[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nacho Libre

Avernus

I saw it last night and am not sure what to think. It was similar to Napolean Dynamite in that it wil probably be better the second time around. There are several belly laughs but there are also many lulls in the action. They could've used more of that time spent in the ring. It seems like the makers were TRYING to make a cult movie.

I saw it last night and am not sure what to think. It was similar to Napolean Dynamite in that it wil probably be better the second time around. There are several belly laughs but there are also many lulls in the action. They could've used more of that time spent in the ring. It seems like the makers were TRYING to make a cult movie.

Yeah, Skinman sums up a lot of what I felt about Nacho. The feel in directing/editing was nearly identical to Napolean with a lot of parallels in the story. It felt as if they were trying to make a cult movie instead of giving us some detailed plot. I laughed in parts, but not as much as I had hoped. I didn't hate the movie, but I didn't really like it either.

I liked it. It could have been better, but Jack Black can't stay in character without relying on his old bag of "Jack Black" tricks (the rock singing, the stoner dude syntax, etc.) He was truly funny in scenes where he was totally Ignacio, but took you out of the movie when he started doing his "schtick."

Saw it yesterday.... It's the first movie in a long time that my wife and I actually considered leaving before it was finished. It's basically a movie for kids. Napoleon Dynamite had more adult content and I found it to be pretty funny at times. Nacho Libre had a few funny parts, but I found it pretty lame/boring for the most part. Kids in the theatre thought it was hilarious, though.

I liked it. It could have been better, but Jack Black can't stay in character without relying on his old bag of "Jack Black" tricks (the rock singing, the stoner dude syntax, etc.) He was truly funny in scenes where he was totally Ignacio, but took you out of the movie when he started doing his "schtick."

reminds me of what Mike Myers and Adam Sandler tend to do in their comedy flicks......they resort to the same stuff they did in the previous movie..