[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Argentina vs Serb-Mont.

skylive5

What a pleasure it is to watch Argentina at work. Everything appears so effortless.

Should have been 4-nil at the half. Guy was NOT offside.

Ought to be a terrible 2nd half for Serb-Mont trying to get out of this loss with less than 5 or 6 goals against.

make it 4-0

I would have to watch several more replays.... but that sure looked like an own-goal to me.

And how does the South American player of the year for the last 3 years not play the first game and come in as a sub in the 2nd half of the 2nd game? Talk about depth.

And how does the South American player of the year for the last 3 years not play the first game and come in as a sub in the 2nd half of the 2nd game? Talk about depth.

5-0. tevez, one of their best players, came off the BENCH to score it. argentina looks really good.

That's they guy I was talking about. Outstanding player and is a SUB! LOL

I would have to watch several more replays.... but that sure looked like an own-goal to me.

sky, i thought the same thing about that fourth goal. it looked like the SMT defender was sliding feet-forward and deflected it in.

did anyone see on the third goal, when saviola stole it from the SMT guy to start the play? it really looked like saviola took two hands and shoved the defender to the ground, which i can't think was legal, but no one commented on it.

man, 6-0. amazing.

.... but no one commented on it.

Yep... not a word from the announcers... even in passing. Would have to watch it again to see if the Serb player invited the contact but for now think it should have been a foul on Saviola.

eric wynalda on the post-game said fifa will take a look at that goal and probably take it away, but he complemented crespo for pretending like he scored it.

What a pleasure it is to watch Argentina at work. Everything appears so effortless.

Should have been 4-nil at the half. Guy was NOT offside.

Ought to be a terrible 2nd half for Serb-Mont trying to get out of this loss with less than 5 or 6 goals against.

Many of the Cup match-ups have not translated into very interesting Global Warfare Match-ups, (Germany and Poland comes to mind). but Arentina v Serb-Mont. might be an interesting match. The Serbs would have the whole recent Genocide experence on thier side, but you have to wonder if the Argentinians learned any good leasons from getting thier tail kicked by England.

Edited by rbmcdonald

I mentioned that Argentina looked like one of the top 4 teams after the first few days of action - after most had played their first games. Them, the Czechs, Brazil and Germany - at that point - looked like the elite. Still pretty much holding true. Ecuador is a nice dark horse and the Italians will still make some noise here. As will Spain.