[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BC WINS at Full Contact Poker

Big Country

I'm hopped up on caffeine and excitement right now, so please excuse the typos..... flgiht went well to get here (Northern Cali to visit my parents and see friends), got the earlier flight I had wanted, so got to my folks about 8:30 and after talking for a bit with them, jumped in a tourney at 10:00 when my mom, wife and son went to bed.

So, have had a couple 2nd place finishes in these tournaments. Either $20 or $30 buy-in, generally 100-200 players.

Tonight, there were approx. 150 players.

And finally, I won the whole shebang. Thank you spain for inspiring me to try keep up with you this week.

At one point it looked really grim.

25 players left, blinds at 150 and 300, and I am in 25th chip position with about 1600 in chips and I get QQ. The player in front of me pushed all in for like 3000, so I call, and get a 2nd caller a few spots behind me. The blinds fold.

First all-in has AJ, caller behind me has AK.

Of course, a king on the flop, so I am all but out of there. Turn is no apparent help. River is the beautiful, gorgeous fabulous queen of spades.

I triple up.... it is all uphill from there.

DOuble up shortly after we condense to two tables and my stack keeps growing rapidly.

I end up going to the final table as the slight chip leader, with about 54K in chips, #2 has 52K and third place has about 32K in chips.

Once we get down to 7 handed, I take a big chunk out of the guy with 52K. I drop a few small pots here and there, then take another big bite out of the guy that used to have 52K and had been, until the final table, on the run of a lifetime. I end up putting him out in 6th place.

I stay at about 85-90K in chips, not picking up much in the way of hands.

Eventually, down to 3 handed, I have about 85K and the other two both have in the 60K range they get it all-in and we ar eheads up... but i am down approx 125 to 85K in chips.

We bob and weave for a while, me getting as low as 45K in chips, never higher than 105K. Finally I get up on him when I hit a straight to his two pair, unfortunately 4 diamonds and I had the low end, so all the money did not get in, but, it gave me the chip lead.

THen I get Q9 in the BB, he min raises so I call.

Flop is Q96.

I check, he bets 6K, about size of pot, and I call. putting I believe 19K in the pot.

Turn is a J.

I bet out 10K, he pushes all in and I call quickly.

He had KQ for top pair, I had my two pair, the river was a meaningless 3, and I finally won my first "big" multi table tourney after several 2nd place finishes.

So, a nice $850 in my pocket to go with the earlier score Wednesday night.

Nice haul for the Huddlers.

Nice work!, and these multi's are work, and definitely some Qards have to hit as well........ So funny how you can be severly shortstacked and almost out, get that nice pot, and it is all golden from then on. Sounds like you got some solid tourney skills.

My best finish in a large multi was 5th out about 700, on Pacific Poker. The funny thing is, I lost a big pot less than 10 minutes in, and was almost busted. Regrouped, got some nice flow going, and ran pretty well.

I am thinking about trying party or fcp- fcp looks like they have some nice bonuses going on.

:D:D:D That is awesome BC! Congratulations! The next you get pretty deep into a tourney like that, post here at the tailgate so we will know. I would like to come over a watch you play a tourney out like that! That is definitely a nice feeling when you take one down like that BC! Congrats a fine win..

:D:D:D That is awesome BC! Congratulations! The next you get pretty deep into a tourney like that, post here at the tailgate so we will know. I would like to come over a watch you play a tourney out like that! That is definitely a nice feeling when you take one down like that BC! Congrats a fine win..

I was going to post here about it, but as it was late on a Friday Night, and after being so shortstcked I was really concentrating hard on picking the right spots and opponents to make a move on I did not want to add in the distraction of trying to update a thread here.

Looks like I may have some extra cash for WCOFF

Oh yeah, well I managed to come in 4th place out of 6 in the Friday night Huddle game, so there...

Oh wait....:D

Nice job BC. I've yet to deposit money on any site as I am a law abiding citizen :D

Except for boundgaggedandspankedbeancounters.com I happen to know you've spent money there.