[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clubfootheads do Texas

Clubfoothead

Over the summer me, the wife and Audrey will go on a seriers for day or two day drives around Texas looking for good old fashioned family fun, troopers with loose radars and good food and drink. 5 star localities will have a decent place to sneak away for puff puff give.

This weekend we head to Dublin, Texas. Not the ancestral motherland; rather, the birthplace of Dr. Pepper. On the way we'll stop off at Fossil Rim.

It's a 2 hour drive Southwest of DFW. I'll keep track of gas prices, construction zones spped traps, lunch, beer for the wife, all the speed traps. Every penny I spend and what we find to do.

Anybody need me to get them a 6 pack? DMD, I'll assume you want one. A review of the trip to follow Monday, maybe with some scenic pictures.

Part II will be historic Jefferson, Texas; the Texas State Railroad; and, maybe lunch with Perch if he's not busy. Part II will be a two day trip. :D

Not sure if there will be III or IV installments. You can bet yer azz that the summer's final installment will cover Gruene Hall and Elgin.

This should tide everyone over while you folks wait for one of Blitz's kids needs a new bat or Coach Julio finally goes postal. Let me know if you want a link to the Yahoo map from Dallas to DUblin.

:D

I assume that you are staying at the bed and breakfast in Jefferson. It's a nice peaceful place. If you are going on a weekend, I might come over and visit with you, depending on the weekend. I'm pretty busy between now and July 21st at work on a project I'm trying to get kicked off. After that, it shouldn't have to work many / any weekends until mid-September.

I assume that you are staying at the bed and breakfast in Jefferson. It's a nice peaceful place. If you are going on a weekend, I might come over and visit with you, depending on the weekend. I'm pretty busy between now and July 21st at work on a project I'm trying to get kicked off. After that, it shouldn't have to work many / any weekends until mid-September.

Part II will be late July or early August. Cool. :D

The Dr. Pepper plant in Dublin is the only one that uses cane sugar instead of corn syrup. I used to work with a guy that was commuting from Texas to California and he used to bring it with him. Much better IMO.