ... to conquer any fear he may have after this ... and THEN hang up the bike.

Otherwise, the fear may spill over to the field making it subconsciously difficult to deal with big linemen breathing down his neck...etc...

I think he'll still ride with his Harley group but with a helmet. That is until they start ribbing him about it.

Then once again the helmet comes off. Where was his group when this happened? I guess the sensible

Ben rides his Harley cruiser with a group. The insane Ben decides to purchase the fastest sport bike on the market. I know he wasn't riding crazy like some of these young punks who think it's a thrill to weave in and out of traffic a 100+ mph. I see no harm in riding with his group out in the country, but you still have to be careful. But like I said in a previous post, if you are afraid, no way should you even attempt to ride. I know

someone who was in an accident down in Daytona. Ran into a tractor trailor when a fellow biker cut him off.

He was totally messed up for awhile but he continues to ride because he enjoys it. The fear never overtook him.

I hope Ben decides to sell the Harley and buy another when he retires. By then he'll have a wife and kids and alot more to live for so I'm sure he'll be more sensible.

There was definately another author of that statement. I am not saying that Ben didn't sign off on it but I doubt those were his exact words. He has to be too doped up on pain killers to write anything in depth.

As stated before I hopes he sticks by it though.

Edited by max

In all seriousness, he needs to ride ONE MORE TIME ... to conquer any fear he may have after this ... and THEN hang up the bike.

Otherwise, the fear may spill over to the field making it subconsciously difficult to deal with big linemen breathing down his neck...etc...

You can't be serious? You might be OVER analyzing this a wee bit.

We already know he is stupid. He has proven that beyond a shadow of doubt.

I think he'll still ride with his Harley group but with a helmet. That is until they start ribbing him about it.

Then once again the helmet comes off. Where was his group when this happened? I guess the sensible

Ben rides his Harley cruiser with a group. The insane Ben decides to purchase the fastest sport bike on the market. I know he wasn't riding crazy like some of these young punks who think it's a thrill to weave in and out of traffic a 100+ mph. I see no harm in riding with his group out in the country, but you still have to be careful. But like I said in a previous post, if you are afraid, no way should you even attempt to ride. I know

someone who was in an accident down in Daytona. Ran into a tractor trailor when a fellow biker cut him off.

He was totally messed up for awhile but he continues to ride because he enjoys it. The fear never overtook him.

I hope Ben decides to sell the Harley and buy another when he retires. By then he'll have a wife and kids and alot more to live for so I'm sure he'll be more sensible.

Don't worry, he has no friends with Harleys after riding that rice burner.